2021 Volkswagen Atlas consumer reviews

side view of 2021 Atlas Volkswagen
Explore the 2021 Atlas Volkswagen
Shop the 2021 Atlas Volkswagen

nice ride

the car met al my needs...love the 3rd row seating....Rodo was fantastic work with as well and made the entire transaction super easy. highly recommend!

Most satisfying vehicle purchase EVER!

I am so in love with everything about the VW Atlas. Beautiful inside and out, wide chasssis, beautiful wheels, great speakers/sound, low road noice, super smooth ride! It's everything!!

The handling and comfort level is great!

The car has a great level of space which I needed for work and commuting. I will recommend the dealership to all my friends and family.

3.7

Looks good - tastes bad

Car looks great with great safety features, but not German engineered. Car hesitates on acceleration, shifts rough and idles fast. would not buy another. can't believe that this car is made by the company that makes Audi and Porsche. beware.

Love our VW Atlas

It is extremely spacious. Full of features, high end technology. So very comfortable as both a driver and a passenger. Plenty of storage space. Handles so well and drives smoothly.

4.4

Minor issues but satisfying

I got new car for 3 weeks now and minor issues but fixable. Good deal and promotion led me to own this car but also stylish.

Great 3 row SUV

Easy to read and somewhat customizable dash. More second row leg room then Honda Pilot. Comes standard with tow hitch. The V6 is a good option which is not available on other SUV's in this segment. Good value

Eye catching style and functionality

Standing at the rear looking through this vehicle is cavernous with 100 cf of space. I purchased the VW Atlas SEL Premium with the VR6 4Motion engine. Surprisingly plenty of power with the 8 speed transmission. Shifting is seemless, you honestly don't feel it shift. Not the greatest gas milage but better than my 2000 Dodge Durango at 16 MPG in town, 26 Highway. Very quite... unless accelerating you can't tell the engine is even running and in actuality it shuts off to conserve fuel when in stop and go traffic. No significant lagging in restarting. The variety of Traffic Assit modes could use some refinement but work great on the highway, not so much on city streets with poor lane markings. The sound System envelops you in a concert hall. You could drown out the kids with its high performance output including powered subwoofer. I've not found any interior defects, no rattles, very well finished. Just wish they had real wood trim. Accent lighting offers a luxurious touch. Nice comfortable leather seats are heated and cooled. I really like the heated steering wheel and individual environmental settings for driver and passengers. Still trying to figure out their Infotainment System. It controls everything including the variety of vehicle traction systems. Poor instructions but it performs well if you can find the options you are looking for. The manual provided is for the 2020 model and not the same in the 2021 Model! I added the FrontRunner low profile Roof Rack System... vehicle looks sweet. Mid year they have added off road upgrades. I wouldn't go Rock climbing with this SUV but it could handle light off road exploring. It is a Full time 4x4. It controls very well on wet and snow covered roads.

Best tech I’ve seen

Super impressed with the Atlas. It’s a smooth ride, it has more than enough power and even with 4 adults and 2 children, everyone had more than enough room. Fully loaded, there is still no loss of power. My husband has had 2 GTI’s and a CC. After reading other reviews and test driving, we knew this was the car for us.

Extremely comfortable ride, lots of cargo space.

This car will be used for cross country travel, roomy and comfortable. Felt very stable in cornering for its size. The car is very techy which has been a challenge to learn all of its capabilities. The car is smarter than the car owner.