2018 4Runner

4.8 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

WILL NEVER OWN ANYTHING BUT A 4 RUNNER

by Dixiemama72 from North Sioux City, South Dakota on November 21, 2017

We have owned 7 toyotas, 5 of which were 4 runners. (some leased) 2 tacomas we are in love with the toyota 4 runner, its a work horse. our 2006 had 183k on it and still ran well, our 2008 had 133k at time of trade and I am almost jealous of who gets that truck now that we traded her for our 2018 just 2 days ago.

Such an easy purchase decision

by Single Dad Who Likes To Get Outdoors from San Luis Obispo, CA on November 12, 2017

Starting with comfort. I have the cloth seats and they are soft. Plenty of room in the front with just enough in the back. I did not go with third row but I imagine that would be uncomfortable. I enjoy the feel of the vehicle. Performance. The vehicle does everything I would expect, it just gets bad gas mileage. I expected at least 20 to 25 and I average just over 15 hence 4 stars. I still feel like I should give it a 3 there. I understand it is off road but my old 4 door 4wd truck gets better gas mileage. I have the TRD Off Road version and it handles everything I have taken it through with ease. I have yet to use the A-track features but soon enough I will test them out. I think they are a cool feature but not necessary. That is of course unless you off road often. (I plan on it) Exterior The exterior has caught my attention for the last couple years and was a big factor with my purchase. Just looks solid and has a lot of character in the front end. I can not wait to add on more off road modifications. Interior. Everything looks great and works well. Cup holders are in weird spots but what do you expect with a lever 4wd. Solid. The materials used are rugged and comfortable. So much space in the back storage area and I use the stock power outlet to power a mini vac for quick and easy clean up. The stereo sound is impressive and as always the interface can be annoying. One day I hope we can choose between android or apple. Rather than these random interfaces each company tries to recreate. One last thing is the steering wheel has plastic that goes all the way down to where you would put your hands. This can get slippery and I would rather have leather all the way around, not a deal breaker but not functional. Value for the money Excellent. This vehicle will hold its value and has a strong following and history people can depend on. Reliability Again excellent! Comes with Toyota Care which is free service upto 25000 or 2 years so just go in every 4 months whether you need to or not. It is a 4Runner and just mentioning the name oozes reliability. Overall it is an excellent tool and vehicle. I give it 5 stars and as long as you are ok with 15 mpg I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a rugged 4wd family cruiser.

Best trade I ever made

by djt384 from Putnam Valley, NY on June 7, 2018

I traded in my Nissan Xterra which was my FAVORITE car ever. I had to get something bigger because our family was growing. The 4Runner had additional space and the design is incredible. The 4Runner is actually a more capable vehicle off-road, safer on road, and better gas mileage. I don't know if I can ever get rid of this car!

Smoothest 4X4 I have owned

by JFM 4x4Enthusiast from Portland Oregon on January 23, 2018

The 2018 4Runner SR5 Premium, is an extremely versatile and pleasant vehicle to drive. The ride is very nice for a full size sport utility vehicle. I have driven much worse in this group, and only a couple that are nicer. The premium offers the Entune sound system with integrated navigation, and many apps for your convenience. The leather seats are heated in the seat and lower lumbar areas, but only in the front. We opted for the fold flat soft Tex third row seating, which are amazingly comfortable for the usually cramped and miserably uncomfortable positions. The key to their comfort is the fully adjustable and sliding second row of seats. This is an amazing component on the third row seat option that truly makes them average size adult capable. The four wheel drive components are typical of Toyota, and work flawlessly, and are aided by electronic actuated traction assist, traction control on/off buttons and decline traction assist. Each does exactly what Toyota claims. From the nicely laid out driver appointments to the on the fly 2wd to 4wd control knob, everything is in reach. We love the privacy window tinting that is part of the SR5 Premium package. Overall we love the vehicle.

Toyota is consistently at the top for reliability

by Addysmom from Hagerstown, MD on April 29, 2018

My 4Runner has the 4.0 liter V6 and while it isn’t the fastest SUV, it is reliable and fun to drive. It has plenty of room and is easy to modify for looks and performance. One of the best features is the back window and the fact that it goes all the way down. There isn’t a ton of road noise, even with oversized tires.

Most reliable car I've owned

by Gunnuh from Clovis on May 9, 2018

This car is beautiful and perfect in almost every way. The only teason it isnt 100 for me is because i have 5 big kids and altough we do fit in it the 3rd row is very small. I would also like the navigation screen to ne bigger.

Does it all well and with character

by KjTaylor from Boise, ID on February 17, 2018

Have long wanted a 4Runner. Finally got it, and couldn’t be happier. Comfortable, right amount of room, right feature set for internal tech, super 4WD functionality. Many inexpensive upgrades are available to”make it yours” through the dealer and aftermarket. Only lacking a bit of hp and to, which can be remedied by aftermarket CAI and high flow exhaust or even more by adding . . . The new available Magnuson Supercharger. Better styling than anything in its class. Love the red! Sales, accessories, service, and parts crew rock!

Fun to drive and a head turner

by Derek Miller from Thornton, Co on April 28, 2018

My 4runner has great interior space and is very comfortable to drive. Pretty good gas mileage for being an SUV. Great sound system and has Bluetooth to play your music without wires

Absolutely love it

by Love the yota from Fayetteville,AR on May 26, 2018

TRD Premium: off road capabilities are un rivaled by any stock vehicle I've owned. Had a wrangler that was decent off road but the TRD goes places the Jeep could have only dreamed of. Comfortable on road trips and around town.

4 Runner is the best vehice out there.

by Bev from Mpls, MN on July 25, 2018

My favorite vehicle, I owned a 4 runner before and it was mtce free. I had 167,000 miles when I traded it. I am sure it would of gone at least another 100,000. I would not buy anything but a 4 runner.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15