Yes it's GREAT on gas...but there's more!!!

by from atlanta, ga on July 15, 2016

I have had my Prius C ll for 3 years. And of course my first attraction was the great gas mileage. I felt the difference in this car's mileage would pay about half of the note. This turned out to be true and I was happy with that. However the surprising BONUS of owning these cars is left out of most reviews. It's the maintenance! First tuneup is at 115,000 miles! And with proper usage the breaks can last over 100 thousand miles too before they must be changed! Of course you should have these checked by your service person, but check the book it only requires oil changes at 10000 miles and tire rotations at 5000. A purchase of a new set of tires and the above is all I have done.. I gave my car 4 stars for the stiff ride and lack of power, but hey it's a small car. I would buy another one in a minute...used if i had to.

press reviews are wrong

by from Colorado on April 6, 2014

If you do lots of online research you are going to read about wind noise in this car. Yes, at 70+ miles an hour there is some wind noise, However once I get the air conditioning blower up past about the fourth speed there's far more noise coming from the ventilation system than the wind noise from the car. In fact the wind noise is quite minimal which would seem to make sense in an aerodynamic car. If you are on a quality road with a smooth surface the car is actually remarkably quiet at highway speeds. Coarse road surfaces are another story. You will also read tons of complaints about lack of power. I call bogus here too. My C climbs any upgrade here in Colorado (I-70) at the speed limits with power to spare. Yes it does work hard, like any small car with a small four-cylinder, but it is nowhere near maxed out. I had the car up to 99 miles an hour in Wyoming last summer and it still had some power to spare but I ran out of safe road (as in legally safe- knowing no one such as officers could be observing me) and had to back off. So no, it does not accelerate like a musclecar but it gets up to speed and with superior aerodynamics and all the low rolling resistance tricks, it has plenty of power to maintain whatever speed you want. My over all average MPG which includes lots of highway speeds where hybrids are not as advantageous, not to mention all the hillclimbing I do here in the Rocky Mountains, stands at 55 to the gallon. This number is figured from the old-fashioned Calculator, odometer reading, and gallons method. The display on the dash is optimistic. It claims 57. Do note if you live in an area with lots of cratered poor quality roads, the ride in the C is a bit stiff. There is also the common complaint that the CVT makes noise. I don't know what they are talking about unless it is the increasing and decreasing pitch whine at very low speeds which I believe is the noisemaker under the hood to alert pedestrians. So far I really am loving this car.

Great little car!

by from Saxtons River, VT on November 19, 2013

We were sad to have to end our relationship with our 2005 Toyota Matrix, and daunted by the fact that Toyota isn't making the Matrix any more. This Prius c seemed like the best replacement, and is just right for us. I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because the accelerating power is slow and the engine noise is loud. Although neither of these things really matter to my husband and me, it is different than we were used to with the Matrix and our other car, a 4-runner. But the whole point of this car for us is to be a gas saving Prius which was more affordable than the standard Prius. We are very happy with the car.

best car and value, hands down

by on September 24, 2013

The Prius C is the best car for the value on the market, hands down. It is stylish, technologically savvy, a gas saver hybrid, and of course has the guarantee of the Toyota brand. I bought this instead of a Mercedes due to economical reasons-it is worth its cost and is a better investment than most cars.

Great gas mileage

by from Charlotte NC on September 17, 2013

As an owner of three guzzlers (Expedition EL, Tundra and Land Rover) I was looking to save $$$$ and purchased a base model Prius C. $19K all in out the door and I've been pleased after 1 month of driving it. Although I gave up the power & torque of a V8 the gas savings more than makes up for it. I've been surprised at the interior space. I'm 6' 230lbs and I can fit 3 additional average sized adults comfortably in the vehicle with me. The interior could use a console storage but outside of the everything is great.

Small but worth the money

by from Maryland DC Suburbs on July 17, 2013

We "downgraded" from a VW Passat wagon. It feels better to drive a bigger car. But this car handles well and the savings on gas are *unbelievable*.

best car I've owned

by from North Ridgeville,Ohio on July 27, 2013

I am very happy with my car purchase. The dealer and car purchase experience was the best I have been through so far. I truly am getting the mileage advertised and better....couldn't be happier

Very reliable

by from Tasmpa, FL on February 25, 2013

Always ready to go delivering economy, reliability, and sportiness. The answer for 1-4 passenger drives. Great overall gas mileage and priced thousands less then expected.

VERY GOOD MILEAGE

by from FLORIDA on November 16, 2013

I HAVE DRIVEN THIS CAR FOR ONLY 1,000 MILES AND ADMITTEDLY LIKE A LITTLE OLD LADY BUT AM AVERAGING 65 MPG!

interesting car

by from Fort Worth TX on May 13, 2014

delivering the fuel economy that I expected, good economy at 60 to 65 mph. but falls down above that.

Similar Models

Select up to three models to compare with the 2013 toyota prius_c

You have selected maximum of 3 cars

Remove one of these cars to add others or compare the below cars now.