2004 Toyota Corolla

Most reliable car I've ever owned!

by from Richmond, VA on July 2, 2012

I purchased my 2004 Toyota Corolla new. It now has almost 200,000 miles on it and all I've ever had to do is oil changes (I do them every 3000 miles as I do a lot of driving), one set of brake shoes, one battery, replaced one headlight and, of course, tires. The clock did stop working a few years ago, but it wasn't worth spending $300 to replace it, so I just use my watch. I get great gas mileage - 38 combined - which is wonderful as I drive 100 miles every day to work and back. I will certainly look at the new models before purchasing anything else, as I have faith in the Corolla.

Reliable car

by from Boston, MA on January 13, 2014

Bought new in 2003 and still going strong at 130k miles. Burns no oil, no leak what so ever. Never had any major issues. Replaced O2 sensor, one of the front bearings, water pump - I think that's all except tires, breaks, spark plugs etc. Only complaint would be the engine vibration felt on the steering wheel. Seems like I will drive this car 10+ more years (unless I want to buy a new one)

Love My 2004 Corolla

by from Long Beach, CA on December 24, 2010

Worry Free as they come. She asks so little and gives so much. I am original owner and already put 120,000 miles on it. It is small enough to pull into tight spots and sexy enough that I smile every time I walk up to it and think... "That's my car." I wasnt to be one of those owners who is still driving her baby after 240,000 miles. OH WHAT A FEELING!!! ps This is a big difference from American cars I have owned in the past...Chevys, Fords, Dodges... all of em that need new transmissions around 70,000 miles.

Fantastic car

by from Green Bay, WI on September 28, 2010

First of all, the gas mileage is amazing. I'm averaging roughly 35 miles per gallon (about 400 miles, give or take, on about every 11 gallons) The front area is pretty comfortable. The back seat seems like it offers minimal leg room, as has been previously mentioned numerous times. I'm not really bothered by that though, since I drive the car. I've found that the gas and brake pedals are a little bit more sensitive than what I'm used to, but that's probably because I'm generally used to driving bigger cars. As time has passed, I've found that I'm getting used to them. Although, from time to time the car jumps and jerks a little on me. Overall, I'm exceptionally satisfied with the car.

Decent Car for Cheap

by from Seattle,WA on May 6, 2008

This car is uncomfortable to drive for extended periods of time. Fuel Economy is great, I average about 35mpg mixed driving and up to 41mpg if I really think about what I am doing. Handling isn't that great the body really rolls. The engine is ok performance wise for a 4 cylinder but the low end torque is ridiculous, a little bit of rain which is common in Washington and it is spinning the tires which for some people might be cool but its more annoying than cool. Exterior is actually quite nice. Its been very reliable like most Toyota's tend to be. For not being a fan of Toyota's its a pretty good vehicle, they just need to work on their comfort to make it better around town.

The Car Everyone Should Own

by from Suffolk, VA on December 23, 2012

I love my 2004 Corolla. It is economical, dependable, had very low mileage and in excellent condition.

Best reliable car our family has owned

by from Washington County, Rhode Island on April 12, 2013

Toyota Corolla LE is a dependable commuter sedan! GREAT on gas mileage, low maintainence, no worries, trouble free. Very Easy to drive a 5 speed manual on highway. Would even recommend the Corolla for a teenager in high school or college or one who travels many miles a day!. 100% RELIABLE!

Still Going Strong! Corolla LE Automatic

by from Portland, OR on May 13, 2013

The Loves: Very close to 40 MPG highway; good conformable ergonomics (adjustable driver seat height); controls are cleanly designed and easy to read at a glance; roomy and comfy back seats; classy styling all around. Have had no malfunctions on this car to date. Easy to maintain with oil changes, tires, fluids, belts, etc. The Boos: The compartment for the engine's air filter is poorly designed and doesn't seem to want to close correctly/securely after replacing the filter -if not closed tightly, you could get bad crud all up in your engine which could damage and greatly reduce its lifespan! The plastic headlights started turning that that ugly milky translucent a few years ago. But the back tail light lenses still look brand new still, go figure! Overall, this has been a great, worry-free, reliable car. Can't believe it is almost 10 years old! Still drives like a dream.

Best car I've ever bought.

by from philadelphia,pa. on November 9, 2010

This car has been so good to us,I love it and it will be my next car. I love it I have bought about five cars three was new,two used,this 2004 toyota is the best.

I've owned this car

by from Las Vegas on February 28, 2012

very good , strong car !Very reliable, did not need anything other than gas, insurance, and oil change service time in 3000 mils.

Similar Models