2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2010 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
Explore the 2010 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
Shop the 2010 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
4.3

Upgraded to the truck I've always wanted.

Bought a cheap small sedan to get me by for a few years, and when it was finally time to upgrade I found myself a Silverado 1500. Take care of this truck and it will take care of you for a long time.

4.3

So far, so good.

The truck has what we need to pull our camper. It has the bigger v8 engine with heavy duty tow package. Can't wait to get out on the road.

3.4

Sam's Chevy

This truck met all my work needs. And i like to travel somtimes. And the space comes in handy cause its a 4 door. I love my truck

Love my new truck

I've only had it a week but all seems great fully loaded to the max very comfortable , free onstar and Sirius xm radio sounds great on the Bose premium sound

Customizable for sure.

I bought my 10 used with 13k miles on it. It now has 190k. Switched out the engine at 130k cause it was cheaper getting a new crate engine than the work to needed and was covered by extended warranty. I have had some customization done with the interior due to Harvy. After market air intake and exhaust. Looks great with stock paint (Metallic Black). Just keep up with maintenance. I use royal purple for oil changes I do myself every 6 months. Have had work done to suspension but due to 4" lift I added in 2019. Dogs love it with extend a bed. I tie them in up to it and let them get as much tongue in the wind as they can get.

My Dream Truck - a Silver newer Silverado

Built truck. Solid. Powerful. "Chevy: Like a Rock"!!...I bought his truck lightly used at 80K miles for business (work) and pleasure. It will more than fit my needs. thanks... - DTM

Meets all of my needs

Love the truck. Does everything I need it to do. Handling is so much better than my last truck. Really enjoyed so far. Will do business with Josh again in the future.

3.6

Good looking but not dependable

2010 Silverado lt crew cab short box z71 5.3l I bought the truck with 64k on it, I got about 30k with minor problems ( power steering line o ring leaking, radio went out, had to clean the throttle body) after that the truck was no longer my pride and joy. I am a diesel mechanic so I maintained the truck routinely at 5k instead of the rediculous 10k that the oil life light would come on. The truck used oil from day one about a quart in-between oil changes. I had a lifter go out which resulted in camshaft damage. After a long weekend of replacing the camshaft and lifters I decided to turn off the afm system which I thought would prevent this from happening again. After that I had random spark plugs cracking the porcelain every so often started at 97k. This proceded for the rest of my time owning the vehicle I never ended up finding the problem. I ended up traded the truck in for a family car for my wife after starting to hear the lifters tap again at 156k. At this point I was just done with the truck. The good things I can say about it was it was a very good looking truck, rode very smooth and quiet in the cab. Very comfortable although I wish it would have had a telescoping steering wheel ( I'm 6' with long legs and short arms) Plenty of power even with 308 gears and 33s although the diablo sport tuner did wake the truck up. towing was good, the most capable bad road condition vehicle I have ever owned. stock sound system was good. All and all I would not recommend this truck to anyone. I have owned a 95 &94 Silverados with good luck but not the nnbs. My work has a 2009 with 310k on it with original motor and drivetrain with the lifters replaced once. My boss has a 2012 GMC with the same motor that's on its second motor at almost 300k so it's a common problem but some people get luckier than others. Sorry this is so long but hey hopefully if you finished reading this I saved you some frustration and money cheers.

4.4

A Very Good Truck for Work or Play

I inherited this truck from my father. I have never been a big Chevrolet man as my father was. But, I have to say I am impressed with this truck. It is tough, powerful and just a big truck that so many people like. I'm really impressed with the overall style of this truck. It attracts many looks as I drive down the street. Like most Chevrolets, this one had an issue with the old check engine light. I had two CEL after taking possession in December 2018. They were minor and were checked out (one was a battery going dead and the other was bad gas). One thing, insofar as power, I had over 600lbs of chicken feed loaded in the truck to help out a farmer I know. I had to keep checking in the bed to make sure it was there. The truck performed like there was nothing in the bed. Very powerful truck.

4.0

GREAT VEHICLE FOR NEXT OWNER

FYI: This was our son's truck... he could no longer make the payments, so we are having to sell it because we do not need an additional vehicle.