2012 Impala

2012 Chevrolet Impala

2012 Chevrolet Impala

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Chevrolet Impala?

My fifth Impala

by Safety Enthusiast from Loudon, TN on Tue Mar 27 2012

This is my fifth Impala and each one has been good with steady improvements in amenities. I drove this car before I bought it. It handles well, has good visibility in all directions. The 6 speed transmission performs well, but does have a tendency to be slow to downshift when necessary. Good electronics. This one is the LT, which is what I have bought in past years. Good value for the price.

2012 LTZ - Love love love this car

by J-Rod from Valley Center, KS on Sat Apr 02 2016

I bought my 2012 LTZ in July of 2013 with 12K on it. It now has 60K and other than an issue with an O2 sensor causing the check engine light to come on, the only thing that I have done to the car is replace the tires. (The tires were good, but I'm not a Goodyear fan, and the more miles I put on it, the noisier they seemed to get). I now run Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires on it... THEY ARE LIKE GLUE in ice and wet roads!! I commute about 20 miles one way every day into the Wichita Metro and love how this thing will just coast down the freeway at 80 mph like nothing is in it's way! This is my second Impala. I traded in my 05 LS with 178K and the 3.8 V6, this 3.6 V6 has so much more pep than that old 3.8 steady eddy. I have noticed that this car doesn't get as good of gas mileage, however, it's so sporty I like the "rumble" it gives when you really push it!

love it

by nana from austin tx on Tue Sep 24 2013

I have a fully loaded impala and love every minute in it remote start and sun roof sure do come in handy especially with the Texas heat

Very good , Reliable automobile

by DrDave from Walnut Creek, CA on Wed Apr 01 2015

I bought the car used at 12000 miles and no have 46000 miles on it The car is VERY comfortable to drive and handles very well on highways and streets. Braking is very good with 4 wheel dic brakes and the 3.6 variable valve engine says it is suppose to get 30 mpg on the highway but in reality I constantly get 32 mpg on the freeway and 27 mpg in Californi Commute traffic. Comfort is great and on a hot day the air conditioning will keep you comfortable. The mechanical aspects of the car such as 6 speed auto trans and the Direct injection, variable valve engine , with coil over plug ignition gives you perfect acceleration and not lacking for power when entering the freeway. The airbags keep you safe and plenty of interior room and fold down back seat to make the truck longer for transporting more supplies etc. VERY quiet interior and the Bose stereo is really nice. The main thing is the cost to maintain is very minimum compared to other cars its size . Love to drive this car especially to see the kids as it gets you there without feeling beat up or cramped. .

Love it !!!!

by Meemee from Pikeville, Ky on Sun Mar 30 2014

This is the first 4 door car I have owned in years. I was always a SUV girl......until gas got so ridiculous. I took my time and researched many mid size sedans and my 2012 Impala won the challenge. I love everything about it. Backseat lets down for extra cargo room. My 10 year old loves all the room he has in the backseat. Aluminum 17 inch wheels and spoiler and to its sporty design. Handles like a dream. Test drive one and you will be sold as well....thank.

A car for a tall guy!

by SARGE from Hadley, Mi on Tue Dec 17 2013

I am 6-7, and have been searching the internet for a car with leg room. The Sonata was supposed to have the most leg room, but after driving it for an hour, my legs were sore. The dealer suggested the Impala, after driving it, I was sold. The console is not so huge that it hits me in the leg like most cars. I do not like the exterior styling on the 2012, but the 2014 is nice. Gas mileage for a large car is quite good, around 30 so far, mostly highway. The interior is kinda blah, but the leg room makes it worth it for me.

excellent car for the money

by srt259 from fall river, kansas on Tue Nov 19 2013

always been a GM guy but after looking at the 2014 impala deciede on a used one instead. the front end on the 14 is awsome but the rearend is.... well they just blew it.. so we bought a 2012 at a very good price and it was gm certified so with the car only having 11,000 miles i have 3 years and 37,000 miles of warranty.would reccomend any one looking for a impala to get a 23 or 13, they don't have headrest in back seat in middleand gives better view.

