2000 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews

4.0
Average based on 9 reviews

I love my Volvo!

by from Dallas, Tx on March 31, 2010

The only neg I have to say about this car is don't like that you can only open trunk with key or remote control, and the gas cap only unlocks when all doors are unlocked, oh and you have a certain amount of time to adjust the electric seats from the time you start the car and shut the door, real pain for long trips. But love the body and interior design, computer with warnings, and service reminder light. Heated leather seats a plus also! Never even looked at a Volvo but will def think about owning another.

sweet ride

by from Stevenson, WA on May 30, 2008

We debated a smaller car for the economy of commuting, something more important nowadays, but you have to weigh how much time you spend in the car too. An hour driving something that's uncomfortable can feel like 3 hours. This Volvo makes that commute time way more reasonable with all of it's comfort features, smooth ride and excellent handling. We live and drive in a very rural area with icey, winding roads, and this car has performed flawlessly for 5 years now. On the downside, the cd storage bin between the seats is pretty inaccessible when driving, and all the bells & whistles (electronic features) take some getting used to, plus the cost of maintenence and fuel are higher than your average American car. It's just part of the deal though, and you have to take that into account when you're looking at a rather luxury car. The heated seats are great, as is the drive. When the times comes to part with this little mink, we shall certainly be looking at another Volvo.

Great car, better value

by from on August 4, 2009

I've a couple of Volvo's and have loved them. The last S80 I owned was an excellent car and will likely buy another.

I'd buy another

by from Pacific Norhwest on August 31, 2009

Have had gterat luck with this model/year car. Safe, very comfortable and fun to drive. No real issues with maintenance, pretty normal for a car of this value and quality.

Great handling, comfortable, safe and reliable.

by from California on January 4, 2007

I have owned a 2000 Volvo S80 since new. It has been a great car. It is very comfortable for both drivers and passengers. It ranks in the top for consumer safety, looks good, and is sporty to drive. In comparing with others in its class, this has been a good value.

Very happy using as a road car for business trips

by from York, PA on July 21, 2011

Bought the car in 2008 with 8000 miles on it. Just getting to 60,000 this summer. Enjoyed the car very much. I run a 2 1/2 hr road trip with it every two weeks and found it to be a great road car. Very comfortable and doesn't wear me out when I'm done with the drive. Has handled well in lousy weather in NE PA.

mr

by from nigeria on June 25, 2013

it's a very good car, in the future i will love to get one for myself. and one for my wife. and the jeep for family outing.

Decent Car

by from Eagle, Co on January 18, 2009

My husband convinced me to buy this car because of its really good safety reviews. We live in the Colorado mountains with alot of snow, so I thought it would work well. The first 6 months months were fine, but the last 9 months have been horrendous! Power stearing went out in a canyon(!), fuel line leak, transmission gone bad, turbos going bad, leaking coolant, and driver's side door lock broken. The interior is very nice and comfortable. I'm not a huge fan of leather seats, but the seat heaters make them bareable. The trunk is huge! All the gadgets and buttons inside took some getting used to. Expensive to get fixed and it has needed to get fixed alot. Overall a decent car, but I'm getting rid of it ASAP!

Money pit

by from new haven county, ct on March 4, 2012

Bought the 2.9 non turbo used with 63k on the clock. After 3 years and less that 100k, the following needed repair or replacement. Alternator, o2 sensors, cv joints, fuel pump, throttle body. Also sunroof failed in open position, driver power window failed, power door locks failed. Poorly emgineered, cheap plastic interior components. Can't wait to unload and buy another 5 series BMW