NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2019 Bolt EV

2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV

2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV

Have You Driven the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV?

Best vehicle I have ever owned

by Ken Y from Laurel, MD on Thu Sep 27 2018

No oil changes, no gas stations, quiet, smooth, sporty, etc. etc. I have owned many cars over the years but this is the best one yet. One year and 10,500 miles and this vehicle still puts a smile on my face. Taking care of the environment never felt so good!

My first electric

by Kwh watcher from Milwaukee, Wi on Fri Dec 07 2018

This is the perfect car for us. We never travel very long distances so having a 200 plus mileage range is good. Love recharging overnite in the garage always starting out with a full charge. No oil changes ever, no radiator fluid to worry about, or a transmission to fail. The brakes should last forever because we always use regeneration. That took a little getting used to but all is fine now. Sure it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of a luxury car but what a hoot to drive, love it!

:You can't get there from Here!

by Barb from Rochester, NY on Wed May 08 2019

I was bound and determined to get from Rochester, NY to my sister’s in New Jersey in my Bolt about 350 miles! In late April, my car’s upper range is now charging to 279 miles! Woo Hoo! Medium range about 237 and lower 194. So I decided to see about my trip to New Jersey. Here are some of the lessons I learned along the way. Lesson No. 1: Fast Charges are few and far between! I started by calling Chevy Dealerships in Syracuse, Cortland and Binghamton. None had a fast charge and they weren’t any help and didn’t offer to help me locate dealers that may have one. I downloaded apps for ChargeHub, EVgo, Charge Point, Blink, myChevrolet and Greenlots. They were not very consistent with each other in listing stations. Some listed private charging stations which were no help to me. My favorite map was ChargeHub. But I was glad I had EVgo because I that was the brand at one of my stops. As I mentioned earlier, there is only one public fast charge available in the Greater Rochester Area. There is a Fast Charge Desert between Rochester and Albany. The closest Fast Charge to Rochester traveling East is in the Hannaford Market in Guilderland NY about 216 miles away. The closest station was the Chevrolet Dealership in Elmira NY, 118 miles away. I decided to head to Elmira to be on the safe side from there I planned to reach NJ via Route 360 South to Elmira and Binghamton, 81 South from Binghamton to Rt. 380 (bypassing Scranton) to a final stop on route 80 East. Lesson No. 2: 90 Miles in 30 minutes is a myth! When I got to the Elmira station, there was a car blocking the fast charge. SURPRISE! ! I went into the service counter and asked if someone could help me connect to the fast charge. The service counter person responded “well I don’t know anything about that I can’t help you”. “Well you better, I need to use it and get to NJ”. He finally found someone in the service bay who met me at the charge, with a pal who grudgingly moved the truck. He had a key but had never used the charge before. We were both surprised that getting back to 80% charge would take me over an hour. He didn’t understand that one, neither did I. But hey, it was my big adventure, and it was a nice day so I took a walk and read my book. Lesson No. 3: You’re kind of on your own! My next stop was the Southern Tier Visitors Center south of Binghamton. Funny thing about this stop was that you couldn’t access it from Rt. 81 South. So I had to pass it, and turn around at the next exit about 6 miles away and get access it from 81 North. It is a very nice rest stop with two fast ports. But, no one knew how to work them! The young lady at the Information Desk said “I don’t know anything about it”, they just put it in and left”. Finally, the maintenance guy and the coffee lady came out and together we figured it out! High Fives all around and I was even offered a cup of coffee while I waited another hour or so. The last stop on Route 80 was at the Holiday Inn at Budd Lake. Here the restaurant Chef and I figured out the charging station. Which cost $13.00 on my EVgo account and took about 45 minutes. I made it to Allendale New Jersey with miles to spare! The trip home was easier, as I was leaving with a full charge and went directly to Binghamton via Route 17. From there it was back to the Elmira Chevrolet and home. Only two stops with 50 miles left. Conclusions? Don’t get me wrong, I love my Chevy Bolt – and the idea of no emissions! However, I don’t think Chevrolet supports this car. I couldn’t do this trip on a Sunday or after dealership hours. It is also my experience that neither the salespersons nor the service people know anything about the car. When I bought the car I was told it would be no problem charging on the go. Seeing EV chargers around town I believed him. Later I learned that the EV chargers we see at libraries and municipalities usually are slow chargers, meaning they will charge from 5-12 miles an hour. Honestly I don’t even see the point of these as you would need a few hours at least to get the mileage it took to get there. Finally, being a proud optimist, I do believe in electric cars. I hope that in the future the companies will agree on a universal connector, inform their sales people who can advise buyers of the pros and cons of their vehicle. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the adventure!

