2016 Audi SQ5 Reviews
The SQ5 is the performance-oriented variant in Audi's Q5 crossover lineup. It features a more powerful version of the Q5's supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 gas engine that's rated at 354 horsepower. All-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission are standard.
For 2016, red brake calipers, unique 20-inch wheels and diamond-stitched seats are available. An adaptive suspension is now offered as a standalone option for Premium Plus models.
- Zero to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds, according to Audi
- Gray accents for the grille
- Aluminum side mirror housings; body color available
- Quad exhaust tips
- Lowered suspension
- 20-inch wheels; 21-inch wheels available
- Leather and Alcantara sport seats
- Available dynamic steering with variable ratio and assist levels
- Available gloss-black exterior accents
Here's info on the regular Q5:
The Q5 competes in the crowded compact luxury crossover segment that includes the Acura RDX, BMW X3 and Volvo XC60. It seats five and comes with standard all-wheel drive. In addition to four-cylinder and V-6 gas engines, the Q5 offers a gas-electric hybrid system or a turbo-diesel engine.
(Skip to details on the: Q5 Hybrid)
New for 2016
A panoramic moonroof is now standard, and the Audi Connect information system is included with the Navigation Plus Package. The Technology Package available on Premium Plus models now includes a Bang & Olufsen sound system.
Significant Standard Features
- All-wheel drive
- Xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Power liftgate
- Panoramic moonroof
- Leather upholstery
- Three-zone automatic climate control
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
Significant Available Features
- 19- or 20-inch wheels
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Bang & Olufsen premium stereo
- Adaptive cruise control
- Adaptive headlights
- Blind spot warning system
The Q5 Hybrid, Audi's first hybrid in the U.S., comes with an electric motor powered by a lithium-ion battery pack and a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder gas engine. Total system output is 245 hp. Unlike many hybrids, which use continuously variable automatic transmissions, the Q5 Hybrid uses the same eight-speed automatic as other Q5 models.
- EPA-estimated 24/30/26 mpg city/highway/combined
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- All-wheel drive