2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

My first truck

by from Iowa on May 20, 2012

I searched for several months before making this purchase and was leaning heavily towards the F-150 FX4 model at my local dealership. I was days away from committing and saw an ad at the competitor for a lightly used LTZ 1500 Silverado. Went there, checked out several 1500's and the LTZ stuck. So far I've towed several lawn mowers (light loads), numerous cords of wood (love the spray in bedliner) and a car a few times. Braking was my only concern so far and as long as you know what the vehicle is capable of, you shouldn't have any issues. The interior is quiet, comfortable and somewhat intuitive. I have let my wife drive while I ride passenger and I miss having a flip up/down arm rest. If this is my biggest complaint, it must be decent. Exterior so far is good except the rear bumper doesn't handle low speed impact well. Insurance fixed my wifes discovery. I like the appearance of the truck except the plastic-chrome trim. Real chrome is still made somewhere right? Engine (5.3L with flex option) pulls just fine and accellerates when the skinny pedal is mashed. First few tanks through the engine netted me about 18 mpg. I started conserving (cruising 5mph below speed limits) and scored a smidge over 20 mpg. Switching to an aftermarket air filter and trying the flex fuel (E85) this last tank resulted in nearly 18 mpg so while the fuel is cheaper, the result is not worth the difference in price (miles per dollar slightly dropped). Being my first truck, I can't compare it to others myself, but I am pleased with it.

Uses car for Towing

Hard Working Truck

by from Rochester, MN. on March 21, 2015

I have a 2010 LT with the 4.8L engine, 4x2. Let me start off by saying this truck is very tough and the engines these come with are super reliable and that's why they kept the 5.3 into the newer trucks (granted the 4.8 is discontinued, it is basically a 5.3 with a smaller bore). The truck is comfortable with my leather seats and it rides very well. The only gripe I have with this truck is the flimsy cheap plastic on the interior. It looks so cheap so I put a dash kit on to cover the black with a silver harder material and it does very well. The gas mileage isn't great, but you're buying a truck so lets be real, if you wanted mileage, buy a Prius. Other than that, it tows great, has the power when you want it, and so far the body is holding up very well with no rust or hard wear. Buy it and you won't be disappointed. If you want disappointment, buy a Ford.

Well put together

by from Derry, NH on April 27, 2011

Well, it has been over a year and about 31,000 miles for my LT with the interior and exterior accessory packages. Only complaints are the 6 speed transmition can be a bit sluggish with the highway pickup. The truck hassitates a bit when you gotta get up and go. But when it goes, it goes. Other critisizm would be about the cheap metal panels. Don't try to stand on the bedrails of this bad-larry. These bedrails are FOR LOOKS ONLY. Same for the side panels. Otherwise it's a really nice ride. The All-Wheel Drive option is a great feature and the Stability Control performs great in snowy and icy conditions. The instruments are conveniently placed and the seats feel like couches. With 10,000 mile oil changes and 100,000mile tune-ups I feel like GM really took a step up when the redesigned their trucks.

Took Over Payments

by from Orange, CA on October 9, 2011

I made the mistake of cosigning for my bro-in-law... and when he couldn't keep up with the payments I inherited the truck. . . had always driven Ford, but honestly, I was pleasantly surprised. The 5.3L V8 IS STRONG LIKE BULL and the Interior Trim doesn't have any of that fake burl wood garbage- VERY CLEAN BLACK AND STAINLESS STEEL LOOK LOVE MY BOWTIE!

Awesome Truck

by from Lakeland, FL on February 27, 2012

I have been looking for this truck for months. Test drove a few. All of them were solid and very impressed with the power and comfort of the Chevy Silverado. I got the 2010 because of the low mileage.

wonderful truck owner

by from apple creek, ohio on May 12, 2014

this truck rides as nice as my malibu did, like sitting up and being atop of things,everything is right at my finger tips for control. the cab is so roomy and big, makes you feel safe. the on star is a must and have already used it. if comfort your looking for this is the truck for you ! the sales person ERIC was very courtious and got me exactly what i needed. it was done in a very timely manner. Eric showed me around the dealership and introduced me to all departments, I will diffenitly reccomend Eric and Serpintini to all my friends and family.

Great truck all around

by from Bozeman, MT on March 7, 2011

I love the look and performance. Ive got the 6.2 V8 and it really hauls. Comfortable and roomy Id recommend it to anyone needing a capable truck.

MOST FAVORITE TRUCK

by from IOWA on December 14, 2015

THIS IS MY 4TH SILVERADO AND BY FAR MY MOST FAVORITE. PLENTY OF POWER TO PULL MY 23 FT BOAT, LOSTS OF ROOM INSIDE (AND I'M A BIG GUY) AND RUNS AND LOOKS GREAT TOO.

Uses car for Towing

Love my Silverado

by from Birmingham, Al on January 22, 2015

For many years I drove an Astro Van. When it wore out completely in 2010 they were no longer being made. I was quite apprehensive about buying a truck as I had never owned one. One week after I had purchased my truck I had fallen in love. It now has 80,000 mile on it and the first real money I have had to spend (besides tires) are to have the transmission fluid changed. Been a great truck. LOVE IT.

most reliable car I've ever bought

by from Deer, AR on April 26, 2017

My fiance is a huge ford fan and i had this truck when we got together. Needless to say he likes chevy's now too.

Our Expert Review: 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500