2006 750

4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great car

by happy bmw owner from simi valley ca on January 14, 2016

Now in my 6th year of owning my 2006 bmw 750i. Parts and repairs are expensive. Its not like my acura where everything is dirt cheap but its worth it. Drives like a dream looks great You can tell the difference when you drive this and then borrow wife's acura its not even in the same class. On repairs while they are expensive the parts are made to do more and they are higher quality. In return you get a great ride, drive one for a week and you wont look back.

Silver Bullet

by John C from Athens,Ga on May 5, 2017

I have owned 3 BMW 7 series and nothing else will do for me. The room; the power; the luxury features; the handling; I am smitten. Thanks to Mitchell and the fab team a UAB I am very happy.

Done exactly what I had wished

by BillC from Chevy Chase, MD on November 13, 2009

I was well past tired of driving cars that had made little concession to a driver with long legs. I am not unusually long-legged at 6'1", but as I aged to my present 57 years, I found myself increasingly avoiding a long car trip. The 1996 BMW 750 Li has provided the room, and with the "deluxe" seating package, (and the options), to restore my previous enthusiasm for "road trips". I do use the back massage feature at times; more importantly, I can shift the seat cushions 22-ways to avoid any discomfort, or just to make things more interesting to my lower back or thigh muscles. I have begun to appreciate the small things -- the key fob I carry retains all of my seating, mirror, heating, and entertainment selections. So using the car after my much shorter Spouse has done so, is not an immediate grab for buttons to re-adjust seats and mirrors, or our differnces about music choices and volume. It is a "big" car by modern standards, and backing the car up, although aided by a large screen display, always makes me anxious. It is, though, a heckuva lot of fun to drive as a performance car. Certainly not a Porsche 911 feel to it, but I assure you the car will satisfy the enthusiast driver. Albeit, now a BMW-style enthusiast. I do at times miss the whole Porsche experience. But this can match or exceed what I have previously driven. And in a very luxerious way, do so with great safety. And enormous comfort. The back seat passengers have a living room of space. This was an age appropriate, lifestyle appropriate, choice for me. It has met all of my expectations pre-purchase, and now after a year of ownership. I have not yet had a repair bill by my local BMW dealership that read anything other than $0 -- no matter how silly or serious. And I have not had any serious mechanical problems with the automobile I purchased. I admit it is a "tough car to love" -- its feature set is intimidating, unless you read the Manual and play. There is a "coldness" about the car, until you drive a few miles. The feeling of Teutonic indifference, of being a better car than I am a driver, relaxes after a few miles together. However, your passengers will find this BMW warm, welcoming and luxerious.

problems

by vg1300 from Washington, DC on July 26, 2010

I have the same car same year and all the electronics are having some sort of problem. My rear DVD does not work so many lights come on on the dash. The main good thing about this car is the performance and handling.

Does not recommend this car!!

LUXURY

by Clandestine from LA, CA on July 26, 2009

I just purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 750Li BMW. I'm 22 years old and I love this car. It's not too mature for me because it's sporty and youthful to drive. It's large and in charge. 20,000 miles and I snatched it up for around $45,000. That's a $40,000 savings!! It is a dream. All the James Bond gadgets are what makes this car an experience more than a chore. I wanted to grab one of Bangle's designs before they all get too old. The new 2009 7 Series is boring in comparison to mine. The interior of the 2009 is bland and Lexus-like, I can say the same for the exterior. They need to re-hire Bangle fast before BMW starts to go boring with their designs. Bangle brought in more tech and innovation than any designer I know.

great car, high maintenance!

by samsam from on August 18, 2011

it's basically an airplane on wheels, simple as that, it has million buttons, at first its very confusing..it's huge compare to other sedans, u barely touch the gas pedal and the car is flying, very comfortable, great handling, it's an amazing car for someone that can afford high maintnance cost, just for example, the wheels on this car are around 1600$ and they last for 15000-20000 miles. bottom line, good car, highly recommended. drive carefully!

One Of Best On The Road

by Brooklyn from on May 10, 2017

This is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I purchased this vehicle in 2012 for commuting to work. Very smooth ride, novist drivers of this vehicle be aware of speed.

Looks good, repairs too much

by BMW 10-to-8 from Huntsville, AL on June 15, 2017

Beautiful looking, but in the shop every quarter costing about $1,000 each time. Intermittent windshield wipers caused the regular wipers to malfunction, while out of town, in a thunderstorm. Got a mechanical part fixed, then had to get another closely related part fixed shortly after. Asked why it wasn't caught when first item went out, they said because we only work on what you tell us is having trouble. Had to let it go.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Value Vehicle Ever

by Best Overall Deal from Green, OH on October 25, 2011

I got the best deal. Everyone else was thousands more. This car drives excellent and gets awesome gas mileage and looks like brand new inside out.

2nd best car I've Owned

by BMW2006 from Saint Louis, Missouri on February 15, 2013

Overall the car is fine but has a problem with internal oil leak. Another thing is the sunroof you can wind blowing over it when the cover isn't closed but the performance is great.

1 2 3