Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 Prius c

2013 Toyota Prius c

2013 Toyota Prius c

Have You Driven the 2013 Toyota Prius c?

Yes it's GREAT on gas...but there's more!!!

by JCDOCPC from atlanta, ga on Fri Jul 15 2016

I have had my Prius C ll for 3 years. And of course my first attraction was the great gas mileage. I felt the difference in this car's mileage would pay about half of the note. This turned out to be true and I was happy with that. However the surprising BONUS of owning these cars is left out of most reviews. It's the maintenance! First tuneup is at 115,000 miles! And with proper usage the breaks can last over 100 thousand miles too before they must be changed! Of course you should have these checked by your service person, but check the book it only requires oil changes at 10000 miles and tire rotations at 5000. A purchase of a new set of tires and the above is all I have done.. I gave my car 4 stars for the stiff ride and lack of power, but hey it's a small car. I would buy another one in a minute...used if i had to.

Great little car!

by ckayakr from Saxtons River, VT on Tue Nov 19 2013

We were sad to have to end our relationship with our 2005 Toyota Matrix, and daunted by the fact that Toyota isn't making the Matrix any more. This Prius c seemed like the best replacement, and is just right for us. I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because the accelerating power is slow and the engine noise is loud. Although neither of these things really matter to my husband and me, it is different than we were used to with the Matrix and our other car, a 4-runner. But the whole point of this car for us is to be a gas saving Prius which was more affordable than the standard Prius. We are very happy with the car.

best car and value, hands down

by shellers95 from on Tue Sep 24 2013

The Prius C is the best car for the value on the market, hands down. It is stylish, technologically savvy, a gas saver hybrid, and of course has the guarantee of the Toyota brand. I bought this instead of a Mercedes due to economical reasons-it is worth its cost and is a better investment than most cars.

Great gas mileage

by Gas Saver from Charlotte NC on Tue Sep 17 2013

As an owner of three guzzlers (Expedition EL, Tundra and Land Rover) I was looking to save $$$$ and purchased a base model Prius C. $19K all in out the door and I've been pleased after 1 month of driving it. Although I gave up the power & torque of a V8 the gas savings more than makes up for it. I've been surprised at the interior space. I'm 6' 230lbs and I can fit 3 additional average sized adults comfortably in the vehicle with me. The interior could use a console storage but outside of the everything is great.

Love this Car!

by Cupcake Lady from Southern California on Mon Jan 12 2015

I have had my 2013 Prius C for just under 2 years and I love it! It's easy to drive, cute, and easy to travel long distances in while getting great mileage. I regularly drive between Southern California and Washington State...which means lots of mountain driving. It handles mountains like a pro and I have no problem with acceleration. I easily enter freeways at the posted speed limit, and easily pass other cars on the freeway. During really cold weather my gas mileage drops until the car warms up, but then I get back to my regular mileage. Average is about 45 mpg total, but I do a lot of driving on hills. On short trips I can easily average 60 to 70 mpg. Other than regular maintenance, I've had no problems with this car & highly recommend it to anyone, whether you are looking for a commuter car, or a car for long distance trips. I am so happy I purchased this one!

Prius C 4 in Alaska

by Freezin in AK from Fairbanks, AK on Wed Apr 02 2014

I have had the 2013 Prius C 4 for a year now. I am averaging 42 mpg in Fairbanks Alaska. Let that set in for a moment. 42 mpg in Alaska for a yearly average. In the summer I am getting near 60 mpg on a regular basis. In the winter I get closer to 30. This car has seen -50 F and starts like a charm. I adjust my driving style to get the maximum mpg I can and am always in ECO mode if not EV mode . My biggest complaint is that I am big (decent) sized guy at 6 foot 2 inches and do not have the room I would like in the driver seat. This is truly a commuter car for me and my wife to drive around town in. I would not suggest taking it on long trips. For that we will use her Prius V (we are getting 38 mpg year round). Keep your belts on, speed down and safe driving everyone!

Prius C vs. Yaris

by Mick from Georgia on Sat Jan 25 2014

The pick up and handling of this smaller-size Prius are better than expected, about the same as driving the Yaris. Compared to the Yaris, however, the interior is more cramped, with little storage space and backseat headrests that can't be removed, and block much of the back window. The gas savings vs. the Yaris are probably only going to make a substantial difference to someone who does a lot of driving, particularly city driving, so if you are choosing between the two vehicles it comes down to cost vs. comfort. The Prius C is a good car with many hi-tech features, but don't pay too much extra money for it vs. the Yaris, because you aren't likely to recoup it soon.

Small but worth the money

by Wagon ethusiast from Maryland DC Suburbs on Wed Jul 17 2013

We "downgraded" from a VW Passat wagon. It feels better to drive a bigger car. But this car handles well and the savings on gas are *unbelievable*.

best car I've owned

by having fun in new car from North Ridgeville,Ohio on Sat Jul 27 2013

I am very happy with my car purchase. The dealer and car purchase experience was the best I have been through so far. I truly am getting the mileage advertised and better....couldn't be happier

MPG for Prius

by Dil from charlotte,nc on Sun May 04 2014

I noticed that If I drive on hiway less than 55 mp/hr, I get 54-60 mpg instead of 46 mpg Best value for a compact car

1 2 3 4 5 6