4Runner is a Dream

by from North Jersey on May 30, 2012

The 2000 4runner limited was my 3rd 4runner and it was AWESOME. I would put the quality and longevity of the vehicle against any top manufacturer out there and had to move so I got rid of it, but missing it a lot. It is so multi-dimensional --- great for running errands, going on long trips, shopping, tailgating, and going to the beach. 4runner also is the only SUV on the market that I have found with an electric back window, which makes air flow so enjoyable with the windows down. If you are looking for a used SUV, this is DEFINITELY the way to go.

Sweet comfortable ride

by from Los Angeles, CA on February 22, 2011

This is one sweet ride and its not HUGE! like all the SUV's u see on the road that look like boats! taking up space lol. V6 for cruising the town, body style is sweet! 4x4 is nice for the mountains. Handles like a charm with my new 16" BF all terrains and Summit Nomad rims. I get tons! of compliments. This site was VERY helpful and when I met the dealer, it was a goo! right from the start. Drove it home that same day. Downfalls: It lacks the overall power of a V8 if your looking for power. I wasn't :P I also have old school mustang, soo I get all the power I need haha.

It's a Toyota. Nuf said.

by from San Luis Obispo, CA on August 13, 2006

I use this car mostly to commute from home to school, or from home to the surf. Let me tell you, I love Toyota 4Runners. They are soooo intuitive with their design. Everything fits in place naturally, tons of cargo room, seats fold down, sexy exterior. I have NEVER had a single engine, electrical, or operating problem with this car, and I bought it at 106,000 miles and it now has 125,000. Still going strong! Gotta love these things. Unfortunately, Toyota totally redesigned the car after making this model, and now they look terrible (in my opinion). Too boxy and way to expensive.

Best vehicle EVER!!

by from Dallas, TX on May 8, 2012

I bought my 2000 4RUNNER SR5 4WD manual 5SPD in 2004 with 56K miles, and we have put 200K on this car since then, with only minor maintenance. I CANNOT BELIEVE this vehicle still runs as well as it does, it is THE MOST RELIABLE vehicle I have EVER owned, or heard of for that matter! We use our 4RUNNER for hauling set-up for our small business, towing a bass boat, off-roading around our property in the country, commuting to Dallas (we're about an hour north of there), and general running around. This is the only 4 wheel vehicle we own, and we NEVER worry about its reliability. We are a young family with 2 car seats and a dog and never have problems fitting everything in. We've even unfortunately been in three front-end collisions (NONE our fault, Dallas has notoriously BAD drivers) with this vehicle, and no-one was injured. Had it repaired, and it still runs as well as when we first got it. This is not a 'mush' mobile nor a soccer-mom car, it is definitely a work TRUCK that happens to have interior room. The suspension is stiff, but you need this if you are using the truck for what it was meant for. SO GLAD WE HAVE THE MANUAL - I personally wouldn't purchase a car if it wasn't manual transmission. I WISH they still made them like this, I recently drove a newer model 4RUNNER -no manual available anymore :-( and they are nothing like they used to be! I just hope mine keeps holding up, but if past performance has anything to do with future, I have absolutely nothing to worry about (except acts of nature, so I pray "God, please protect my 4RUNNER!")

3rd Generation 4runner or Bust

by from Redding,CA on February 1, 2013

I purchased a used 2000 4runner SR5 4x4 at the end of my college career as a replacement for my Honda civic. I have owned and driven a lot of vehicles in my life, but none could replace my 4runner. If I could only own one car it would be my 3rd gen 4runner. While other cars are fun and maybe more comfortable, the 4runner is versatile and worry free. I know it will get me where I am going and back again without trouble. Maintenance has been cheap and easy. To this day I still use it as my everyday commuter and weekend warrior. Over the years I have given it a 3” suspension lift that was a great bang for the buck. With the extensive ownership there are countless trouble shooting and modification write-ups out there to make your 4runner unique and personal. My only complaints are the size of the gas tank (only around 15 gallons) and the ride comfort on extremely long trips (5+ hours). I can’t think of a better car or even model of the 4runner than the 3rd gen!

Best SUV Ive ever owned

by from Rochester NY on February 5, 2010

I bought this truck used in September09. 122,000 miles on it and it runs like new! Love driving. Hope it lasts forever. Gas tank is a little small though. Lots of stops at the gas station.

good value

by from TN on January 3, 2007

have not compared too many vehicles in this class, but this is a great SUV! I have not seen another vehicle that would compare in any class period for the overall value for basic transportation for the average family man.

2000 4-Runner Limited

by from Lancaster, SC on August 25, 2009

I have owned several other SUV's and the 4-runner has them all beat. I usually trade every 3 years but I still love my 2000 4-runner and when I do get another vehicle it will probably be a 4-runner!

Best SUV for you money

by from Wilmington, DE on November 22, 2008

I bought this car 5 yrs ago USED, and I haven't had 1 issue yet. Keep the oil changed, tires rotated, and this car will take care of you. Seats fold down so you can use as a truck for home projects or as a family car. I still get compliments on how well it rides and looks. My only complaint is that it is NOT a comfortable ride for long distance trips, so this would NOT be a good choice for a family trip more than 2 hours. Seats are not cushiony enough for back support, etc.

2000 4RUNNER

by from VIRGINIA BEACH, VA on April 20, 2012

SECOND 2000 TOYOTA 4RUNNER I'VE OWN. THIS CAR ITS EXTREMELY RELIABLE AND LOW MAINTANANCE. NO DISSAPOINTMENTS THERE.

Similar Models