The five-seat A4 is offered only as a sedan; Audi also offers the Allroad wagon, which is based on the A4 and covered separately in the Cars.com Research section. The sedan also is available as a performance version dubbed S4. The A4 is offered with front- or all-wheel drive and competes with the BMW 3 Series, Cadillac ATS and Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
(Skip to details on the: S4)
There are no significant changes.
- Xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights and LED running lights and taillights
- Power moonroof
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- Leather upholstery
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Sport suspension
- 19-inch wheels and tires
- Blind spot warning system
- Backup camera
- Audi Connect information system
- 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system
The S4 is the racy version of the A4. It packs a 333-horsepower, supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 and offers a choice of a six-speed manual or seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. All-wheel drive is standard, along with Audi Drive Select, which lets the driver choose performance settings for the steering, engine, optional adaptive suspension and automatic transmission.
- Sport seats
- Leather and Alcantara upholstery
- AWD system delivers 60 percent of the power to the rear wheels, which makes the S4 feel more like a rear-drive car
- Optional sports differential transfers more power to the outside rear wheel in turns
Back to top