Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Cobalt

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

4.2

Have You Driven the 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt?

Lucy on the Go!

by Lucy from Greenfield Indiana on Thu Oct 20 2011

i love this car she is so fun to drive I call it my speedy little smart car wonderful on gas and looks pretty to.could have mor back seat room but hey who cares I'm the driver. I would tell anyone to buy this car I was gonna get the g6 but this car was better on everything and the price was better as well!

over all its great

by jmoney from Wausau, WI on Tue Nov 03 2009

good price, great milage. not bad for the long trips either. a little more power wouldn't hurt but overall the car is worth the money

Great Deal!

by busylady from Southern Utah on Mon Aug 02 2010

I was extremely pleased when I found my cobalt on cars.com. It was exactly what I was looking for - economical, practical, good handling and the perfect price! THANK YOU cars.com!

2.4L Sport Coupe - Fun!!!

by Muscle Car Guy in a Hybrid World from Virginia on Tue Jan 28 2014

This is the Sport with the 2.4 engine, upgraded suspension and fog lights in the front bumper. Looks a lot like the SS - costs half as much. Bought this used in 2012 with 36,000 miles. We drive our cars a lot, so it now has just over 106,000 miles and still running strong. Only repairs we've made were a parking brake lever that bent where the cable connects to it (our driveway is on a hill so we use it everyday) Had to have rear brake calipers replaced at around 60k miles. One front wheel bearing. Car gets 28 mpg avg, corners like it's on rails and has more than enough power to get out of it's own way. I've surprised some tuner punks with it a few times. It's nowhere near as fast as the SS, but for the price point, great value. Not the most comfortable interior. Stiff seats, lots of hard plastic. Love the upgraded Pioneer stereo with the 6 CD changer and subwoofer in the trunk. Best factory system I've ever had. My wife drove it for the most part, but we're getting a new Cherokee, so I get the cobalt. I'm actually a little excited about it. My 45-60 minute commute to work involves a good stretch of twisty hilly road. This thing is a blast to run through there. Gotta find a way to make it more comfortable though. Wish the automatic would let you shift through all of the gears though. You get D, I (intermediate which is 2nd and 3rd) and L.

Best looking and reliable car

by Sportslover88 from Rochester ny on Tue Mar 20 2018

This car is perfect for someone looking for a nice sporty feel and does t need to much room for passengers. It drives great and has great heat and ac

2008 Cobalt Sport Coupe

by matty2good from milwaukee,WI on Tue Mar 18 2008

I bought this car after trading in my 2005 Chevy Colorado. That was a great truck for me but since I live in Milwaukee having only RWD in the snow and not the greates gas mileage, I had to get rid of it. I got a great deal on my trade in for my truck, which was nice. The sticker for my 2008 Cobalt Sport was $21,630 MSRP. I got the vehicle at supply cost which was $16,225, which is WAY under invoice price. I always do my homework before I buy a new vehicle. The car is loaded due to it being a sport. 2.4 4cyl is very quick and i am suprised I saw that since I always owned 6cyl cars. It came with the sunroof, spoiler, 17 inch rims, CD, XM, Onstar, keyless entry and remote start. The ride is very smooth and I feel like it is a sports car. I only have 850 miles on it so far but am happy. Gas mileage is about 24 City and 32 Hwy, so far. Overall I am getting about 28.5 mpg on average. That may go up since I am still in the "break in" period. The interior, I think is sporty, radio is easy to use and controls are also on my steering wheel, which is nice. It also has an auxillary port to plug in my Blackberry for music. I sort of disagree with people that say the back seat is too small. The seatbelts un latch from the front seats in less then 2 seconds so getting in and out of the rear is very easy. Plus the front seats come up and lean forward quite a bit to allow better access. The back seat is a bench not bucket seats like my older 2001 Cougar. That was rough getting in and out, plus you could only have 4 people total in that car. this car reminds me alot of my 2001 Cougar, which I also loved by the way. The exterior on the Cobalt sport is HOT! I got black and I tinted the windows. Along witht he rims and spoiler, it looks fast. I have had the car only 2.5 weeks and have gotten about a dozen looks already. The one thing I noticed before I bought this car was the reviews both consumer and professional. The 2005 got horrible reviews and that year car had alot of problems. Every year the Cobalt went up in overall satisfaction. Overall it is a great car, best of all an American made Chevy. I would definetly reccomend this car.

I can't imagine spending 5500 more for a Honda

by 2DeepInIt from Cbus, OH on Mon Jun 23 2008

I wanted a Civic when I began my search for a new car, but quickly found that with the basic options I wanted and no offers or haggling being allowed I was going to be at 21,500 for a 4 cylinder LX Civic after taxes. I could not believe it. Looked around at the Corrolla, 3, and then started looking at cheaper models like the Yaris, Fit, and other cars that were in my eyes junk and still expensive. Needless to say I was very upset. I wasn't thinking at all about a Chevy let alone a Cobalt until I drove past a car dealership and saw one in front. I thought what the heck, lets try it out. Not knowing what the bottom line was I was skeptical but it drove great and felt different than the Cavalier I owned years ago. It felt like an import! I drove it around ran it like it was stolen testing everything I thought it would lack, and found nothing. The Civic did handle a little better but the ride was more comfortable in the Cobalt. It already had all of the options I wanted. I figured ok here we go. Bottom line I walked out with this car for under 15k before taxes with the rebates. I get great MPG, XM, Alloys, spoiler, abs, driver info center, mp3 input, auto trans, auto windows & locks, AC, just a great car. I am so happy that I saved my money and didn't just give up to get a Civic that I could afford. This is a G E M gem that will not be around forever. Best car you can get for the money.

Great Little Car

by Mandy from Fort Wayne, IN on Wed May 12 2010

This car is roomy enough for 4 adults. I have a 08 Cobalt LT and love the all the options. The 4 cylinder engine also makes it great on gas!

I Love my Cobalt!

by Bandit Rosy from Langley, BC on Mon Mar 26 2018

I have had many different cars and even though the Cobalt is not a top of the line model I like it better than most of the cars I have driven. Of course I have to leave out the Mercedes and the Audi I had while I lived in Europe but over all my little Cobalt has been fun to drive, great on fuel mileage, reliable, comfortable and easy to park. Plus it has much more get up and go than you would ever expect from a 2.0 L I4 SC LSJ 205 hp engine with an automatic transmission. I am currently in the market for a new car but I will keep my Cobalt as a run around town car.

Our first new car

by the Builder from Sidney, NY on Thu Jan 03 2008

My wife and I at first looked for a decent used vehicle to replace our 'beat to death' '94 cavalier. But then my wife instantly fell in love with an '08 imperial blue, 5-speed with the built in XM. After just 4000 miles we decided that the Cobalt was the best purchase we could have made, not only for the price but for the looks, performance and reliability during these cold and unforgiving North-east winters. I am a contractor and currently own several cars and trucks, and I am Proud to say that they are all Chevys. And my wife and I are more than happy with with our decision to add the '08 Cobalt to our garage.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8