2014 Chevrolet Sonic Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Sonic
Average based on 19 reviews

Practical Suburb Car

by from Houston, TX on February 9, 2014

We were looking for a inexpensive, compact, comfortable, efficient yet enjoyable car for out suburban life style. After testing cars from many import makers and some domestic makers we settled on the Chevy Sonic LT with the 1.4L turbo engine and 6-speed manual. The car has averaged about 34 mpg in our suburban driving and at least 41 mpg on interstate driving in the suburban environs. The shifter is pretty smooth, the clutch has a very smooth take-up, and the gear ratios are well chosen. What is especially appreciated about the car is how quiet it is and how refined the suspension is - rides like a car with an longer wheel base. I am 6' 1" tall and have a son who is 6' 3" yet we both fit in the car. In short, as long as the car proves reliable over a span of years we would not be more pleased.

nice little car

by from Central illinois on August 6, 2014

Nice riding and driving inexpensive car that performs well and has excellent fuel economy. This car took over where Toyota fell flat.

Sporty & Reliable

by from St. Petersburg, FL on July 9, 2014

I love driving this car, good start with turbo engine, great features(on star,side airbags, back up camera, phone) roomy enough for 3 in the back, great gas milage & safety features. I've had so many compliments on it. Would definitely recommend it.

Super Sonic Spencer at Puyallup Chevrolet

by from Gig Harbor, WA on July 29, 2014

I would like to say that Spencer, the sales person, who sold me this car, was the best sales person, ever. He works at the Chevy Dealer's in Puyallup & he is the person you want to get a great deal, with no pressure, at all. I sincerely felt that he just wanted me to be happy. The support staff there made me feel that I could honestly trust them & fully back what they were saying. This helped me to be able to really look several cars over quite well. I picked the Sonic for so many reasons; the seats are comfortable, even after back surgery. And I finally have found a car, where the seat lifts, for a perfect fit, for a shorter person. No more pillows needed. Excellent video back-up camera, & integral convex mirrors on the side mirrors, very helpful . There are so many more features that I love; impossible to be able to mention them all here. Thank you so much, Spencer, for giving me what I needed to find the best car for me: )

AWESEOM

by from Baraboo, WI on July 23, 2014

I love my new Chevy Sonic. This vehicle has more room then ever imagined for a small car and the gas mileage is awesome.

Omg, can't believe this car

by from Akron on December 26, 2014

I just picked up my 2014 LTZ AT. Was going to buy a Corolla but my insurance agent said the rates are $200 less every 6 months once my son starts driving. Amazing car so,far. The corolla radio doesn't have xm unless you get the top model. The sound is not nearly as good as the LTZ radio. The car is quiet, has better pick up, good milage so far and is just so much fun around turns and hills. The blind spot mirror helps me too. Corollas and Cruzes are everywhere here but almost no Sonics. Such a cool different look. It's not too small.

not just for the young 2014 hacthback

by from ohio on August 30, 2016

i found a lot easier to get in and out than the large cars that I always had .am 73 and had two back surgery .you don't have to duck down to get in and much better getting out .so easy .I have had this now for almost a year no problems .the ride is good getting around 26 in city and 32 on highway you seniors should take it for drive I think would very surprised

Fun Car

by from Shreveport, LA on January 18, 2015

We test drove the Spark and other similar models, but loved the Sonic. It is our commuter car to work, but fits us and our two kids just fine.

Not a Firebird

by from east Texas on September 25, 2014

Other reviews I've read said that going down the Interstate with 18 wheelers is impossible, NOT TRUE !!! This is a subcompact car, but don't fear the Interstate, 80 mph feels like 30, REALLY, there is no feeling of speed. Very quiet inside. Does not feel like a small car !!! Lots of room inside the Hatchback. With the 1.8 engine, don't expect fast off the line, not happening, 31 mpg on the highway could be better. My full size Buick with 3.8 V/6 gets 33 mpg on the highway. The mpg could be so much better !!! I will let you know how the reliability ends up !!!

Beautiful Car !!

by from Chicago, il on March 19, 2014

I love my white 2014 Chevy Sonic LT. The performance is a 4 because I do wish it had better pickup. But it's a subcompact car that's definitely affordable and has a lot to offer. I specifically like that I have the option to play my phone through my car via an aux cord, USB, or Bluetooth. I didn't even bother buying an aux cord yet. The dashboard is so cool I love having a digital speedometer. This car is very sporty def recommend it.