2006 Volvo S 60

Very stylish and reliable

by from Birmingham on September 18, 2017

I simply love it. It hugs your body when you're seated to drive. Handle road well. Performance in driving is excellent. Slap stick gear change. Luxury at a reasonable price

Great car

by on July 21, 2017

A great buy for the money highly recommended very happy with car and from who I purchased it from. Smooth ride and handles very good. Great on fuel

Great car

by from WINDER GA on July 14, 2017

Only complaints I have is electric parts need to be oem, and not much leg room in back seat. Otherwise love it.

Love my Volvo

by from Lansing, MI on July 5, 2017

Though it is expensive to fix, it rarely needs to be in the shop. Always reliable and runs great, I get piece of mind knowing it is safe, plus, it picks up quickly when you need to pass some jackwagon who is texting and swerving in front of you. Leave them in the dust.

A Dependable, Reliable, Quality Made Vehicle

by from Orange County, CA on June 8, 2017

After owning this Vehicle for over 7 years I can safely say that it is an outstanding Vehicle, a enviable entry-level luxury vehicle that can rival other more expensive brands in terms of quality, reliability, performance and overall ownership.

Most FUN CAR I HAVE OWNED....

by from Phoenix,AZ on May 6, 2017

Great car and at $4400 an absolute STEAL.....Handling is great and a very responsive car , one of a few turbo factory cars that i would buy

Volvo - Safety isn't just a slogan

by from So Ca on July 3, 2016

My first Volvo, a 1995 940 was a great car and we drove it 330,000 miles. But our S60 proved to us they are a safe well designed car, both mechanically and safety. I got rear ended yesterday, and the impact was pretty substantial. I got rear and side panel damage, but no body damage. The gal tried to avoid me (didn't bummer), went to the right, sheering off the stop sign post, all the landscaping and hit a small tree. She got her foot caught, and evidently could not stop in time. She wasn't injured, and we weren't either. My S60 protected us from the energy absorption, keep us injury free (seats did well), and the damage to the car blew my mind. I was expecting an accordion. Off to the body shop on Tuesday. I'm impressed. I love the performance, comfort, and bells and whittles, but I now get the safety thing. No wonder the symbol means Iron. My husband is replacing his Vette w/ a Volvo. We're sold.

Coolest Volvo ever

by from VA on June 25, 2014

I have owned 3 Volvos, drove my 2004 S60R for about 78K miles with no problems. Should have kept it, turned it in after 4 year lease. Terrific acceleration, I thought that the Nav was okay, has a remote, so wife can put in the address while I drive. Great stereo, comfortable front seat. The cowl is very low, so watch out for parking spaces and curbs. The turning circle is so wide that it is dangerous, can't do U-Turn. I now drive a Jag XF, very similar car, never had mechanical problems, motor seems to be built like a truck. Smooth at 100 mph

'06 Volvo S60R represents Euro Power

by from Stow, OH on January 20, 2014

I own a 2006 Volvo S60R, titanium color Pegasus wheels in a perfect Magic Blue body color. The car has huge torque, I make it up huge gradients with only 2K RPM, as the torque given from the turbo is there already. You do need to take good care of her, spark plugs a little more often, syn oil often and running premium will keep the car tip top. The inside leaves nothing to disappoint, the seats are perfect and fit around you very well. One feature which almost NOBODY knows about the '04-'07 S60R, is that it was the only Volvo in history which you can change the suspension thickness. Comfort is a smooth ride like a Cadillac, Sport is a tougher more S60R ride, and Advanced mode makes you feel every crack on the road, but you get perfect cornering and faster acceleration with the drive-by-wire gas pedal. If you ever find a '04-'07 S60R, buy it, you wont regret it.

T5: Near-Luxury & Quasi-European performance

by from Kentucky on August 11, 2013

My thoughts on my 260HP '06 T5 w/ a 2.4 liter & larger turbo: PERFORMANCE - The T5 has good, but unrefined power. The turbo boost is harsh & if the turbo engages when the transmission downshifts the torque-steer jerks the steering wheel & the car lurches left. The stability control isn't as refined as Euro cars-- it uses the brakes to re-balance the car, which is noisy and un-nerving. (I drive hard on mountain roads so I experience this more often than I should!) The traction control is unimpressive in super-slick conditions; when the tires get no traction at all, the computer simply turns off all the power to the wheels. COMFORT- The cruise control is poorly placed, and I frequently hit it unintentionally. Very comfortable except for the inexcusable back seat, which is only good for kids. Good radio. Good visibility. Previous reviews about dismal turning radius are true. I've turned tighter circles in pickup trucks. RELIABILITY - I've had problems with seat belt retractors, remote lock, plastic door handles breaking twice and the turbo intake hose rupturing, but otherwise its been reliable. Don't loose your key-- Volvo charges $400 to replace it.