2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

5 Speed Manual LS

by from New Jersey on May 17, 2010

Very nice little car, simple and fun to drive. Rather quick (8.0sec 0-60mph) with the 5 speed, plenty of pickup to navigate around traffic. Very high gas mileage if I don't drive it to hard, it is a very fun little car though, so Gas mileage is about 27-28 overall. 37-40+ is easily achieved by taking it easy and coasting around. The styling on the coupe is fantastic, very minimal but good lines and attractive rear end. I don't care much for the 4-door's taillights or body lines though. Nice layout for controls. Interior materials feel a bit cheap overall but expected for economy car. Interior a bit low for taller drivers, but back seat is rather roomy for a coupe. Overall very satisfied with the value.

Piles of Fun to drive!

by from Pittsburgh, PA on July 20, 2013

I recently bought a 2008 Chevy Cobalt used with 60,000 miles on it. This car vastly exceeds my expectations of economy car performance! The leather seats are incredibly comfortable for long and short rides and the car has a fantastic turning radius. The cobalt practically eliminates all parking difficulties even in the most cramped of spaces. The manual gears are very forgiving and allow for sudden slow downs without major issue. Also, the 2 side back seats (while a bit hard to get into) have ample legroom for adults. The sound system is very good and creates an excellent listening experience (none of the tinny sound common to most cars) The only negative things are: the car is very noisy, especially in the rear seats and, the gearshift is a bit far back (it knocks my elbow when I use it). I would absoulutely recommend the cobalt to anyone looking for an economy car that provides a fun-to-drive experience both in the city and on the highway. It never feels underpowered and turns like a dream.

Chevy Cobalt is an awesome car!!!

by from Caribou, ME on December 10, 2013

I bought a 2008 Cobalt used with around 15000 miles on it. The car is manual shift with the 2.2 liter engine and now has 102,000 miles on it. Over the years the only money I have had to put in this car was a set of 4 summer tires and a set of 4 winter tires. I recently went for inspection and was told I needed front rotors and brake pads. I could hardly believe it took 102,000 miles to wear them out, this is almost unheard of. The cheaper speakers in the doors had to be replaced after they stopped working, I found a set on ebay for around $20 and replacing them was simple. Also the drivers side door lock button stopped working after I left the windows down in the rain one too many times, another cheap fix. Overall a great little car and great gas mileage. I would highly recommend this car to anyone that doesn't want to break the bank. Chevy has outdone themselves and exceeded my expectations for an affordable ride.

2008 Cobalt

by from Roebling,NJ on November 29, 2013

I bought this car for my daughter,I also own one that I drive both of them 2008 .Both cars had bad lower control arm bushings,not expensive to fix .Mine is manuel trans, which I love, my daughters is automatic which gets alittle less gas milage and theres no way to check fluid level. Both cars run great, have been very reliable,and get great gas millage.Mine averages 29mpg and my daughters averages 23mpg

Awesome Car

by from Bellport NY on June 6, 2009

I had the 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC and when I traded in for this car I forgot I even had my other car. Definitely worth the money.

Great Deal!

by from Southern Utah on August 2, 2010

I was extremely pleased when I found my cobalt on cars.com. It was exactly what I was looking for - economical, practical, good handling and the perfect price! THANK YOU cars.com!

over all its great

by from Wausau, WI on November 3, 2009

good price, great milage. not bad for the long trips either. a little more power wouldn't hurt but overall the car is worth the money

Love it!

by from Indianapolis on September 11, 2013

Easy to park, small yet roomy. Cute car! I got mine dark red and year 2008. I love the features and it has awesome gas mileage!!!

good cobolt

by from on August 7, 2013

Great car so far. Just purchased two months ago! Nice styling. Good gas mileage. Love the color. silver

Lucy on the Go!

by from Greenfield Indiana on October 20, 2011

i love this car she is so fun to drive I call it my speedy little smart car wonderful on gas and looks pretty to.could have mor back seat room but hey who cares I'm the driver. I would tell anyone to buy this car I was gonna get the g6 but this car was better on everything and the price was better as well!

Similar Models