2015 Outback

2015 Subaru Outback

2015 Subaru Outback

Have You Driven the 2015 Subaru Outback?

Best vehicle we have owned

by Stevebets from Aurora,Co. on Fri Sep 25 2015

We bought the 2015 Outback 3.6 limited to replace a 2011 3.6 , was totaled by a lady who ran a red light, the new one has several improvements , but the blind spot , SRVD system has problems , from the first day at 10 miles it was illuminating " SRVD disabled " did this intermittently, the software update I thought would cure it, at 5109 miles this problem reoccurred while backing out of the garage , dash lite up when a car 50 feet away activated the side view mirrors, some lights on dash remained illuminated for a 4 mile drive and return home, today backed it out to return to the dealer and it was normal , being told it may take several days to calibrate or replace the rear sensors , am sure there are more with same problem

I can see why people swear by Subarus

by Paul from Riverside County, CA on Mon Mar 02 2015

This car is amazing! Love it on the snow, rain and any weather - have never felt safer. Very practical inside and out, we went with the premium model because the limited model had too many things we didn't want (sunroof, leather, power lift gate) and we love it. All of knobs/buttons, levers are all positioned very logically/naturally. Albeit the outback is not feature packed like a lot of other cars you can get, you do get everything you need and then some (back up camera, heated seats, Bluetooth connectivity) My wife and I took it to the snowy mountains (while the snow was falling) and had an amazing time. Didn't have snow chains on (all weather tires) - and I was more in control that most cars on the road with chains on. Car just grips wet, snowy and icy roads like no other. I'm amazed with it - didn't think it was possible. Heater works wonders, visibility is wonderful, I really did feel in control while driving this thing - especially in snow!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great vehicle but disappointing fuel mileage

by RandiRN from southern NJ on Thu Dec 18 2014

I took delivery of my 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I traded in my 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. The Suzuki was just using way too much fuel for my daily round trip commute of 15 miles. I was hoping that the Outback would deliver much better mileage. The Suzuki had a 185hp V-6 and the Subaru has a 175hp 4cyl. Today I filled the fuel tank for the second time since I own the vehicle. In combined city/highway I am only getting about 20mpg. I am hoping that after the engine breaks in it will get better. I have about 400 miles on the vehicle. Needless to say I am disappointed. I will also admit I tend to drive the vehicle hard. I don't abuse it, but I accelerate quickly. I also tend to drive at 70-80 mph on the interstate. I am still not convinced the engine is only a 4cyl. The total impression I have is that this is one terrific vehicle.

Love our 1st Subaru!

by Opinella from Boston, MA on Sat Apr 11 2015

In October 2014 we purchased a 2015 6 cyl. Outback w/Eyesight, Navigation and all the bells and whistles. This was a replacement for a Jeep Grand Cherokee that was totaled months earlier. We live in NH and commute to MA, a 55 mile trip each way. This was the worst winter ever in the Boston area, unprecedented snowfall. This Subaru is awesome! We never got stuck, the vehicle has plenty of power, the Eyesight features, lane departure, and adaptive cruise control are fantastic. The seats are comfortable, the dual heat and vents, defrost are great. Our wipers never iced up, and we love the extra washer nozzle just for the Eyesight camera. The power liftgate is a great feature accessible by the remote or inside the vehicle. The navigation system is very easy to use and the big screen is awesome. Can you tell we LOVE everything about our Subaru?!

My 8th Outback Since 1985

by DurangoTodd from Durango, Colorado on Mon Dec 29 2014

This is my 8th Outback, and I have to say it is by far the nicest, quietest, and smoothest Outback yet! What can I say other than I am sure I will love this car as much as as I have loved my past ones. I do have one major issue with my new 2015 Outback, something that 90% of the owners will never consider, much less utilize. The roof rack on my 2015 Outback is the worst designed rack in the history of mankind. I live in Colorado, and I haul a lot of gear, all the time. From mountain bikes to canoes, to skis, to a Yakima Skybox, I am consWith my new Outback, I am only able to place 2 bikes on the rack, or one bike and a skybox, or one bike and one canoe, or 4 skis alone. My other Outbacks allowed me to put 4 bikes and a skybox at the same time, this car is a huge failure on my beloved Subaru??.. The distance in-between the inside of the rails is just too narrow, and you do not have any options to extend the rails beyond the bulky rail system thus allowing you to add more rail room. My only option is to take my new Outback to a body shop and have them remove the entire railing system, attach mounting points for the base (or feet), and repaint the top of the car. This will cost over $2,000 to convert my Outback from a city car, to a Colorado gear hauler. This is the ONLY complaint I have. I now have over 5,000 miles on my Outback, I drove it from New Jersey (where I purchased it) to Colorado, and it has not missed one beat. I even drove 350 miles on black ice, snow packed roads over 3 passes, and it didn't slip, slide, or give me any problems. The only problem was passing all the "tourist" clogging up the road!