EV from here on out

by pomberita from La Crosse, WI on Mon Jan 07 2019

The Bolt EV is the most fun and reliable car I have driven. It is intuitive, quick and nimble, and has a wealth of nice add-on features like heated seats and steering wheel, one pedal driving, and hands free features. The seats aren't as comfortable as one would expect for an almost $40,000 car, and the interior is similarly not as upscale as it could be, but the functionality more than makes up for those things. I don't commute very far and am able to use trickle charge at home with no range anxiety.

Lots of zip, and great safety features

by Psychwoman from Waynesville, NC on Tue Dec 18 2018

Handles well. Fun to drive. Love the remote start on cold mornings, the heated seats and heated steering wheel,The right thing to do. Even better, charge it with solar panels and “stick it” to big oi. l

We waited for more range

by Napaviner from Napavine, WA on Sat Jan 26 2019

We had a Leaf and my wife was the primary driver. We knew she was retiring and the 75 miles range wouldn't work any longer and as planned, we gave it back after a two year lease. We credit it for telling us that an electric would be for us as soon as the range was enough to get us from our home to the Portland airport and back home without recharging. (160 miles) Then came the Bolt, claiming 238 miles range. We figured that even if they were cheating on the claim it would probably make the 160. We have made that trip 4 times now and even in the cold weather it makes the trip with 30 miles to spare. Be aware that using the heater in cold weather subtracts about 10% of the range. Like the Leaf, it is smoothe, quiet, powerful and we like it a lot. Do get a home 220v charger, though. Your car will be fully charged every morning. The expected range indicated on the screen on the dash is pretty accurate.

Best EV so far

by Old Geek Dad from Burien on Fri Feb 15 2019

This is my 3rd EV and the best so far. Great range, power, comfort, reliability and the size is great for in town and OK for a road trip with 2 or 3 people. We have owned the car for 1 year 17,000 miles. I feel more comfortable doing long trips with this Bolt than the 2015 leaf we had before because of the battery temperature management system. The battery management and conditioning also helps with cold weather performance. If a Tesla Model 3 with the same equipment existed I would pay a couple thousand more for a Bolt. The Tesla is more like an electric "yank tank" The Bolt is definitely an electric "Hot Hatch". I do wish the Bolt Would: Come with tires that have more grip than steel and wood wagon wheels or have all wheel drive. [Stock high fuel economy tires suck in the rain] You could add adaptive cruise control without paying for the next trim level. The rear seats folded into a flat cargo area. The no grip stock tires and high torque motor do work great for smokey burnouts so you can buy tires that won't kill you that much sooner.

Love driving fuel free

by MacGyver's Wife from Grand Rapids, Ohio on Wed Apr 17 2019

After owning two Volts and loving them, I was ready to go all electric and the Bolt EV fit my needs. With a range of roughly 235 miles between charging, it more than suits my lifestyle. The torque is incredible and the ride is excellent with the Premier trim. The seats are much better in the Premier. The 360 camera view really comes in handy as does the review mirror camera. There is plenty of headroom and legroom for my family and that's saying a lot since we are all 6' tall or taller. There isn't a lot of storage behind the back seats but if you utilize the space under the false floor, it's really quite impressive. I have installed Level 2 charging at my house so I can charge overnight. I'm so glad I made the leap to all electric. I'm also able to take advantage of the federal tax credit for electric vehicles which makes it even more affordable.

best car ever owned

by EVAN from Syracuse/Ny on Wed May 15 2019

This is my 2nd Bolt, must fun/reliable car I’ve ever had. This is the highest tech car at this price point. It truly is a smart car, pleasure to use daily. 25 words won’t do justice.

An Electrifying Experience

by Granite Statement from Orange, NH on Sun Apr 21 2019

This is an amazing car. Fun to drive and excellent handling. No issues with battery range covering the State from one end to the other. Comfortable and quiet. One-pedal driving is a piece of cake and gets you way over the rated range. Appreciate the many safety features such as in lane reminders, distance warnings and blind spot alerts. The acceleration is fantastic—0 to 60 in six seconds. Chevrolet hit this one out of the park. Can’t wait to see what’s next (GM, if you’re reading this I could really use an EV van).

1 2 3 4