Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Highlander

2014 Toyota Highlander

2014 Toyota Highlander

Have You Driven the 2014 Toyota Highlander?

Loving it

by Farkhod from New York, NY on Thu Jan 07 2016

Bought it in April 2014 and don't regret a cent I spent on it. Great car! It doesn't perform as well as Xterra on off-roads or on icy snow but I don't off-roads anymore and spent most winter on snow treated road. Everything else is just great and fun: the driving, the traction, acceleration, bluetooth connectivity, rear view camera, 8 people seating, you name it. Most importantly, for almost 2 years now, with Toyota care maintenance I didn't have to spent a cent on repairs (none needed) or oil changes. I do change oil after 5K on my own between the maintenance intervals of 10K but I am not required to. There were only couple very minor issues so far. On one especially cold morning the key would not turn so I had to warm up the metal portion of the key with a burning match and it worked! And another one, when the gear is in reverse sometimes the rearview camera would not start but it gets back on once you stop and switch the gear back and forth.

Great vehicle

by Ron from Monterey, Ca on Tue Mar 29 2016

Have about 40K on my Highlander, and really enjoy it. I originally found the styling to be off-putting, but have grown accustomed to it. Everything is better than I would expect for a mid-sized SUV - performance, fuel economy, quietness, and features. This is a platinum limited, so it has all the bells and whistles. The blind spot detectors and backup camera are particularly useful. I'm not overly crazy about the cruise control, which is much more conservative than I am about drivers in front of me, or about the entertainment system that doesn't always recognize my iphone. But these are minor. Only reliability problem I have had was that the software needed to be upgraded on the entertainment system, as it kept cutting out - even on a phone call. Since then, no problems. I average about 23mpg, but can get 26mpg on the highway if I keep it down below 75 (I don't). I will drive the wheels off of this thing.

2014 Highlander XLT AWD

by Softball Dad from Kansas City, MO on Fri Sep 19 2014

Have had the car for 6 weeks now. Overall its been working out well and I like most things about it including the ride / way it drives and very little road noise (traded 2011 Lexus ES350 for this and honestly I think the Highlander is quieter on the highway than the Lexus). We got the 60/40 middle row which functions well and have tall grown kids that we can comfortably fit all 3 with leg room and overall comfort. The back up camera works well and the layout of most things is very good. The 3rd row is dysfunctional but we bought the vehicle for the rear storage not the 3rd row seats. The auto lift gate works well but is a bit slow. The center console is too big (wife likes it to hide her purse but its honestly too big - it needs a 3-tier shelving unit inside). Other thing I have noticed on longer trips is for me (6 foot 5 tall) the drivers seat is not real comfortable and I struggle to find comfortable places to rest my arms and hold the wheel and even to stretch my legs out. Finally my average highway fuel mileage is 21, a bit away from the 24 average advertised for highway. I have been able to hit 24 on totally flat roads going 65 MPH but you speed up at all or introduce hills at all and it seems to be 21 MPG highway average. Oh yeah, when my wife drives it in the city the MPG is about 10 - if you put your foot into this thing at all it sucks the gas pretty easily.

Nice vehicle for the money

by Csauer from Fort Myers, Fl on Fri May 30 2014

I was nicely surprised about the 2014 Highlander LE. Even though I purchased the low end package the vehicle still comes with lots of goodies on the interior. Lots of room and very quiet and comfortable. Overall I'm very happy with this SUV.

Love my new highlander

by Debbie from Georgia on Tue Apr 15 2014

We purchased the limited so that I would have the blind spot monitor which I love. The only negative is the wind noise it's not a quiet cabin. The only color they had in the limited was the black but wish I had waited for the white. Drives like a dream so no complaint there and the gas mileage is not as bad as I thought it would be. I had a 2007 "white" Camry which I loved but thought we would try an SUV glad we did.

To the Extreme

by Pap's Toy from New Freedom, Pa. on Mon Jun 23 2014

So far I Love my Highlander Limited. It is one if the most comfortable Automobiles that I have driven in the past 20 years or so. It's like a Big easy chair on wheels. The Staff at the Toyota York Auto Group were very accommodating. Not Pushy or insistent, just helpful and straightforward. The Highlander really Sells itself. Remember the old TV Commercials with the Guy Jumping in the air and saying O What A Feeling.Well he was spot on. Thanks York Auto Group.

One of the roomiest cars we have owned.d

by Family guy from Imperial Valley, California on Mon Mar 24 2014

We love the car, interior is very roomy, very quiet. Great features but wish the LE Plus came with Navigation system. Bluetooth very easy to set up with both of our Android phones. It was tough finding this SUV in the Pearl Blizzard color.

Very smooth drive

by First new car from Ohio on Tue Apr 29 2014

I love this car! I've only had it a little under a month but it's the smoothest vehicle I've her driven. This is my first brand new vehicle. I love the touch screen and Bluetooth. I also love the hands free calling system. I feel so up to date.

Fantastic vehicle!!

by JoJo from Woodbridge, VA on Wed Aug 20 2014

We purchased the 2014 Highlander XLE a month ago and I have to say it is an amazing vehicle. I am surprised to hear someone felt they were slipping in the seat because I am 5'3 and have never had an issue! I actually think the seats are so comfortable I could sleep in them! Everything about the interior feels high end and classy. Toyota did a great job with this vehicle. Great pick up and an overall solid SUV. The leg room in phenomenal and even though I wouldn't put an adult in the third row seats for long, a teenager can sit there all day with no issues. The second row is cavernous and there is plenty of hip and leg room in the drivers seat to accommodate me at 5'3 and my hubby at 6'3. :) My one caveat is that I wish it got better MPG. I get around 21.5mpg combined which, although isn't horrible for a vehicle this big it still was stick shock at the pump. We own a Prius as well so that prob doesn't help!!! :D Very happy with our purchase and I would recommend to everyone!

Fabulous Highlander Limited and Customer Relations

by Dancer from Metairie, LA on Sat Mar 22 2014

I purchased a Highlander Limited on March 12, 2014 from Lakeside Toyota and the entire experience was wonderful. Johnathan Bryant was very patient with me and allowed me to drive a couple of vehicles a number of times. I decided I didn't want a white one so at another visit he convinced me to just look at a maroon one which I really liked. After sleeping on it I decided to buy it. He never pressured me and worked hard to get me a good price with everything I wanted in it. The full staff were pleasant at all times and in every way. The two tutors that showed me how to use the new screen with all the gizmos were very nice also. I think I surprised Kevin Canavier when I asked to look under the hood and asked a few questions. He took me to the service dept. and Garett Drez took plenty of time to teach me what was where with the engine and also show me more about the mechanical workings inside the cabin. As a lady, I need to know about the general maintenance and upkeep also. Everyone treated me with the utmost respect including Jessie Johnson in the finance dept. I went to a number of other dealers and am so happy I decided to stop by Lakeside. It turned out to be one of my best decisions.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2014 Toyota Highlander

The 2014 Toyota Highlander's cavalcade of improvements make a formerly bland, middle-of-the-road SUV stand out with bold styling and improved family friendliness.

Toyota listened to consumers while redesigning the seven/eight-seat 2014 Highlander and responded to demands for more cabin and cargo room, dynamic styling and premium amenities. Requests for a more dynamic driving experience should have been respectfully ignored, however, as the 2014's harsher ride is a tradeoff I don't think many midsize SUV buyers should have to live with in return for sportier handling.

Still, other improvements will undoubtedly appeal to shoppers who had scratched the previous Toyota Highlander... Read More