Best Car I have Owned

by SteveR from Rochester, MN on Sat Jun 13 2015

We purchased Outback Limited with Eyesight 10 months ago. The car is very comfortable and handles very well. We test drove nearly every SUV on the market including Acura and other luxury SUVs. While other SUVs have more power, we opted to get significantly better gas mileage. The 4 cylinder has better acceleration that my Acura TLS. The back seats are more comfortable and spacious than any other SUV in its class. The only issue we have had is periodic window noise when driving on the highway and high wind hits the side windows. This is being adjusted to solve the problem. Eyesight works better than any other system we tested. It has saved us from several accidents. We are so happy with the Outback - I just purchased a second!

Rattles, rattles, and more rattles

by BusyMama from Motor City on Sat Dec 20 2014

I've had my 2015 Outback for just over 4 months now. There are several rattles that Subaru can't seem to fix - one of which they don't seem interested in fixing at all (the seatbelt adjusters vibrate no matter what height they are at). I've had the car in 3 times already and will be scheduling yet another appointment ASAP. The car is fairly peppy for being a 4 cyl. Okay space inside but not much in terms of interior storage. Also, only 2 decent sized cup holder if the car has 5 people in it. The door "cup holders" barely get a standard sized disposable water bottle in them. The heated seats are very nice and warm up quickly. I cannot recommend this vehicle until/unless Subaru fixes the rattles. I didn't buy a new car for it to make more sounds than the 10 year old minivan I traded it for made. In fact, right now I really regret trading my old car in for this one.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best car I've owned to date

by Deano from Sioux Falls, SD on Mon Aug 24 2015

Traded in '15 Forester Limited that I put 27,000 miles on which was great car. Did everything it was supposed to & then some. Wanted Eyesight so traded for Outback Limited which is a more comfortable ride & quieter. Forester actually seemed to have more room in back for hauling things & also like the storeage compartments under floor by spare tire with the Forester. Outback seems to get about same mileage as Forester. One gripe: Don't know why they can't spend a couple dollars more to make passenger power seat go up & down as well as back & forth. My wife is short (5' 2") & can't see out too well. Now I have to spend $ at custom shop to have them raise the seat and inch or so. All in all great car & had good buying experience at Subaru in Sioux City, Iowa. Sales person Wanda went out of her way to give service & accomodate.

Impressive Car

by Mr. Practical from Lewisburg, Pa on Sat Nov 15 2014

I purchased the 2.5 Four Cylinder Premium with the eyesight, navigation, and moon roof package. Unfortunately, my outback was one of the units with the defective small triangle window in the front passenger side. The dealership was great and Subaru engineered a fix within in three weeks. They replaced the window last week and the car is incredibly quiet. The ride is very comfortable for an all wheel drive vehicle and the technology is impressive. The mileage has been beyond my expectations and better than the sticker rating. I drove the car on a 140 mile round trip (mostly highway) and got 36 mpg. Additionally, I am averaging 27-28 mpg on my daily 1.5 mile commute to work and I have only put 1,200 miles on the vehicle. This is a lot of car for the money and worth a look for anyone that wants a solid all wheel drive car that does everything as advertised.

Best car I've ever owned.

by Jwep from Jacksonville, fl on Mon Dec 22 2014

Quieter, smoother ride, and better acceleration than my 2010 model. And Eyesight! All you have to do is steer the dang thing. Remarkably easy to drive! Also has the blind spot detection system which is excellent. Only bad thing is the glove box is a little smaller. Had to throw away a bunch of ketchup packets.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2015 Subaru Outback

The 2015 Subaru Outback is a capable hauler, and where previous versions lagged with droning highway manners, a utilitarian interior and cramped interior space, this version improves on — if not solves — those shortcomings.

The Subaru Outback holds a unique position in the market. It's body type is arguably a high-riding station wagon, but it handles off-road driving better than some SUVs. It's one of the more expensive vehicles Subaru makes, but some of its charm lies in its function-over-form, non-luxury styling. It also has a loyal buying base, so any changes have to walk a fine line, lest Subaru upsets the faithful.

The highlights of the 2015 redesign include updated exterior styling... Read More