2013 Outback

2013 Subaru Outback

2013 Subaru Outback

4.5

Have you driven the 2013 Subaru Outback?

The Swiss Army Knife of Cars

by First-Time Car Buyer from Omaha, NE on Tue Jan 29 2013

The day after I bought my Outback, it snowed four inches. I was in heaven. While other drivers were slipping and sliding around my neighborhood, the symmetrical all wheel drive got me where I needed to go. The second day after I bought my Outback, I took a few clients out for dinner and drinks. The heated front seats and spacious second row kept everyone comfortable and happy. The third day after I bought my Outback, I took my niece's sledding. All four of our sleds fit easily in the big trunk, and my Subaru had no trouble getting up the icy street to the top of the hill. While the four cylinder engine may not pack a huge punch, it is responsive and very efficient. After two months, I'm averaging 22 mpg. I've driven around 1200 miles in town and 800 highway miles. The cabin is very quiet and comfortable at high speeds. I went with the charcoal gray exterior, I think it looks professional yet sporty. After driving it for two months, my Subaru Outback is the best purchase I've ever made.

2013 2.5i Limited w/ Eyesight

by PDX RoxyRu from Portland Or on Thu Sep 13 2012

Absolutely love this car! Eyesight is great, especially for my spouse who now has an assistant if I'm getting too close to another car or moving out of our lane. Excellent space for gear in the back and back seats are comfortable for 3 teens or 2 adults. CVT could use more power, however getting 28-30 MPG for an all wheel drive...can't really complain.

Excellent Choice Car

by Bobby from Elk Grove, California on Tue Oct 02 2012

I have always liked to own a outback and after so many years, managed to buy one. In the early 1990's, my company bought me a Subaru Legacy which I drove for 7 years without any problem. I never even had a flat tire. So from then on, I have been a very big Subaru fan. It's a very reliable car to travel in. My family is so happy with Subaru, that my wife also bought a new 2012 Forester. My 2013 Subaru Outback is awesome and the price I paid for it, is great. It's worth the money one pays.

Love the 4 wheel system

by Outdoor Fan from SF Bay Area, CA on Fri Mar 01 2013

I have had two Foresters (2001; 2002) and waited until Subaru came up with a comfortable model with enough to make me trade in. Previous Foresters were great handling, but had some recent mechanical issues-not uncommon-and the 2013 Outback made me decide. The other options (Acura, Lexus) were 12k+ more. I saved that with my selection. It has enough interior room (more than Highlander-which is V-6 and large outside).

great mpg

by Abzats from Houston, TX on Mon Oct 15 2012

Excellent fuel efficiency. After 1 hour of city and highway driving I read on display it could go another 550 miles before tank is empty. Amazing. And it's a decent size, AWD car.

Fully Loaded Outback

by Queen B from Fayetteville, NC on Sun Sep 23 2012

I recently built and recieved my 2013 Outback. The product is excellent and my wife loves her new car. We bought a Limited with: the entertainment package (worth every penny), rear seatback covers (could be more durable), all weather mats (get weathertech if weather doesn't decide your trip), lastly the special apperance package (looks great) Brilliant brown with saddle brown seats. The 4 cylinder has pleanty of power for daily traffic and road trips. The gas mileage is great, much better than my 328i wagon for sure. The interior could be abit simpler but doesn't bother me abit. I love the car and will wish for a minivan from Subaru so I don't have to by a Odyssey. Love the Subaru Outback.......

Best Outback Yet

by ChewinRI from Providence, RI on Fri Jan 11 2013

I have had a new 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Special Appearance Package now for a couple of months and so far I am very happy with this vehicle choice. First off, I think it is an awesome looking car, both inside and out. Most people will say the exterior styling is a "love it or hate it" thing, but for a wagon, I think the car looks great. I ordered the Satin White Pearl and it really is a beautiful paint color, especially compared to my older white Subaru Forester's paint. The SAP's Saddle Brown interior is beautiful and a great addition to the Outbacks. The SAP also includes the nice new navigation screen and radio interface, which after a small learning curve is really easy to use and has some nice features. I like the HD radio, the 400Watt Harmon Kardon stereo w/ 7 channel equalizer, and the navigation with voice commands. The bluetooth phone system also works perfectly with my blackberry. Being a Subaru, the car has been great so far in our first major snow here in New England. The fuel economy is okay. Highway mileage is as expected, but the city mileage does drop down quick after lots of stop and go traffic with winter fuel. The car is quiet, sturdy, easy to drive, and has great viability. It won't win any dashes off of the line, but has enough pep to not put you to sleep driving either. And being a Subaru, (my 3rd), I am pretty sure this thing will last a lifetime with minimal work. If there are any complaints, there are two small ones. First, while I love the memory seats that comes with the SAP, i found it took a really long time to get the 10-way seat to a comfortable driving position. Not sure why. The seats have a weird seam right down the middle which took a little getting used to. But now I find the seats plenty comfortable. And lastly, I wish the seat heaters had more than two settings (High & Low) and that they came on faster and got hotter. My old VW had the best heated seats ever! Overall a great family car that I love driving and would recommend to anyone!

probably above average

by newbie from viginia on Thu Dec 13 2012

Haven't had it long enough to give a full review but here are a few likes and dislikes. It's a very cofortable car with the 10 way adj. seat. I don't care for the headrest though. I'm not tall and there's no good heighth adj. on the hdrst that suits me. It has enough pickup but has a few shimmies I don't like much , not a smooth ride overall. There also seems to be a little slop in the tranny when changeing from rev. to drive. The body looks great and seems to be put together quite well. Some of the interior gauges, dials, etc... seem overdone or are placed poorly. The bluetooth and voice recognition are "difficult " contrary and I've given up on using the dogone hands free. The little touches that seemed unique to Subaru like the rear seatback protectors and cargo shield are very flimsy so thieir durability will certainly be called into question down the road. Can't complain about the price and really like the flexibility of options.

#4

by Fitz from East Stroudsburg, PA on Mon Feb 18 2013

Although we can't stand our local dealer and actually crossed state lines to look for and purchase our new car, this is our fourth Subaru. We almost bought our third Honda, a CRV from a very reputable local dealer, Ray Price, but when we found we could get a brand new Outback wagon for less than $1,000 more, the choice was clear. Subaru has what we like. It was time to put our second Subaru, a 1996 Legacy Outback, to rest at 258,000 miles and move into the luxury of the 21st century Subaru technology. What a quiet, solid, controled, responsive automobile. And we got to keep the manual transmission, nothin like the response of a stick shift...Plus there's six gears now, more fun!!! So our 2007 Impreza with 180,000 now becomes the old timer. Still, it's got another two, three years on it...four...five...

Most reliable, durable and enjoyable to own.

by Subaru Outback Lover from Olympia, Washington on Mon Jan 21 2013

This is the third Subaru we have owned and the second Outback. I have never worried about where, when or whether I would get to my destination.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13