2000 Volvo S80 consumer reviews

side view of 2000 S80 Volvo
Explore the 2000 Volvo S80
2.6

Melon!

I bought my 2000 Volvo S80 used in 2006. When I bought it the front leather seats and jock box cover were already very distressed and torn. Since 2010 the car has been nothing but trouble: a loose motor mount that was almost $1k to repair all the damage it created. So much more to say but running out of space. It now has only 133k miles but it needs1,000's of repairs, more $ than the value of the car. Electrical system, gas leak, transmission fluid leak, headlights falling out, broken interior dash functions, both side window in the front seat, driver & passenger fell out of the mechanism, which had to b replaced. This is a Volvo for God's sake. This Volvo is def a melon!

Nicest luxury car I've owned.

Like it much so far and it has options I've never experienced. Well made and luxurious. It is extremely quiet and runs exceptionally smooth.

Volvo - reliable, safe and stylish

2000 Volvo s80 has been dependable and has a very comfortable ride. Exterior looks new as car has been kept in the garage and runs well. A good buy.

mr

it's a very good car, in the future i will love to get one for myself. and one for my wife. and the jeep for family outing.

2.9

Money pit

Bought the 2.9 non turbo used with 63k on the clock. After 3 years and less that 100k, the following needed repair or replacement. Alternator, o2 sensors, cv joints, fuel pump, throttle body. Also sunroof failed in open position, driver power window failed, power door locks failed. Poorly emgineered, cheap plastic interior components. Can't wait to unload and buy another 5 series BMW

4.4

Very happy using as a road car for business trips

Bought the car in 2008 with 8000 miles on it. Just getting to 60,000 this summer. Enjoyed the car very much. I run a 2 1/2 hr road trip with it every two weeks and found it to be a great road car. Very comfortable and doesn't wear me out when I'm done with the drive. Has handled well in lousy weather in NE PA.

I love my Volvo!

The only neg I have to say about this car is don't like that you can only open trunk with key or remote control, and the gas cap only unlocks when all doors are unlocked, oh and you have a certain amount of time to adjust the electric seats from the time you start the car and shut the door, real pain for long trips. But love the body and interior design, computer with warnings, and service reminder light. Heated leather seats a plus also! Never even looked at a Volvo but will def think about owning another.

I'd buy another

Have had gterat luck with this model/year car. Safe, very comfortable and fun to drive. No real issues with maintenance, pretty normal for a car of this value and quality.

4.3

Great car, better value

I've a couple of Volvo's and have loved them. The last S80 I owned was an excellent car and will likely buy another.

3.4

Decent Car

My husband convinced me to buy this car because of its really good safety reviews. We live in the Colorado mountains with alot of snow, so I thought it would work well. The first 6 months months were fine, but the last 9 months have been horrendous! Power stearing went out in a canyon(!), fuel line leak, transmission gone bad, turbos going bad, leaking coolant, and driver's side door lock broken. The interior is very nice and comfortable. I'm not a huge fan of leather seats, but the seat heaters make them bareable. The trunk is huge! All the gadgets and buttons inside took some getting used to. Expensive to get fixed and it has needed to get fixed alot. Overall a decent car, but I'm getting rid of it ASAP!