Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 Corolla

2004 Toyota Corolla

2004 Toyota Corolla

4.5

Have You Driven the 2004 Toyota Corolla?

Decent Car for Cheap

by ConservativeCarMan from Seattle,WA on Tue May 06 2008

This car is uncomfortable to drive for extended periods of time. Fuel Economy is great, I average about 35mpg mixed driving and up to 41mpg if I really think about what I am doing. Handling isn't that great the body really rolls. The engine is ok performance wise for a 4 cylinder but the low end torque is ridiculous, a little bit of rain which is common in Washington and it is spinning the tires which for some people might be cool but its more annoying than cool. Exterior is actually quite nice. Its been very reliable like most Toyota's tend to be. For not being a fan of Toyota's its a pretty good vehicle, they just need to work on their comfort to make it better around town.

Fantastic car

by Daniel the Black from Green Bay, WI on Tue Sep 28 2010

First of all, the gas mileage is amazing. I'm averaging roughly 35 miles per gallon (about 400 miles, give or take, on about every 11 gallons) The front area is pretty comfortable. The back seat seems like it offers minimal leg room, as has been previously mentioned numerous times. I'm not really bothered by that though, since I drive the car. I've found that the gas and brake pedals are a little bit more sensitive than what I'm used to, but that's probably because I'm generally used to driving bigger cars. As time has passed, I've found that I'm getting used to them. Although, from time to time the car jumps and jerks a little on me. Overall, I'm exceptionally satisfied with the car.

Still Going Strong! Corolla LE Automatic

by yogi1ab from Portland, OR on Mon May 13 2013

The Loves: Very close to 40 MPG highway; good conformable ergonomics (adjustable driver seat height); controls are cleanly designed and easy to read at a glance; roomy and comfy back seats; classy styling all around. Have had no malfunctions on this car to date. Easy to maintain with oil changes, tires, fluids, belts, etc. The Boos: The compartment for the engine's air filter is poorly designed and doesn't seem to want to close correctly/securely after replacing the filter -if not closed tightly, you could get bad crud all up in your engine which could damage and greatly reduce its lifespan! The plastic headlights started turning that that ugly milky translucent a few years ago. But the back tail light lenses still look brand new still, go figure! Overall, this has been a great, worry-free, reliable car. Can't believe it is almost 10 years old! Still drives like a dream.

Best car I've ever bought.

by Love my toyota from philadelphia,pa. on Tue Nov 09 2010

This car has been so good to us,I love it and it will be my next car. I love it I have bought about five cars three was new,two used,this 2004 toyota is the best.

Very economical and reliable car.

by davesal2811 from Melbourne, FL on Fri Jul 14 2017

The car meets my basic needs. It is a bit old but is very efficient. The car has never had any problems since I have owned it.

Best reliable car our family has owned

by Toyota Corolla owner from Washington County, Rhode Island on Fri Apr 12 2013

Toyota Corolla LE is a dependable commuter sedan! GREAT on gas mileage, low maintainence, no worries, trouble free. Very Easy to drive a 5 speed manual on highway. Would even recommend the Corolla for a teenager in high school or college or one who travels many miles a day!. 100% RELIABLE!

The Car Everyone Should Own

by Toyota Gal from Suffolk, VA on Sun Dec 23 2012

I love my 2004 Corolla. It is economical, dependable, had very low mileage and in excellent condition.

Best car I've ever owned - 2004 Corolla LE

by TC Fan from Cleveland, Ohio on Fri Dec 12 2014

I bought this car, new, in July 2003. After 11 years and 180,000-plus miles it still runs and drives as well as the day I drove it off the lot! It has a "J" VIN number (meaning it was built in Japan) so I don't know if that make a difference or not when compared to US built models. There have been a few costly maintenance items in the last 11 years, however: 100,000 miles - the catalytic converter went out and I had to replace it for about $1,500.00. 130,000 miles - a fuel injector got plugged-up after I used a fuel injector cleaner, so that injector was replaced for about $450.00 (that was probably just bad luck). 145,000 miles - The air conditioner compressor died but I opted not to replace it since that would have cost about $1,000.00 and I figured the car wouldn't be around that much longer (I was wrong about that as this car just keeps going). At the same time, an engine coolant return line was replaced for $150.00 and front and back wheel bearing were replaced for about $800.00 . Other than that, the only other maintenance needed has been tires, brakes and oil changes, obviously. - All the prices referenced were dealer maintenance prices. All told, the car has been excellent. It is reasonably roomy for a smaller car and the ride is pretty decent. It drives surprisingly well in winter snows and gets about 33mpg in combined driving conditions. Consumer Reports magazine rated this car 4 1/2 to 5 stars for safety the year I bought it ( I bought the LE model with anti-lock brakes) so that is pretty important to note as well.

Most Valuable Car

by Silpi from westlake,ohio on Fri Jun 29 2018

This vehicle meets my need . It has plenty room for legs and music system also good . It's brakes also working very well .

Awesome Car!

by Bridzerm246 from Rochester, Ny on Sat May 14 2011

I bought this car because I need some good mpg's as the price of gas is over 4$ a gallon. I did not expect 40mpg's! It handles amazing! It's a real fun car to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7