Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Sonic

2014 Chevrolet Sonic

2014 Chevrolet Sonic

Have You Driven the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic?

Practical Suburb Car

by Practical Suburb Car from Houston, TX on Sun Feb 09 2014

We were looking for a inexpensive, compact, comfortable, efficient yet enjoyable car for out suburban life style. After testing cars from many import makers and some domestic makers we settled on the Chevy Sonic LT with the 1.4L turbo engine and 6-speed manual. The car has averaged about 34 mpg in our suburban driving and at least 41 mpg on interstate driving in the suburban environs. The shifter is pretty smooth, the clutch has a very smooth take-up, and the gear ratios are well chosen. What is especially appreciated about the car is how quiet it is and how refined the suspension is - rides like a car with an longer wheel base. I am 6' 1" tall and have a son who is 6' 3" yet we both fit in the car. In short, as long as the car proves reliable over a span of years we would not be more pleased.

Sporty & Reliable

by Cool Mom from St. Petersburg, FL on Wed Jul 09 2014

I love driving this car, good start with turbo engine, great features(on star,side airbags, back up camera, phone) roomy enough for 3 in the back, great gas milage & safety features. I've had so many compliments on it. Would definitely recommend it.

nice little car

by motorsnthings from Central illinois on Wed Aug 06 2014

Nice riding and driving inexpensive car that performs well and has excellent fuel economy. This car took over where Toyota fell flat.

Beautiful Car !!

by JD from Chicago, il on Wed Mar 19 2014

I love my white 2014 Chevy Sonic LT. The performance is a 4 because I do wish it had better pickup. But it's a subcompact car that's definitely affordable and has a lot to offer. I specifically like that I have the option to play my phone through my car via an aux cord, USB, or Bluetooth. I didn't even bother buying an aux cord yet. The dashboard is so cool I love having a digital speedometer. This car is very sporty def recommend it.

Omg, can't believe this car

by Doublecorner from Akron on Fri Dec 26 2014

I just picked up my 2014 LTZ AT. Was going to buy a Corolla but my insurance agent said the rates are $200 less every 6 months once my son starts driving. Amazing car so,far. The corolla radio doesn't have xm unless you get the top model. The sound is not nearly as good as the LTZ radio. The car is quiet, has better pick up, good milage so far and is just so much fun around turns and hills. The blind spot mirror helps me too. Corollas and Cruzes are everywhere here but almost no Sonics. Such a cool different look. It's not too small.

Super Sonic Spencer at Puyallup Chevrolet

by Super Sonic Owner from Gig Harbor, WA on Tue Jul 29 2014

I would like to say that Spencer, the sales person, who sold me this car, was the best sales person, ever. He works at the Chevy Dealer's in Puyallup & he is the person you want to get a great deal, with no pressure, at all. I sincerely felt that he just wanted me to be happy. The support staff there made me feel that I could honestly trust them & fully back what they were saying. This helped me to be able to really look several cars over quite well. I picked the Sonic for so many reasons; the seats are comfortable, even after back surgery. And I finally have found a car, where the seat lifts, for a perfect fit, for a shorter person. No more pillows needed. Excellent video back-up camera, & integral convex mirrors on the side mirrors, very helpful . There are so many more features that I love; impossible to be able to mention them all here. Thank you so much, Spencer, for giving me what I needed to find the best car for me: )

Great Car for a New or Experienced Driver

by PARENT RECOMMENDED from Frisco, TX on Tue Feb 11 2014

Bought this car for my our 16 year old daughter who has a sensory integration disorder which makes learning to drive challenging. We wanted a safe yet reliable vehicle that provided her the confidence she needed to hit the road. She LOVES it!! I even enjoy driving it, this vehicle met the checklist as well as a few of the nice to haves; it came with all the comforts necessary at a great price. Thanks to Jack at Stonebriar Chevrolet for all his help.. I will definately be back..

Awesome

by New car rookie from Atlanta, Ga on Mon Feb 17 2014

I needed a vehicle that looked great while meeting my needs of work play and road trips... this car does!!!

I love this little car

by LorettaD from Mooresville Nc on Thu Mar 16 2017

Gosh...I had my mind made up on a Nissan Sentra and the salesman couldn't talk me out of it....he asked me to just try the sonic...I got in and it was love at first sight...I love this compact car...drives so light, its a fun and efficient car

LOVE THIS GEM!

by KimbersPhx from Phoenix on Sun Mar 09 2014

Bought my car from Courtesy Chevrolet today and am super thrilled with it! The whole experience from start to finish was awesome! This little Sedan surprised me with the roominess and extra little bells and whistles!! Love the sporty look and maneuverability this car has! Looking for a fun little ride? THIS is your car! Great on gas and easy on the wallet. <3

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2013 about the 2013 Chevrolet Sonic. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2013 Chevrolet Sonic is a well-balanced car for not a lot of money, but the new RS trim level's engine and suspension tweaks fall far short of a driving enthusiast's expectations.

Buying a small car these days doesn't mean giving up much in terms of features. But what about performance? Chevrolet looks to answer that question for subcompact car shoppers with the new RS version of its Sonic hatchback.

The most significant change for the 2013 Sonic is the... Read More