2013 Outback

2013 Subaru Outback

2013 Subaru Outback

4.5

Have You Driven the 2013 Subaru Outback?

2013 2.5i Limited w/ Eyesight

by PDX RoxyRu from Portland Or on Thu Sep 13 2012

Absolutely love this car! Eyesight is great, especially for my spouse who now has an assistant if I'm getting too close to another car or moving out of our lane. Excellent space for gear in the back and back seats are comfortable for 3 teens or 2 adults. CVT could use more power, however getting 28-30 MPG for an all wheel drive...can't really complain.

great mpg

by Abzats from Houston, TX on Mon Oct 15 2012

Excellent fuel efficiency. After 1 hour of city and highway driving I read on display it could go another 550 miles before tank is empty. Amazing. And it's a decent size, AWD car.

Love the 4 wheel system

by Outdoor Fan from SF Bay Area, CA on Fri Mar 01 2013

I have had two Foresters (2001; 2002) and waited until Subaru came up with a comfortable model with enough to make me trade in. Previous Foresters were great handling, but had some recent mechanical issues-not uncommon-and the 2013 Outback made me decide. The other options (Acura, Lexus) were 12k+ more. I saved that with my selection. It has enough interior room (more than Highlander-which is V-6 and large outside).

Excellent Choice Car

by Bobby from Elk Grove, California on Tue Oct 02 2012

I have always liked to own a outback and after so many years, managed to buy one. In the early 1990's, my company bought me a Subaru Legacy which I drove for 7 years without any problem. I never even had a flat tire. So from then on, I have been a very big Subaru fan. It's a very reliable car to travel in. My family is so happy with Subaru, that my wife also bought a new 2012 Forester. My 2013 Subaru Outback is awesome and the price I paid for it, is great. It's worth the money one pays.

Fully Loaded Outback

by Queen B from Fayetteville, NC on Sun Sep 23 2012

I recently built and recieved my 2013 Outback. The product is excellent and my wife loves her new car. We bought a Limited with: the entertainment package (worth every penny), rear seatback covers (could be more durable), all weather mats (get weathertech if weather doesn't decide your trip), lastly the special apperance package (looks great) Brilliant brown with saddle brown seats. The 4 cylinder has pleanty of power for daily traffic and road trips. The gas mileage is great, much better than my 328i wagon for sure. The interior could be abit simpler but doesn't bother me abit. I love the car and will wish for a minivan from Subaru so I don't have to by a Odyssey. Love the Subaru Outback.......

Best Outback Yet

by ChewinRI from Providence, RI on Fri Jan 11 2013

I have had a new 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/ Special Appearance Package now for a couple of months and so far I am very happy with this vehicle choice. First off, I think it is an awesome looking car, both inside and out. Most people will say the exterior styling is a "love it or hate it" thing, but for a wagon, I think the car looks great. I ordered the Satin White Pearl and it really is a beautiful paint color, especially compared to my older white Subaru Forester's paint. The SAP's Saddle Brown interior is beautiful and a great addition to the Outbacks. The SAP also includes the nice new navigation screen and radio interface, which after a small learning curve is really easy to use and has some nice features. I like the HD radio, the 400Watt Harmon Kardon stereo w/ 7 channel equalizer, and the navigation with voice commands. The bluetooth phone system also works perfectly with my blackberry. Being a Subaru, the car has been great so far in our first major snow here in New England. The fuel economy is okay. Highway mileage is as expected, but the city mileage does drop down quick after lots of stop and go traffic with winter fuel. The car is quiet, sturdy, easy to drive, and has great viability. It won't win any dashes off of the line, but has enough pep to not put you to sleep driving either. And being a Subaru, (my 3rd), I am pretty sure this thing will last a lifetime with minimal work. If there are any complaints, there are two small ones. First, while I love the memory seats that comes with the SAP, i found it took a really long time to get the 10-way seat to a comfortable driving position. Not sure why. The seats have a weird seam right down the middle which took a little getting used to. But now I find the seats plenty comfortable. And lastly, I wish the seat heaters had more than two settings (High & Low) and that they came on faster and got hotter. My old VW had the best heated seats ever! Overall a great family car that I love driving and would recommend to anyone!

My 4th Subaru

by MH Tampa from Tampa, Fl on Fri Jun 13 2014

This is my 4th Subaru Outback (1998, 2001, 2012, then 2013). First thing is if I didn't love Subaru then I wouldn't have bought four of them. That being said I am a little nit picky about the finer details. Had a bluetooth problem with my 2012 and decided to trade it in on a 2013 while they were trying to fix it (for the 3rd time)! I have one huge annoyance with this vehicle. The calculated gas mileage that the computer displays is wrong. Hear me out. So let's say you drive 100 miles then get 4 gallons of gas (100/4) that's 25 mpg, however in this situation the computer might read 26.3 MPG. The exact # is always off by 1-2 mpg and it drives me nuts. I brought this up at the dealer and they were aware of it and said there was nothing they could do. I had the problem on both 2012 and 2013 models. The car is sturdy and handles great. The CVT takes a bit to get used to at slow speeds (i.e decelerating at slow speeds feels like you are going too slow in a manual shift car) , but once you get the feel of the car it's not an issue. When I'm on the highway going like 70 and I want to pass another car I switch to manual and down shift to 4th gear to get some extra power (I have the 4 cylinder version). The vehicle lacks that extra passing power at high speeds in automatic, but if you can handle a down shift and accelerate it's OK. It's actually fun too! I have dogs and the rear seat protectors on the '13 are great as the back of my '12 seats were loaded with dog hair! I will always own a Subaru (I forgave them for the wierd/ freaky/ useless cup holders on the '98). Truly great cars.

Most reliable, durable and enjoyable to own.

by Subaru Outback Lover from Olympia, Washington on Mon Jan 21 2013

This is the third Subaru we have owned and the second Outback. I have never worried about where, when or whether I would get to my destination.

Fun car to drive

by Subaru Newbie from Studio City, CA on Wed Dec 12 2012

I love my new Outback. It is fun to drive, handles great. Pretty good pickup for a 4 cylinder car. I love the styling and its looks. Only thing I am not totally satisfied with is the MPG. I am not getting anywhere near the 26MPG combined city/highway they say it gets. I get more like 22MPG combined.

probably above average

by newbie from viginia on Thu Dec 13 2012

Haven't had it long enough to give a full review but here are a few likes and dislikes. It's a very cofortable car with the 10 way adj. seat. I don't care for the headrest though. I'm not tall and there's no good heighth adj. on the hdrst that suits me. It has enough pickup but has a few shimmies I don't like much , not a smooth ride overall. There also seems to be a little slop in the tranny when changeing from rev. to drive. The body looks great and seems to be put together quite well. Some of the interior gauges, dials, etc... seem overdone or are placed poorly. The bluetooth and voice recognition are "difficult " contrary and I've given up on using the dogone hands free. The little touches that seemed unique to Subaru like the rear seatback protectors and cargo shield are very flimsy so thieir durability will certainly be called into question down the road. Can't complain about the price and really like the flexibility of options.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15