2016 Volvo XC90 consumer reviews

side view of 2016 XC90 Volvo
Explore the 2016 Volvo XC90
Shop the 2016 Volvo XC90
3.1

Gorgeous car, but high maintenance

We bought our XC90 with 43k miles on it via a CPO through a dealership. At the time, it underwent a billion-point inspection and all kinds of parts and fixes were made to it before we took possession of it, including new rotors and brake pads. We’ve now had this car for about 18 months and so far, the side mirrors went out of synch, there was an oil drain issue, the sunroof quit working, and it was giving us false crash warnings. Recently, we noticed a thumping noise and vibration upon braking at high speeds. Turns out the brake rotors warped after 15k miles and need to be replaced. Volvo refused to stand behind their parts and their product and would not replace the rotors as part of the CPO or the extended warranty. We will never own another Volvo again after this experience and we don’t recommend it to anyone else, either.

Exceptional vehicle for the cost

This car is phenomenal the only complaint are the ongoing mains costs. I believe they could b reduced so more folks could take advantage of a great car.

Good car

Good car. I will Recommend so far had the car for a month love it. Good on gas mileage look stylish I need a oil change every 10,000 miles

Most reliable, fun and safe car.

This is the best car I ever owned. Fun to drive, extremely reliable and considered the safest car out there. Best value for your money!!!

3.6

Comfortable but High Maintenance

We loved the comfort and technology available with our XC90, but it constantly had issues. Updates wouldn't take which affected the safety features. It is comfortable but there is limited legroom in the second and third rows and cargo space is limited (you can't fit a Yeti in the back, the trunk won't close). So, we traded it for a larger SUV that is more reliable!

Quite Satisfied

I’ve been a Volvo fan for decades. This is my fourth. I’m quite pleased with the modern features and the styling. I just wish maintenance wasn’t so costly 🙂.

2.9

Non reliable car

So nice interior, exterior.Comfortable car.Non reliable car.Has a lot of engine, electronic problems.Lots of problems.Just a headache.With 25000 miles car had engine problems, gasket,gas cap,battery problems

Volvo most reliable car I've ever owned

The XC90 has been my favorite vehicle yet that I've owned. It has comfortable leg room, has all the bell & whistles heated seats, USB's, room enough to carry large items, memory position for seat adjustment & mirrors, auto bright lights etc. plus the safety factor of Volvo's reputation.

Comfortable and Safe

I just bought this car. Although it is larger than I was shopping for, it met all my requirements from a comfort, safety and low mileage (for a pre-owned vehicle).

Volvo all around excellent auto

My wife and I love it: comfortable, nimble, stylish, thrill to drive, reliable, designed for safety, comfortable for passengers, cargo space accommodates anything from grocery bags to lumber to dressers and refrigerators and large screen TV's. At home on the farm or on the urban eight lane expressway.