Prestman Auto

270 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

May 23, 2019

RUN AWAY! Horrible follow up! If this is an indication of how they might follow up if a salvaged car you buy has issues, then RUN AWAY! I'd leave ZERO... stars if I could. They have horrible customer service. I called a few years back and nobody followed up. I called again that day and they assured me someone would follow up and NOTHING. Fast forward to this last week (About 1.5 years later) I called the SLC location and nobody followed up. I called the Lindon location and I was assured someone would reach back out to me in a few hours and NOTHING again. Well, that's it from me. I'm DONE and will NEVER buy from Prestman Auto.

May 20, 2019

Horrible customer service! RUN AWAY! Think about it: You're buying a Salvage Title. What if something goes wrong?! Are they going to ignore the problem... and NOT FOLLOW UP! Tried buying from them two different times. Every single time the sales associate promised to get back to me, but NOT ONCE did this happen. This was the second chance I gave them. I tried to buy a car about 1.5 years ago and had the same experience! I never even got to the point of buying the vehicle because NOBODY called back or followed up either time!!

April 10, 2019

Terrible experience! As soon as i walked in they were pushing papers at me to sign. I told them multiple times that I wanted to keep my options open. I... was looking at a rebuilt title for 22,000$ and I was going to throw down nearly half for a down payment to keep my payment low. They ran my credit and took me to the finance guy. I again told them i'm still gonna keep my options open. Finally the finance guy was going over numbers and after putting 10,000$ down on a 22,000$ car i still owed 24,000. How does that even make sense? I told them I could get pre qualified through my bank and they discouraged me from that just to give me a 9 percent interest rate. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. THESE DUDES ARE CROOKS!

February 12, 2019

Bought a Toyota Sienna from Prestman. Noticed an audible knock only days after owning the vehicle. Took it into a Toyota dealer about a month later and... they said the front struts and mounts needed replacement. Notified Prestman about the issue and they offered to let us buy the warranty (~$4000). This is a pre-existing problem and they offered essentially no help at all. The "150 point" inspection must just be for tire pressure and wiper fluid... I would never buy a vehicle from them again.

December 17, 2018

Absolute mistake buying a car here. The car has needed repairs twice in the first few weeks, both times the service department screwed up in ordering the... wrong parts and took the entire day to fix while I waited around since they had quoted me "an hour or 2":. Not sure if they are deceitful, lazy or just don’t care, but avoid this place all around!! I sure wish I had.

December 9, 2018

Be cautious - I bought a branded auto on line. I was told it was in excellent shape. It was not. It was a $30,000 auto I had to spend over $4000 to... get in original shape. Now 6 months old I have another $2500 because the car was improperly wired when it was repaired so it shorted out and took out the cooling fan. None on of this cover by the expensive third party warranty I purchased. In addition it took over 10 calls and emails to get the title. Be Cautious !!!!! Do not believe their representations of an auto.

October 30, 2018

I bought my "dream" minivan (if there is such a thing) from Prestman Auto a little over a year ago. The sales staff was awesome, so good in fact that... I bought into their sales pitch that a salvaged title vehicle was not such a scary decision. I believed them when they told me my vehicle had been inspected by them and a third party person. However, I have had NOTHING but issues with my van. 3 months after my purchase, the engine had to be replaced. The service shop had my car for just shy of 1 month. We repeatedly requested a rental car, but was denied. When we picked up our car after a month we met with a manager and expressed our deep disappoint in the vehicle and the process of dealing with the service shop. I momentarily felt a little better about the dealership. We are back at the service shop for the third time in a year. The quick fix on my car, is nearing day two of being in the shop. I have heard no word from the service shop. Through my own tenacity, I got an update. The "take home" of this review....think twice before you buy a salvaged title vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not worth the savings.

September 5, 2018

Great service. I got in and got out with what I wanted and didn’t have to jump through a bunch of hoops in the process

August 15, 2018

Great experience. Would definitely recommend. Not only do back up their work, they prove it to you if something goes wrong. The truck was a branded title... and clearly something was so small that blue star didn't catch it either. But hey, they took care of me. Great experience.

July 4, 2018

Brad Clark was very helpful. answer all my questions , did all the paperwork as quick as possible to get us in and out. Awesome salesman. In the future... if I ever going to purchase another vehicle that's where I'm going.