2014 Subaru Outback consumer reviews

side view of 2014 Outback Subaru
Explore the 2014 Outback Subaru
Shop the 2014 Outback Subaru

Love the car!!!

Ample leg room, comfortable seating, great gas mileage, unobstructed view out the front window that allows you to see a wide view of the road and traffic. Very happy with the car. Thank you, Subaru!

Great Car

We have owned it for about a week. We had a little issue with the sunroof, but Craig and his staff took care of that. Also, the Back Seat Headrests are missing, and they are getting those for us.

So far, excellent!!!

I was looking for something I could depend on for the next 10 years and I think I've purchased it!!! Everything seems to be perfect for what I need!

Very reliable car!

I've had Subaru brand since 1978. All were great cars. I stuck with Outback model as I like the space and AWD. Also had Camry, Mercedes, Corvettes etc so I wasn't just with one manufacturer.

3.3

CVT is a bit funny

Note that this review is primarily for anyone interested in the CVT transmission in this car. We bought this car in 2020 from a private seller for my sister to use to commute to nursing school for her college, and while she's the primary driver of the car I drove it a few times just to see what it's like. I personally wouldn't recommend this car largely on the basis of the CVT. If you really think you're interested in this car for other reasons - for instance, I think it does get pretty good gas mileage, and it certainly is to convenient to have the cargo space and also to have all wheel drive - then you might be able to learn to live with the CVT, and I've actually read some reviews where people said they just learned to adjust to it. With that being said, I find it rather difficult to drive naturally with the CVT. It's very jumpy right off the line, i.e. from a dead stop, but once you pick up some speed it completely goes the opposite direction and is rather gutless if you really need/want to accelerate. I suppose if you are generally a pretty tame driver, it might not be an issue...when the gas pedal is used lightly, it gets itself moving fairly smoothly. With that being said, I think it would be very challenging to use this car in high-traffic areas or in the city - any place where the car needs to respond quickly. It just is lethargic once it's gotten above a few miles per hour. I don't have a lot to offer on other aspects of the car, mostly just wanted to put a little info out there for anyone interested in what the CVT is like. This stuff also might be something that you'd pick up from a simple test drive of the car before buying it...when we were looking at the car, I didn't have the opportunity to test drive it (I've just driven it out of curiousity, after we bought it). The car certainly does have positive aspects to it, and some people might decide they can live with the CVT because of the other positive aspects. Just wanted to throw it out there that the CVT is definitely a much different driving experience.

Exactly what I was looking for

I was looking for a tow car for our motorhome. This one was used and came with tow hardware already installed. It low mileage and in great condition. IT is perfect for our needs.

Most reliable car I owned

Owns the road in Minnesota winters. Pleasure to drive with the all wheel drive. Always safe with the eye sight feature. Subaru makes a superb product.

An Excellent Value

I have owned several Subaru's and they are quality cars especially in winter driving. For reliability Subaru's are hard to beat. Great cars that Subaru owners will attest to. You cannot go wrong with owning one.

Dogs Love Subarus

Excellent so far. Just bought this car used. This is my fifth Subaru. Bought the first one in the late '70s - been driving them ever since.

Very Sweet ride !!

So nice to turn the key and NOT see "service engine soon" light come on!! My old car was nickle and dimming to death . It had to go !!