2003 Volkswagen Passat consumer reviews

$21,750–$22,825 MSRP range
side view of 2003 Passat Volkswagen
Explore the 2003 Volkswagen Passat
3.7

Thinking of buying one. Like the handling on test

I'm considering buying a 2003 Passat with 74K miles, for the price-point/budget. The engine looks clean, the interior & exterior are in pretty good shape for the year, no visible rust. Gonna have a mechanic look at it tomorrow. I've read about sludge & maintenance cost

4.3

Very fun car to drive, just needs a new battery.

Clean title, clean car, rarely drove the car, bought as second car and never really had time to drive it. Needs a new battery. Car starts up everytime with new battery.

2.1

Had alot of trouble with it. dont feel safe!

Disappointed in the issues Im having with the car. several recalls for my year of car. Im 5'9" and its hard to get in and out of the car. too low to the ground.

One of best VW ever built

Great legroom, great trunk capacity (who needs a gas-guzzling SUV) and some of the most comfortable bucket seats in the business. If you never drove a VW, then you should try one sometime. This car has excellent power and cornering ability, and the 4Motion system (or Quattro in the Audi) is the best on the market, bar none. The only drawback for me - in this day and age the fuel economy is surpassed by more modern cars. With oil prices increasing again (nobody taking "credit" for the increase?) I need to let it go.

3.9

very comfortable and fun

this car was great for what I needed in a daily driver, drives super smooth and is very comfortable to ride in. Quiet but surprisingly fast and fun.

Most comfortable, reliable car I have ever owned.

Most comfortable, reliable car I have ever owned. I would definitely recommend this model to anyone, especially someone that wants a comfortable, luxury, all wheel drive vehicle.

Best car with 5 star safety features. Its great

This car has been my favorite of all. It reliable, comfortable, stylish doesnt look like a granny station. The stero is great, sunroof,heayed seats, I could go on I've owned m A car since 16 now 60. Its handles wonderful, g Excellent get up and go if you get in a jam. Cant say enough.LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. AND ITS EXTRA SAVE. ITS German !!!!!! H Only one small. Thing v6 not the best gas. Ut a lot lot worst out there im sure

4.4

Love my Volkswagen Passat wagon. So much room .

I bought my Passat wagon in 2011. I've had it for 7 years now. I absolutely love the 4motion. I've gone through snow that pickup trucks got stuck in. I live on top of a mountain and have never had a problem getting up. There is so much room in the back I use it like a truck. There is plenty of leg room both in front and in back. The gas mileage isn't too bad...about 22mpg city and 26 hwy. Only problem I have is the darn engine light keeps coming on. It drives awesome though.

Fun car to drive

I live this little car. No longer need a family size vehicle so for just me it's perfect. The engine is strong for being 15 yrs old. It still has the power as if it were new. Great car!!!

Fantastic, fully loaded car!

This car just won't quit! If it was not so old it would run forever. I can not wait to test drive a 2018 VW Passat.