2017 Passat

2017 Volkswagen Passat

2017 Volkswagen Passat

Have You Driven the 2017 Volkswagen Passat?

Our Passat Exceeds Expectations

by Southern Yankee from Savannah, GA on Mon Mar 06 2017

When we got our 2017 Passat SE with the lighting package in December, 2016, we believed we were getting a good family sedan whose turbocharged 4 cylinder power plant would be adequate and whose handling would be average. Although quite handsome in jet black and tasteful chrome accents, and LED headlights and tail lights, and roomy, the trade mags and web sites downplayed the car's performance. OK, it is not a Ferrari, or even an Audi, but the car has plenty of zip and handles nimbly and rides solidly on its 17inch tires. It's safety rating and air bag coverage are top notch. It's interior is spacious and tasteful. Even without the optional tech package you get iPhone and Android phone compatibility and satellite radio, and apps that work with the car's systems. We looked at the Camry and it seemed dated in its handling. The Sonata looked rather cheesey both inside and out. The Optima's styling seemed garish. The only vehicle we considered as a good option was the Honda Accord, even though its mid trim models lacked some features, but the dealer would not work with us on price, so the VW won out. We are pretty pleased thus far. We've had our 2017 Passat SE for only for a little over two months, so we cannot reasonably comment about reliability except to report that there were no quality control defects at all in our Passat when we received the car. Fit and finish were perfect. Our dealer, Savannah VW, has been terrific. Altogether, we highly recommend the 2017 VW Passat SE.

Passat R LIne

by Garry aus PA from Princess Anne ;MD on Mon May 29 2017

We have bought many Passats and we have never been disappointed. the 2017 R Line is just what we need.We do not buy cars ,with all the bells and whistles ,because most of the time you can not use it. So we wanted a new Passat ,comfortable and dependable. The car has enough space ,even for the passengers sitting in the back ,when the front seat is full in the back position. Electronic is sufficient,as it should be in a German car. 170 hp is enough and you do not have to use premium gas. Workmanship is good and I did not see any shoddy corners ,even I look from behind. When you close the doors or the trunk you get a decent thud and not some noisy clatter. The inside is not deluxe ,but of good quality and everything is on its place. So we can recommend this Passat

R line Passat 2017

by J from Forest Hills on Mon Mar 06 2017

It is a great car, a good alternative for base Audi. Great safety features and great interior. Good value for the price. Test drive it and you will feel the quality and style.

Early Review of 2017 VW Passat SE

by Robert from Statesville, NC on Tue Mar 07 2017

I am pleased to date with the 2017 Passat SE. The safety features are excellent and the computer displays are easy to interface with. The car has been taken on one extended trip and the ride was very comfortable. The mileage is about the same as claimed on the new car window sticker. I love the styling of the vehicle. I do find using a foot to open the rear trunk is a bit tricky.

Just a great fun car!

by My VW from Mpls, MN on Sat Mar 11 2017

I had a Tiguan which was almost 8 years old and I loved it. I decided to go with a car and leased this time. I am enjoying the Passat. It has giddy up and go, also looks real nice. The car the price the deal the monthly payment just all worked and felt right. Luke at VW Burnsville, MN very good to work with.

Best car I ever had

by Chet1954 from Cleveland, Ohio on Mon May 08 2017

I obviously love it or I wouldn't have bought it. The package included everything I wanted and more, the interior is awesome. It glides across the road, and they had to pry me out of it Sunday.

Still the best value and for the money

by LMig from Leawood, KS on Thu May 25 2017

This car meets and exceeds all of my needs and expectation. Comfortable interior space, options, beautiful styling and the performance and reliability of German engineering. Can't bee the pricing to boot!

Fabulous and Reliable

by Mimie from Baltimore, MD on Thu May 18 2017

My dream car! Smooth, shiny, comfortable, sturdy and easy to drive. Very good on gas, high level performance. Sleek interior.

High Quality for Reasonable Price!

by SheriK from Plano, TX on Mon Jul 31 2017

I was really researching vehicles to determine which vehicle would meet all my needs for the best price, overall review and recommendations for safety, price, warranty and styling. I reviewed Honda, Toyota, Kia, and Jeep. After weeks of researching, I concluded the 2017 Passat had the best bang for my buck between Tech options to styling to price to warranty. I love my vehicle, it's so pretty I ended up with a White (exterior) and Beige (interior) R Line version. I love it, it has such great giddy up, styling and options. Excited to cruise around town in this whip =0)

Conservative and no-nonsense

by some contributor on Tue Jul 18 2017

Understated and refined styling in the way early Hondas used to be for their time. A good serious, balanced, proportional design. With a lot of new cars by American and Japanese manufacturers, if you have to slow or stop them, they tend to brake unevenly. This car doesn't do that; the braking and suspension are just pitch perfect, and really grab the road. On acceleration it's very responsive, the power is there. Surpisingly quiet interior, road noise almost non-existent, and external noises are extremely attenuated. The car is for all practical purposes silent. Open the trunk and there's a perfectly rectangular long dimension all the way to the back seats; incredibly spacious--you can fit things long ways all the way to them without even moving the back seats down. Same width all the way, no oval cutout. I was expecting this car to sell for potentially in the 40K range. It's in the 20s. Headrest is a little too forward for my liking. Maybe there's an adjustment, but I didn't see one for the angle. Isn't a real problem.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2017 Volkswagen Passat

The verdict:

Multimedia system updates, a slew of new advanced safety features and lower fuel costs make the refreshed 2016 Volkswagen Passat much more attractive, even if its styling changes go largely unnoticed.

Versus the competition:

The Passat remains one of the roomiest and best-driving mid/full-size sedans. Updates where they were most needed keep the 2016 competitive, though its mileage is beginning to trail even though it went up this year.

Editor's note: This review was written in January 2016 about the 2016 Passat, but little of substance has changed for this year. To see what's new for 2017 click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years. To read the full review of the 2016 Passat, click here.

When it was introduced, the current-generation Volkswagen Passat sedan won Cars.com's top award, the Best of 2012. The midsize-priced, full-size sedan aged well, and the 2015 took third place against nine competitors — most of which had been redesigned more recently — in our $27,000 Midsize Sedan Challenge. For 2016, Volkswagen's product planners left well enough alone and improved only... Read More