2013 Verano

4.7 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

This was not even on my radar...

by This is what I chose after driving 20+ small cars! from Texas on June 23, 2013

Then I drove it on a whim. I was looking for a vehicle under 20K that had nice appearance, good reliability, decent gas mileage, and could handle my lead foot. I drove a variety of vehicles over three weeks and was about to settle for a vehicle I was not in love with because it was in my price range & didn't hate it. Then I requested and internet price on two vehicle outside my price zone-the Verano being one. And of those two, the Verano far exceeded my expectations-it drove the smoothest, was the quietest, had good acceleration, and it looks fabulous inside and out. The base model was better than the top model of most of the vehicles I test drove and it performed better than all but one vehicle...and happily my vehicle was 4K less than I expected!! Give this vehicle a try. It is peppy, stylish, fun to dirve with higher end amenities than one would expect.

Amazing value for your buck

by Truck guy gone car guy from Milwaukee, WI on June 17, 2013

My wife and I bought our 2013 Buick Verano (base model) new off the lot. When we first test drove this car, my first reaction was wow, this is a Buick? Its quiet interior, along with style, reaction while driving and great features like intellelink outperform all of the comparable vehicles in its price class. I drove a Cruze which didn't feel great, the Verano is hands down the best car I've owned. I'm 27 and thought Buick's were for old people, well, not any longer. This car is perfect for any young person looking for a sporty yet luxurious car at a very affordable price tag and I'll recommend the Buick Verano to everybody, all day, every day. Keep up the great work Buick and we will keep fighting for the home team!!

Excellent Value and Great Looking

by buick is for me from Warrenton, VA on November 15, 2012

I also turned in a 2010 Camry. I wanted somthing that had more seat comfort, excellent exterior design and luxurious interior, but I couldnt afford a "Luxury Car." This car met all of my requirements and fit the budget to a T. Great value for the money and looks fabulous inside and out. Glad I went back to Buick.

great car great price-traded my 2010 camry for one

by 97vulcan from belle vernon p.a. on August 8, 2012

very quiet and smooth . feels very well put together. i have the cashmere leather and it is very comfortable. car looks and drives like a million bucks but isnt. power and handling is more than adequate. i really enjoy this car.

Do it

by Mort from Livonia MI on July 13, 2013

I'd never bought a car with an automatic transmission and had steered clear of Big 3 cars for years. Two VWs and three Saabs later, I thought I'd give it a go, reasonably sure I wouldn't like it. Used to European certainty, I don't think the handling is quite as good as other reviewers, but handling has never been great in US or Asian cars. Don't get me wrong. This is quite good. The ride and noise levels are also very good too. Where this car really excels to me are automatic transmission performance, comfort and interior quality & design. Nearly all the rental, parental and other cars I've driven over the years have had horrible automatics. This one inspires confidence. When I first sat in it (and in the 6,000 miles since), it felt really good. I've always thought American and Asian seats were too mushy. This one isn't European, but it's still fantastic. GM used to really cheap out with interior materials, only looking decent compared with Yugo. The interior quality is great and the design and layout are very intuitive and beautiful. The only things I really don't care for are the exterior design (who cares? you're either sitting in it or away from it) and the climate control putting on the a/c in humid situations in warmer weather--no override. If you got wet, you have two choices: much too cold (a/c) or much too hot (putting the temp to the hottest setting to avoid cold a/c). While the later is annoying, it isn't a deal breaker. I love this car the same way I loved my first Saab. That's a lot.

Excellent performance

by Luis B from Mexico City on April 14, 2014

I moved from a 2002 BMW 530i to this mint Buick Verano. Specially what made me choose it was the smooth ride provided by its multilink suspension. i drive this car in Mexico City where roads are not exactly in great comdition, bumps everywhere, potholes and all that jazz, and the Buick has been a great performer in comfort and acceleration needs. I can be 2 hours in traffic with no fatigue, the Bose Sound system makes the time enjoyable. I am changing it this year to a nice 2013 Lacrosse, thanks to a dealer's mega-deal on a left over due to the release of the 2014, if it wasn't for that, this Verano was to keep for 10 years. I absolutely got married to the brand. By the way, I do not miss any feature or aspect on the BMW. That's much to say in favor of Buick!.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Value I have owned

by From BMW to Buick from Mexico City on June 25, 2013

Thinking on what car I would replace my old 2002 530i, I was looking for power, comfort, reliability, maintenance cost, and luxury. After test driving several brands, including premium brands which of course offered what I wanted, price was reaching the sky. But Buick was able to offer me all of these aspects, without penalty to the overall quality of the car, including interior materials, which are soft to the touch (an aspect I would miss from my old Beemer). I was tempted to jump up to the Regal, but it did not offer the rear view camera, nor the lane-change alerts lights on the side mirrors. Bottom line: Buick is offering luxury, quality, handling, power, and a cost effective car, with great warranty at a very reasonable price, which competes for sure with premium brands on their entry levels. But with far more detail and equipment on this nice Verano. Totally suggested!.

Smooth ride

by average joe from Colorado Springs, CO on February 15, 2014

I have owned the 2013 Buick Verano for approximately a few weeks now and I love this car. I previously owned a 2009 Jetta Volkswagen which I considered to be a smooth and quiet ride but let me tell you that the Verano not only kept quieter but did so at higher speeds and through rugged terrain. I have already put about 3k miles on this car traveling state to state and back and the Verano kept quiet at high speeds as well as low. The pros of this car are its obvious smooth and quiet drive on most terrains as well as the extras that come as standard for the vehicle (ie. rear view camera, wireless media connector, Bose speaker system, remote start) the cons are the lack of automatic adjustable seat and the average mpg. The pros highly outweighed the trivial cons though and I believe I made the best choice.

great car

by adisa from new york city on August 22, 2013

suggest you test drive the car and make your on decision that what sold me. The acceleration is awesome, the seats are comfortable and the sound system is good.

JUST BOUGHT IT, XLNT SO FAR

by MIDNIGHTER from Ridgecrest, Ca. on August 19, 2013

Replacing a Pont. Bonneville that was great and lasted 183k miles and was still ready for more. Decided to replace it and went for the Regal or the Verano. Wanted equal power as the Pontiac so we went for the Verano Turbo. If you buy one and you should, be sure to get the Turbo because it makes passing on those lonely two lane highways no big problem anymore. We love it so far and will have to see if it can get the 30 mpgs on the highway(which is what it claims). Check with me in about a year and I can give you a better Review. By the way it uses Regular gas and costs less than 30K $$$$$$$$$$!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7