2013 Subaru Outback consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Outback Subaru
Explore the 2013 Subaru Outback
Shop the 2013 Subaru Outback

Sharon and Jim

This is a great car. Rides good and has all the bells and whistles. Clean interior. I especially love the heated seats and outside temperature along with gas mileage shown. Love this car.

4.0

Good overall vehicle

Vehicle meets all of my needs and performs well. Repairs have been reasonable and cost effective. Overall comfort is good and vehicle is good for commuting and family trips.

2.4

Steer away

Bought car used with 70k miles from "reputable" Subaru dealer in Rockland NY. Car burned too much oil and had 3 consumption tests before 88k. Dealer always deemed it acceptable limit. Car was always comfortable and useful but despite meticulous servicing.....had the transmission AND the short block on engine go simultaneously at 155k miles. I've owned over 5 Subarus since 1988...they have consistently gone downhill with catalytic converter problems and now this horrible cvt transmission and garbage engine. Don't fall for the outdoorsy marketing. The AWD system is the best out there but the rest is subpar. Lease for 3 yrs at best and dump it back off on dealer.

Great Car at a Great Value

I bought up from a 2003 Outback 6 cylinder that I put 289,000 miles on and I was not sure how I would like the 4 cylinder, but I actually like it better. Subaru knows how to make an engine!

Long term review, great but some annoyances

Mine is a 3.6r Limited. Overall an excellent car but a few things are annoying. The Eyesight is a great feature, but the annoyance here is that it doesn't work when the weather is truly bad, which is probably when you need it the most, or when you're driving into a sunrise or sunset. Once I didn't tighten the gas cap after filling up, causing the check engine light to come on. That should be expected, but the annoyance here is that it also disables ALL of the car's advanced safety features until you get the check engine light reset. The bluetooth works fine and connects to my phone faultlessly every time, but there is a huge black window that pops up on the screen to tell me that the phone is connected. The timing is such that it always pops up just when I'm about to back out of my driveway over the sidewalk. My driveway has a large tree on one side and bushes on the other, so I need to be able to see if anybody is walking by at the exact time the view from the backup camera gets blacked out. Yes, you can still check the old-fashioned way, but Subaru could have done a bit more fine tuning on the software. I always thought Subarus were supposed to be easy to do routine maintenance by yourself, but replacing a headlight bulb is ridiculously difficult. You have to remove the liner from the wheel well (at least the front part) and reach blindly into the narrow space at the top of the fender to get to the bulb. The 3rd brake light on the rear hatch seems poorly designed and can leak water. I fixed mine by taking it off and applying some silicone caulking. No issues with it since, but I've never had to do anything like that with any other car. Aside from these issues, the car has been comfortable and reliable. The 3.6L engine is smooth and never feels underpowered.

Any of Subaru products our top quality

Great ride plenty of leg room,very comfortable,good on gas ,easy to handle,plenty of zip in traffic,tires in great shape,also brakes handle great,luggage rack a big plus

The Perfect Car for Me

Excellent driving capabilities, very smooth and powerful. Good price for such a great car, will last a very long time and meets all my needs.

My new car

This new car is what I have been looking for. I would say do your research over what you want to buy first. I was very interested in the crosstrek buy I did my research and I bought the outback and I cannot be happier even though I wanted the other car first. Do your research.

Utility and safety without the price tag of “SUV”

We were able to find a 2013 Outback with a manual transmission. This is a great car with flawless AWD system and adequate power. The 6 spd manual makes it a fun drive. We also own a 2015 Outback Limited that we like.

Most upgrades I ever had in a vehicle.

Very nice interior. Comfortable ride. Good electronics. Runs great. Great gas mileage. Very eye appealing. Has lots of leg room with room for stuff in the back.