2009 Toyota Corolla

2009 Corolla S 5-Speed - Fantastic car!

by from Vancouver, WA on May 21, 2010

I've owned my Corolla S now for 1.5 years & have 14k miles on it. It has performed wonderfully & has been completely trouble free. I have the 1.8L engine & with the manual 5-speed it has plenty of get-up-and-go while delivering 35mpg in mixed city/hwy driving. I love the new body style & it was the first reason I wanted this car. In typical Toyota fashion, it has performed well & been trouble free, a great value in any way you look at it.

09 Corolla

by from europe on March 30, 2010

I have an 09 Corolla XRS, moved to europe bout a year ago and needed to get rid of a full size truck for something small and good on gas. Thats exactly what this car is, a great commuter car. It does good driving at high speeds on the auto bahn, it also does well at lower speeds on hilly roads with windy turns. Does it drive like a sports car, no. But thats not what its built for. The XRS model comes with a 2.4 and gives it a little more power than the 1.8, also adds some nice features such as power everything, leather heated seats, 6 disc 8 spkr stereo, blue tooth etc. Even with the 2.4 it gets around 28 MPG city/30 Hgwy. Controls inside are large and easy to use, styling outside is decent. I drove a civic and a jetta prior to buying, civic didnt feel as roomy and didnt like the interrior, jetta was nice but 5K more. Its a great little car for the money. Would definitely recomend it.

Great Car

by from Sacramento, CA on April 28, 2011

Purchased 2009 Corolla as a replacement car for a Ciivc that was totalled in an accident. The Corolla has a very nice ride and is roomy for me. I am 5ft 10 in tall and have no problem with head room. The gas mileage is excellent and the handling is very good. Not sporty like the Civic I had but much smoother ride. Fit and finish is excellent even with the amount of plastic used. There has not been much I have had to do to the car except change oil and keep the tires inflated.

good deal for the money

by from Annapolis, Maryland on October 14, 2010

OK styling, fair exceleration, good handling, excellent reliability, user friendly controls and very comfortable for a small car. Definately worth the money.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from 06385 on February 15, 2011

Good on gas!!! Great on milage. I would recommend this car to everyone. I like to travel a lot and this car fits perfect for me.

Most Reliable car

by from Bellevue on July 12, 2011

Toyota Corolla is the best car when it comes to reliability / value for money. I have had three corollas till date and all of them were great. My comments are not based on one test drive but based on my relationship with the car for 4 years and 50K miles.

Hands Down Best Car I've Owned

by from Nashville, Indiana on May 15, 2017

Bought this car new in 2009, have driven it from coast to coast, on highways, back roads, miles and miles of rough gravel, across creeks, and basically put the thing through more than it was ever built for. Packed it full of my stuff and moved from Indiana to Wisconsin, then back again. Still make that road trip about once a month with it. This car has well over 200,000 miles later it's still running like new.

corolla

by from on November 14, 2011

I have had this car for over a year, and I enjoyed driving it. I would recommend it to everybody, i'm sure you will love it

Terrible Air Vent issue

by from Calgary AB on October 8, 2009

Purchased 6 months ago. After 3 months, the air vent started emitting foul smell whenever not on air conditioner. Brought in to dealership for service. Filter get replaced but foul smell continue, this time when using air conditioning. Brought in once again shortly after and this time they fume the whole car. Great- the foul smell is gone but it's been one week now and the car constantly smell like toxic gas chamber when air vent is on (no matter air conditioner or heating)..

Car Ok - Driving was better with 2008

by from LA, Calf on February 16, 2009

Someone must have put the clock in after they completed the design. The new electrical power steering is hard to get use too. Mine wonders all over the road.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Toyota Corolla