2000 4Runner

2000 Toyota 4Runner

$78 - $14,266  MSRP Range
2000 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2000 Toyota 4Runner?

4Runner is a Dream

by SUV Expert from North Jersey on Wed May 30 2012

The 2000 4runner limited was my 3rd 4runner and it was AWESOME. I would put the quality and longevity of the vehicle against any top manufacturer out there and had to move so I got rid of it, but missing it a lot. It is so multi-dimensional --- great for running errands, going on long trips, shopping, tailgating, and going to the beach. 4runner also is the only SUV on the market that I have found with an electric back window, which makes air flow so enjoyable with the windows down. If you are looking for a used SUV, this is DEFINITELY the way to go.

Best vehicle EVER!!

by 4RUNNER Enthusiast MANUAL only!!! from Dallas, TX on Tue May 08 2012

I bought my 2000 4RUNNER SR5 4WD manual 5SPD in 2004 with 56K miles, and we have put 200K on this car since then, with only minor maintenance. I CANNOT BELIEVE this vehicle still runs as well as it does, it is THE MOST RELIABLE vehicle I have EVER owned, or heard of for that matter! We use our 4RUNNER for hauling set-up for our small business, towing a bass boat, off-roading around our property in the country, commuting to Dallas (we're about an hour north of there), and general running around. This is the only 4 wheel vehicle we own, and we NEVER worry about its reliability. We are a young family with 2 car seats and a dog and never have problems fitting everything in. We've even unfortunately been in three front-end collisions (NONE our fault, Dallas has notoriously BAD drivers) with this vehicle, and no-one was injured. Had it repaired, and it still runs as well as when we first got it. This is not a 'mush' mobile nor a soccer-mom car, it is definitely a work TRUCK that happens to have interior room. The suspension is stiff, but you need this if you are using the truck for what it was meant for. SO GLAD WE HAVE THE MANUAL - I personally wouldn't purchase a car if it wasn't manual transmission. I WISH they still made them like this, I recently drove a newer model 4RUNNER -no manual available anymore :-( and they are nothing like they used to be! I just hope mine keeps holding up, but if past performance has anything to do with future, I have absolutely nothing to worry about (except acts of nature, so I pray "God, please protect my 4RUNNER!")

3rd Generation 4runner or Bust

by Ike90 from Redding,CA on Fri Feb 01 2013

I purchased a used 2000 4runner SR5 4x4 at the end of my college career as a replacement for my Honda civic. I have owned and driven a lot of vehicles in my life, but none could replace my 4runner. If I could only own one car it would be my 3rd gen 4runner. While other cars are fun and maybe more comfortable, the 4runner is versatile and worry free. I know it will get me where I am going and back again without trouble. Maintenance has been cheap and easy. To this day I still use it as my everyday commuter and weekend warrior. Over the years I have given it a 3’ suspension lift that was a great bang for the buck. With the extensive ownership there are countless trouble shooting and modification write-ups out there to make your 4runner unique and personal. My only complaints are the size of the gas tank (only around 15 gallons) and the ride comfort on extremely long trips (5+ hours). I can’t think of a better car or even model of the 4runner than the 3rd gen!

Best SUV for you money

by Joe's mommy from Wilmington, DE on Sat Nov 22 2008

I bought this car 5 yrs ago USED, and I haven't had 1 issue yet. Keep the oil changed, tires rotated, and this car will take care of you. Seats fold down so you can use as a truck for home projects or as a family car. I still get compliments on how well it rides and looks. My only complaint is that it is NOT a comfortable ride for long distance trips, so this would NOT be a good choice for a family trip more than 2 hours. Seats are not cushiony enough for back support, etc.

Car never fails to start...ever!

by Dillon from Atlanta, GA on Thu Apr 27 2017

My car has over 400,000 miles and runs like new! This truck was made to run forever! It has never had a problem starting up.

Best SUV Ive ever owned

by Toyota Guy from Rochester NY on Fri Feb 05 2010

I bought this truck used in September09. 122,000 miles on it and it runs like new! Love driving. Hope it lasts forever. Gas tank is a little small though. Lots of stops at the gas station.

Easiest to Maintain

by Jackhayes76 from Saint Augustine Fl on Tue May 29 2018

Great car. Repair costs are cheap and it rarely has any issues. Very well made. Bought mine with 289k miles and still runs perfect. Theses things are known to go near 400k miles. Great starter car, or awesome for long road trips l. Definitely worth the cost.

Great All Around

by adkinsadam1 from on Sat Mar 22 2014

The 3rd generation 4runner is a fantastic vehicle all around. It is a wonder off road, and has been very reliable. I've never had a car I trust more. I have confidence and have talked to people that have 300,000+ miles on their car, and I know a guy that has over 700,000. This is the kind of car that just goes forever and will take you anywhere you want to go. I love it!

200,000 miles and still running fine.

by Mikecanfixit from Tallahassee, Florida on Mon Jun 26 2017

This Toyota 4runner SR5 has been a great vehicle. It has 200,000 miles and still going strong. I've towed a U-hall trailer to Colorado through the Rockies, Boats to the coast and small trailer to North Carolina. I carry a lot of tools with me and work out of my truck almost always. I have only had one problem with the transmission (which I created) and had it replaced with a 500 dollar used transmission which is working well. I purchased it as an off lease car with 74,000 miles so don't be afraid to purchase a high mileage 4Runner. The interior has leather seats which have held up very well and the AC is great, no problems with any electrical systems. All and all it's a great vehicle.

Original owner update

by GARYHEAR from San Antonio, TX on Mon Apr 10 2017

I put the first mile on this SUV and it now has 205,000 miles. This thing is wonderful and absolutely trouble free. I did replace the drivers side seat cover for cosmetic reasons however this is a wonderful vehicle. I do however keep up with the service maintenance schedule and I fully expect this to run to 400,000 miles. THIS is a keeper !

1 2 3 4 5