Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2010 Legacy

2010 Subaru Legacy

2010 Subaru Legacy

4.5

Have You Driven the 2010 Subaru Legacy?

Love My Subaru

by Chris M. from Marlboro, NJ on Thu Mar 03 2011

Great car for the money. AWD is good on fair weather and snowy roads. Very good comfort with quality leather seats. Nice cabin space with good room in front seats and big back seat which comes in handy. Back seat folds down for cargo. Good trunk space. Controls are easy to use. Outside styling is really quite nice. Would definitely recommend this car to a friend. I've experienced very good reliability - I've had this car for 15 months and have 21K miles on it. Never had any reliability issues and have only been back to the dealership for regular scheduled maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotation.

Great car for the money

by Happy Driver from Paradise, CA on Wed Jun 16 2010

2010 Legacy 2.5i Limited is an excellent choice in a mid-sized sedan with all-wheel drive. We've taken two long trips averaging 31 & 32mpg. Very comfortable leather seats, good power, excellent handling (on new Conti Extreme Contact DWS). Excellent room in back seat.

3rd time charm

by bluesman from urbana,il on Tue Mar 27 2012

bought an 07 accord in Feb 11 after my 95 maxima died, the honda rode rough, sat too low and had too much wind noise so I sold it after 6 mo. bought a 09 sonata which had a noisy suspension and sold it after 3 mo. finally got it right the 3rd time with a 2010 subaru legacy 2.5i Premium trim -has 17k mi, paid 18K for it. rides great, sits up higher, not much road noise

Love My Suby

by Gas Station Girl from CT on Tue Mar 09 2010

I've Driven a lot of cars. I also run a shop and know a lot of the problems vehicles have. I wanted a Car with all wheel drive and refused to go to the high priced Audi because i work on them and would NEVER own one. I found my Subaru to be well priced and i love the new body style. This car is solid in the snow, thats why i bought it. I have no complaints and i have 6,000 miles already. i just dont want to get out of it.

Impressive for the money

by Subie-Lover from Fort Worth, TX on Fri Oct 09 2009

One of my good friends who owns a Subaru Impreza WRX STI said that I should at least stop by the Subaru dealership before I make my final decision on a Mazda. I am so glad I did!! The dealership that was closest to my house, only had 1 Legacy on the lot -thanks to Cash for Clunkers- but when I looked at it, I absolutely fell in love. I test drove it and knew I had to have it. I ended up purchasing a different one with the options that I wanted when it came in and I got a great deal. This car has excellent handling. I love driving in the rain now because I know that this is one of the safest cars that I could possibly be in. I purchased a 2.5i Premium, which has the Boxer 4 cylinder engine with the CVT transmission. The first thing that I noticed is that the gas mileage is excellent. I average about 29MPG between about equal highway and in-town driving. Some people complain about the interior as feeling cheap but I love the look of the brushed metal and I think that it will grow on everyone as well. I opted to get the Harman Kardon sound system and I love it! It is excellent all around and sounds 10 times better than the factory "Infiniti" system in my 08 Dodge Ram. This car is excellent for the money and the features are plentiful for a car this price. I only have two complaints about the car. 1) I think the cloth seats feel really cheap. They are made out of a kind of cloth that I have never really seen. You will know what I am talking about when you sit in one. I am not sure what the leather seats are like but I'm sure they are probably better that these. 2) I think the 16 inch wheels that they put on this car are much too small. By the size of this car, it should have like 18 or 19 inch factory wheels with some medium profile tires, comparable to something you would see on an Infiniti or BMW. That would make this car look much classier. Otherwise, I have no complaints about this car. It's a Subaru, so you know it will last forever. There is a guy living near me that has an 1990 Subaru Legacy with 310,000 miles on the dash!! He told me he has had no major problems and the only money he has put into it are the scheduled maintenance which includes oil changes, fluid changes, new tires, brake pads, etc. This car is really sweet and if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

legacy with attitude

by ruth27 from Pittsburgh,Pa on Mon Sep 27 2010

My 5th Subaru...This one has a little attitude. 2.5gt legacy, awesome styling and larger than my previous legacy 6speed is fun to drive period.handles great. compared it to a4 quttro awd. saved about $10,000 .....Thanks Subaru......

good mpg and 4wd sedan

by subie lover from topsfield, ma on Mon Jan 23 2012

I'm getting good mileage - over 30 mpg and a smooth ride in my subaru legacy. the new cvt transmission works well. Great 4wd vehicle

Favorite Brand of Car

by High Mileage Driver from Rural Wisconsin on Mon Jan 23 2012

I put on about 45,000 miles a year, I expect my Subarus to last at least 300,000 miles, my last one went 268,000 before the transmission started to make a loud gear noise, I cannot risk a breakdown so I had to buy a replacement early, bought a 2010 with 100,000 miles on it for $13,000 and expect it to make 300,000. I love Subarus

Simple/Solid/Sturdy/Safe

by EnviroConscious from Baltimore MD on Mon Mar 22 2010

I love driving this car for its comfort and reliability and responsiveness. Second-time Subaru owner - might be more if they didn't last so long!

Subuaru Legacy

by JET from NJ on Sat Jul 10 2010

I bought a 4 cyclinder Legacy and love it. Very comfortable, AWD, looks good, burns regulary fuel, 32 mpg on the road and lots of room. The nav could be improved but works well and I like the stereo. I checked out every AWD cars available. The problem with the higher priced ones is they all burn premium fuel thus the price per mile goes up by about 10%. Also good safety ratings. Jim

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2010 Subaru Legacy

More cars in the future will resemble the 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, whether we like it or not.

While this all-wheel drive sedan is fun, capable and good looking, it's also got a CVT connected to its 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This continuously variable transmission is going to take some getting used to.

See, CVTs defy the senses, and that's where the trouble begins.

But there's no doubting that they're going to be inside future cars because they undeniably provide better gas mileage. The base Legacy with a 6-speed manual transmission and the same engine gets 19 miles per gallon in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. But the Limited, which offers the CVT as standard, gets 23 mpg city and 31 mpg... Read More