Good Old Honest to Goodness

by warner4692 on Thu Aug 10 2017

The 2012 Chevy Impala is a value car. I ended up with it because the '16 Cruze that I had was too expensive once I cut down to one job. And having driven the '14 V6 for about half a year, I knew the powertrain was efficient and reliable, so I wanted to get it again. And I came on a well-priced 2012 in a cool dark blue color. The 2012 model isn't as flashy as the 2014 and on is, but it's got its own charms. There's something very angular and confident about its stance, and its slightly sportier looks over the 2006-'11 years are enough to be noticeable. Nice rear spoiler and 17-inch aluminum wheels. Rides off the ground with plenty of height, and presents a solid appearance. Large, practical, visible lights are a credit. Nothing too fancy. On the inside, its faux-wood trim adds some dimension, and there is some softer-touch material higher up on the door that gives a little extra niceness to the comfortable environment. Mine is an LT with the five-seater configuration and ebony cloth; a plus for me because of the warmth and support of it. Side bolstering is a little weak, and the manual seatback adjuster could use a little in-between on its usual settings. Steering wheel tilt is the most useful and easy-to-adjust I've ever seen, though. In back, there's room a plenty, and a cupholder in the middle. The seat folds down to extend the trunk; I wish it would 60/40, but I'm not likely to need anymore than the huge trunk. Controls are real simple, and substantial. As is the overall build quality. The stereo can be a little weak, though, when using the aux port. But the instrumentation is great, and looks sharp, and changes to meet changing conditions quickly. Special kudos to the way Chevy managed to fit so many of the features of newer, complicated touchscreen radios into such a simple, button-based system. Driving is very smooth, and effortless. The engine sound is a little more visceral in this model than in the 2014, and is programmed to bring on the output a little sooner on the rev band, too. It's not a rip-roaring V8, but the 300-horsepower is plenty to get up and moving from a stand-still or when already crusing. Merging and passing are easy and even a little fun. The transmission is quick on the shift, and does not need to hunt for gears much when changing speeds or terrains frequently. Gas mileage is excellent; I drive mostly country roads, and have had no trouble matching the 29, 30 MPG estimated. With some added days of city driving, mileage drops to 28; the lowest I've had according to my mileage app is 28.15. It's pretty good on the oil usage, too. I really appreciate the hydraulic power steering system; it transmits more feel from the road, and makes the turning feel more pleasantly hefty. Which is good because the handling is pretty mushy. I prefer the extra softness of the ride for my area's bouncy back roads -- something the Cruze kind of struggled with -- so I'll take a slightly slower turning. Road and wind and tire noise is pretty well insulated against. My 2014 did slightly better with this, but I can hold real hushed conversations with my ride mates in this one. I've thankfully been blessed to never have to test the safety features, but this Impala has good credentials. Six airbags in the most critical places, steel reinforcement around the cabin... Stability and traction control is responsive and effective. Have had to use the anti-lock disc brakes a few times, and I can attest for the smooth way they work. Safety tests are good at four stars even under the recent stricter testing system. I'm confident and comfortable with it in this regard. And for those who feel so inclined, it does offer OnStar. I'm glad I bought this car. It put me in a more spacious, comfortable, reliable car than I could have otherwise afforded. And the quality of its powertrain is excellent; a lot more power for not a lot of extra gas or oil. Okay, so its not flashy; you can find sportier lookers and sharper handlers for the price. But the Impala is solid, good quality. And for a used car, it's a real deal.

Better than the BMW I drive for work

by Genericname from Lawrence, KS on Sun Jun 25 2017

Has around 125k on it so far and it's still running smoothly. Sleek inside and out, well put together

Stay away

by alsWV from Montreal on Fri Apr 27 2018

The only thing I like about this car is the engine. V6 3.6 L 300 hp, beautiful engine, BUT all other parts are just crap. I bought my 2012 Chevy impala in 2013 (it had 40,000 miles on it), I added only 53437 Miles during those 6 years: In 6 years, I had to replace the following: Water pump, 3 batteries, brake pads and rotors 4 times!!!, stability &traction control issues, bearings two times for the front wheels, abs wiring harness, front wheel rod, transmission oil leak, wheel suspension spring, rear exhaust heat shield replacement....) I SOLD IT TODAY

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10