Our Expert Review: 2010 Chevrolet Traverse

REALLY satisfied with this vehicle!

by from Lexington, KY on January 30, 2011

I've had my Traverse for three months. I really enjoy all of the comfort features and gadgets. The handling is firm and responsive, and I don't feel like I'm in a giant truck. It did take a bit of getting used to the view out the rear window. Access to the third row seats is surprisingly easy (from looking, I thought I'd have to strain my back, but don't). I was frustrated that the MP3 dock is only for Ipods (no other brands). The only performance issue I've had is that when you floor the accelerator, it has so much torque that you'll burn rubber. Probably cool for torque enthusiasts, but I just want the car to go. I still don't care for the cosmetic look of the tailgate, but other than that, I'm extremely satisfied with the vehicle. Gas mileage is about 17 for a daily commute with stoplights, up to 22 for a 5 hour highway trip.

Behind third row seats

by from York,PA on June 30, 2011

This vehicle was bought for my wife when we added twins to our family and needed to hold six. Overall this is a great car. Plenty of power and comfortable. Able to tow our pop-up camper with ease. The only negative so far is the cargo space behind the third row seat. With the sloping rear window you barely have enough space for some gear let alone a double stroller. 24.4 cubic feet is not enough space for a family of six.

good on ice and snow

by from Lincoln, Nebraska on April 11, 2011

This is the easiest car to drive I have ever had. I go to Omaha alot and it is really good on the road. The only bad thing is the cruise control is not easy to work. I keep thinking I'm driving someone else's car. I can't believe it is mine.

Great

by from New York on March 29, 2011

This is one of the best suv's you can buy for the money. It's performance styling and price a great. I would deffinatly recommend.

Nice Ride

by from Pennsylvania on August 4, 2013

Very happy with this vehicle. Quiet yet powerful ride. Plenty of leg room. Disappointed in the city mileage. Advertised at 16 mpg but only getting 13mpg. Otherwise it was a good purchase.

Grandparents

by from Columbia, MO on June 18, 2015

We were looking for a 7 passenger vehicle so all our grandkids could fit and ride comfortable. This one fit the bill and it a very nice ride. Has lots of room and plenty of power for highway crusing.

Great so far

by from Racine, WI on May 23, 2013

Love the room I have for my 2 kids and their stuff. Family trips are a lot more enjoyable. Interior is nice and has easy to use controls. I have only owned for 1 month but it is good so far.

Over the van - Got a great Crossover SUV

by from Denver, CO on September 19, 2011

I am a mom of three and tried the minivan thing for 3 years. It was okay but just was not ME. I found it impossible to keep clean and while the convenience was great, I hated the way it looked and was not a big fan of sitting so low and way in the front while I drove. I knew I wanted a cross-over SUV and we are a buy-American family. I had my eye on a Buick Enclave before we started officially shopping, but as we went along, I just couldn't justify the extra cost for not a whole lot of improvement. I bought a 2010 used vehicle. I really wanted leather and heated seats but it was next to impossible to find unless we went with the LTZ. Those were limited and often had more miles and I wasn't a big fan of the leather. We ended up getting the LT and the dealership worked with an auto detail shop to recover the seats with leather and heat the front seats as well as put in a dvd player. The cost was minimal and the leather ended up being GORGEOUS. I carpool all the time and the car is easy for the kids to get in and out of. I will say that with high backed boosters, the seat belts are pretty fussy -- they get stuck a lot. Very irritating. Other than that, it's been a wonderful car. I drive pretty far for work and we just took it on an 8 hour car trip recently. My dad rode in the passenger seat and kept commenting on how comfortable and quiet the ride was. I have had several people ask me about it -- I think it's a great looking vehicle. The one thing that I have found to be annoying is that the console between the front seats has the air/heat controls for the back 2 rows. It is VERY easy to get bumped and will turn off/on, get turned up/down by accident ALL. OF. THE. TIME. On our car trip, we had our child's car seat in the middle of the 2nd row and he was kicking that thing the entire time. We eventually had to rig some sort of blocking device under his feet. I will say that the cargo room is MUCH less than in the van because it sits up so much higher but it's still adequate, especially with the third row folded down. Overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Always in the shop

by from Chicago, IL on September 13, 2011

We bought a brand new 2010 at the end of 09. Within 3 months the electrical system blew and needed to be replaced. A few months after that the tires were found defective and were replaced. The cloth seats started to stretch and wrinkle and needed to fixed. NOW the steering wheel is making a terrible noise at every turn. The dealer said Chevy is aware of the problem but has NO part or fix for it. Infact he said eventually there will be a recall for the steering problem.

Well thought out

by from Western Colorado on January 28, 2010

Pluses - The Traverse is a very comfortable vehicle for a person who needs a lot of interior space. This SUV was well thought out with enough space in the third seat for adults and good access for those people to get to the rear seat. When the third seat is folded down there is a LOT of baggage space. - The Traverse is very quiet (I don't have the sun roof) even with a ski rack on top. - OnStar is a great bonus feature. This is my first vehicle with it and I would not be without it now. - It handles great in the snow. Minuses - I've only driven the Traverse for two months but lots of highway and local driving. The gas mileage has been a bit disappointing - 18 to 19 mpg with maybe 20 on the highway. - One gripe is that the car did not come with roof racks. The car looks like it has the front to rear rails but it is just a plastic trim piece. You have to order the hardware separately. - It would be a great feature to have the pushbutton ignition but I'm learning to live without it. - The pricetag was a bit high but competitive with similar vehicles.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Similar Models