2007 Avalon

2007 Toyota Avalon

2007 Toyota Avalon

4.5

Have you driven the 2007 Toyota Avalon?

Best Car I have ever had

by Toyota Lover from Oklahoma City, OK on Wed Oct 05 2011

I have owned my Avalon for three years now. I use it as my commuter car when driving to location. I put approx 2500 to 3000 miles per month on my Avalon. I have NEVER had any problem with my car, and have just over 138K on it now. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. Being that I am only 32 years old, I was shocked to find out that this is considered a retirement car. It is fast, fun, comfortable, has good lines, has room for the entire family, and I can drive around Executives in style. I plan on putting at least 300K on this car before I trade it in on a new one. No hesitation, hands down, the best most well rounded car I have ever driven.

almost perfect car

by buckeyebob from Westerville,Ohio on Fri Feb 25 2011

I have owned 3 Avolons over the years and love 99% of the car in all aspects. One small problem with my 2007 XLS and thats stopping the car. This car is built on a GS430 FRAME . The brakes are not ''big'' enough to stop this car for the size and weight. You have to put some extra effort on the brake petel to stop this car.

Impressive

by 1st Time Toyota Owner from MidWest on Fri Feb 20 2009

First time ever owning a car not made by the big 3. I'm very impressed. Quality, Ride, Dealership, value and Mileage all surpass any American Car I have owned in many years. Never thought I would own a car from a Non American Car Company, but I'm glad I own this car.

Met expectations but?

by denver88 from denver, co on Sun Aug 26 2012

Bought my first used csr in 25 years, wanted an Avalon, the car interior design is mostly much above average, the placement of the cigarette lighters used for powering devices is a bit awkward, could use one for back seat, this is the limited edition so many upgrades, irritating humm in transmission, engine has good power and shifting is clean, get a low mileage car, get it toyota certified to 100,000 and drive worry free, the paint appears to chip easily, overall very pleased with this car

Great road car

by Toyota enthusiast from Fair Oaks, CA (Sacramento) on Thu Nov 15 2007

What I like: 1) Transmission - the +/- manual/automatic is a great design. There's always the right gear for every situation, passing, mountain roads, open highway, etc. 2) Handling: great on the open road, a luxury ride, plus it handles great on curvy mountain roads - good control and cornering. Better ride than my 01 Avalon, which is still pretty good. 3) Interior: spacious and comfortable. Great rear seats. 4) Excellent milage for a car this size, 25 to 31mpg depending. 5) Power driver seat is very well designed. What I did not like: 1) No key entry on trunk lid. What if you have a dead battery? Is there a way to open the trunk to get your jumper cables, etc.? I don't understand the design idea behind eliminating the trunk key lock. Somebody please enlighten me on this. Can a key lock be retrofitted? I'd pay for it if I had to. 2) the odometers are in an odd place and too small. 3) the 'surround sound' feature is hard to find, requiring about 6 pushes of the right radio button. The surround sound is great on CD or FM, but it makes AM sound like it's coming from a rain barrel. 4) If you're a smoker, there's no ashtray or cigarette lighter. An intentional ommision, I'm told by my dealer. No problem for me. 5) After the first 2600 miles the oil was dirty. Can't wait until 5000 to change it. My 01 Avalon never has dirty oil, even after 124K miles. Am in communication with dealer on this oil situation. 6) Why did they eliminate the two function visors, like the ones on the 01 Avalon? Kind of miss the ability to screen both front and side windows at the same time. In summary, no car is perfect, but this one is right up there with the best on the road. The trunk key lock ommission remains the biggest puzzle for me, however.

spacious family car

by Toyota Tony from Des Moines, Ia on Mon May 07 2012

Fantastic car, like a Lexus with Lexus like features, the laser cruise control doesn't work in direct sun light and thats the only cruise control the car has, but when it works out of the sun light it works nicely, but do not think it is very economical in or around traffic. Bought an 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited which is what i recommend especially if you don't want to pay for a Lexus

Best car ever

by Steve from on Sat Aug 17 2013

I bought a 2007 Avalon for my wife in 2009 and we still have it. This car is awesome for us. It may lack Aux input and it does have a cassette tape player, but other than that it is the same as a 2013 model. I did a side by side comparison with the 2013 model and it came out ahead of the 2013 in many categories. This car rides like it is on a cloud and the stereo is awesome. This car does not have a sports car ride as far as handling (not stiff), but the comfort is unmatched even in more pricier cars. This is the most comfortable car we have ever had and look forward to many more payment free years with it.

cars.com

by supercome from on Wed Mar 03 2010

great car for the money. exceptional value, great handling. i have owned one for six yrars trouble free

Great Value

by Gary from Georgia on Mon Oct 12 2015

Often called the poor man's Lexus (built on Lexus frame), this has been an outstanding road car for us. Enough engine to get you out of trouble 60-80 in a hurry. Plenty of room for 5 adults with leg room in front and rear. Other than routine maintenance, spent nothing on this vehicle. The only thing missing would be today's technology of Bluetooth, Home Link and upgraded navigation.

Everything I expected

by joey158 from Bowie, MD on Wed Jul 13 2011

2 friends each had one. Liked what I saw and felt. My Lincoln LS was far too expensive to maintain any longer. No brainer, really! Recommend highly.

1 2 3 4 5 6