2006 S60

2006 Volvo S60

2006 Volvo S60

Have You Driven the 2006 Volvo S60?

Safe, Fast, Economical, Sleeper

by WaldoRevn from Kansas City, Mo. on Fri Nov 13 2009

Always safe. Fast when you need (or want it ;-} ), yet the S60R blends right in much more than any other performance car. The three settings of the cockpit-adjustable suspension allows for everything from smooth cruising to track days, just push a button. The sound system kicks. I'm 6'4" and I fit just fine. 11.xx pounds per hp is very strong. And yet, I'm averaging almost 3 mpg better than the EPA combined rating for the life of the car (19 EPA, mine=22+). Since summer '09 I've upped my MPG techniques so that I consistently get 5 to 6 MPG better than the EPA city rating (16 EPA, mine=22+) and up to 9 mpg better than the EPA highway rating (23 EPA, mine up to 32) on this manual 6-speed car.

Old enough to have a Safe Comfortable Car

by Former Japanese, now Swedish Car enthusiast from Seattle on Fri Oct 30 2009

My wife and I drove less expensive used cars for years (Chev Greenbriar Corvair van, VW411, Volvo 144, 1964 Buick Special) then did our bit for ecology with Honda Civic Hybrid. Safety and car seating low low marks. Since our Volvo S60 (used but only 28K miles) life has been VERY comfortable, we can hear each other as we drive along, and feel VERY safe. Totally worth the expense--this might be our last car before DOL takes our licenses away!

Good friends, for a long time...

by G2 from Maine on Thu Oct 21 2010

I purchased a `06 S60 AWD almost 4 years ago. It had 20k when I bought it; it now has 110k. I have enjoyed 90k trouble free, comfortable miles. The car drives as well now as when I initially bought it. The seats are wonderful - they envelope you. I would like a power lumbar support instead of the difficult to reach knob, though. Whenever I have new passengers with me, they typically comment on the comfort and the beautiful, artful layout of the dashboard. The AWD works seamlessly and makes the car VERY surefooted. As I live in Maine, I like that. The steering has a heavy, substantial feel, which I like as well. And the power...LOVE IT! When you need to pull out into traffic or pass someone, this things hauls! And it gets 28MPG - pretty good for a heavy, powerful car. If I had to say anything negative, it would be that this car is not as agile as a BMW, Audi, or even a Passat. It is a great highway car, though. My S60 has been remarkably reliable and dependable. I expect to keep this gem for another 2 or 3 years. When I do replace it, my guess is it will be because I want a new car, not because I need one.

Great Touring Car

by Volvo Convert from Tennessee on Tue Aug 15 2006

Recently drove 1600 miles in three days. Very comfortable, easy to spend long hours behind the wheel without becoming overly fatigued. Needs more leg room for the back seat. 31 mpg @ posted speed limits.

Volvo S60

by lina from on Sun Mar 21 2010

The most confortable car. I pick this car because of safety feature they have and after looking for a few car. This is my choise, eventhough its look like a big car but when you sat inside it so confortable and nice interior too.

We love our second Volvo

by Kickdown-169 from Germany on Sun May 09 2010

We love our Volvo S60, this is our second Volvo, we had a Volvo V50 before. This car is very comfortable, the seats are fantastic, the 5-cylinders are great and the Automatic-Transmission is very smooth. We drive 20.000 miles a year and need a reliable car, that's why we drive Volvo. This is one of the safest cars on the road. We had problems with the alarm system (Volvo Guard) and the factory navigation system (RTI), but the warranty paid for it. Our S60 now has 64.000 miles on it, we'll drive it to 160.000 mls and then we want to buy a Volvo XC 70 or S80.

Thoroughly researched purchase

by Demanded a reliable and sexy car from Phoenix, AZ on Sun May 01 2011

I absolutely love my car. Many people complained about the turn radius and while it's slightly tight, it does not phase me a bit. The car is fast, safe, spongy, and all around a terrific car to drive. I had previously made poor auto choices so I was set on loving my car. I accomplished it! I love my car.

Volvo - Safety isn't just a slogan

by 2nd time around Volvo rocks from So Ca on Sun Jul 03 2016

My first Volvo, a 1995 940 was a great car and we drove it 330,000 miles. But our S60 proved to us they are a safe well designed car, both mechanically and safety. I got rear ended yesterday, and the impact was pretty substantial. I got rear and side panel damage, but no body damage. The gal tried to avoid me (didn't bummer), went to the right, sheering off the stop sign post, all the landscaping and hit a small tree. She got her foot caught, and evidently could not stop in time. She wasn't injured, and we weren't either. My S60 protected us from the energy absorption, keep us injury free (seats did well), and the damage to the car blew my mind. I was expecting an accordion. Off to the body shop on Tuesday. I'm impressed. I love the performance, comfort, and bells and whittles, but I now get the safety thing. No wonder the symbol means Iron. My husband is replacing his Vette w/ a Volvo. We're sold.

'06 Volvo S60R represents Euro Power

by Martin277 from Stow, OH on Mon Jan 20 2014

I own a 2006 Volvo S60R, titanium color Pegasus wheels in a perfect Magic Blue body color. The car has huge torque, I make it up huge gradients with only 2K RPM, as the torque given from the turbo is there already. You do need to take good care of her, spark plugs a little more often, syn oil often and running premium will keep the car tip top. The inside leaves nothing to disappoint, the seats are perfect and fit around you very well. One feature which almost NOBODY knows about the '04-'07 S60R, is that it was the only Volvo in history which you can change the suspension thickness. Comfort is a smooth ride like a Cadillac, Sport is a tougher more S60R ride, and Advanced mode makes you feel every crack on the road, but you get perfect cornering and faster acceleration with the drive-by-wire gas pedal. If you ever find a '04-'07 S60R, buy it, you wont regret it.

Stings like a Beemer floats like a Caddy

by Khan from Chicago, IL on Tue Jun 21 2011

Purchased this car brand new in 06 and it has been a beaut. This car flies down the road and is an amazing ride. i have raced many cars off the line and this car is quick. And on the highway this car feels like its going 30 not 80. if anything i wish the steering was tighter and the visibility was better and the navigation is a bit outdated. great car. Volvo S60 T5

1 2 3 4