2010 Traverse

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

Behind third row seats

by Jeremy from York,PA on June 30, 2011

This vehicle was bought for my wife when we added twins to our family and needed to hold six. Overall this is a great car. Plenty of power and comfortable. Able to tow our pop-up camper with ease. The only negative so far is the cargo space behind the third row seat. With the sloping rear window you barely have enough space for some gear let alone a double stroller. 24.4 cubic feet is not enough space for a family of six.

good on ice and snow

by Red Sonja from Lincoln, Nebraska on April 11, 2011

This is the easiest car to drive I have ever had. I go to Omaha alot and it is really good on the road. The only bad thing is the cruise control is not easy to work. I keep thinking I'm driving someone else's car. I can't believe it is mine.

Great

by Pete from New York on March 29, 2011

This is one of the best suv's you can buy for the money. It's performance styling and price a great. I would deffinatly recommend.

Great so far

by Busy Mom of 2 from Racine, WI on May 23, 2013

Love the room I have for my 2 kids and their stuff. Family trips are a lot more enjoyable. Interior is nice and has easy to use controls. I have only owned for 1 month but it is good so far.

Nice Ride

by Toni from Pennsylvania on August 4, 2013

Very happy with this vehicle. Quiet yet powerful ride. Plenty of leg room. Disappointed in the city mileage. Advertised at 16 mpg but only getting 13mpg. Otherwise it was a good purchase.

Im in love with it so far!!

by DPAS4 from Normal on June 18, 2018

I traded my equinox which I loves for the traverse and although they are made by Chevy they have their differences. I love the safety of both, and the ease of driving them. I was worried going from the smaller one to the bigger one would be hard, but it really wasnt. I went from a 17 year model to a 10, somethings I had in one I don't have in the other. My traverse has the entertainment package which will be awesome for the kids on road trips. I also have navigation, the 3rd row seating and still have plenty of room. There is a 3 prong outlet that you see in your house in the back and aux plugs, so if I really wanted to I could hook up my gaming system to my car. It is neat, not sure I would use it tho, lol. The seats are comfortable and I dont miss my leather seats, especially in this summer heat. I went from a 4 cylinder to a 6 cylinder and it gives me.the power that I need and doesnt cost me much more at the pump. Its everything that we wanted and needed without breaking our budget or the bank.

REALLY satisfied with this vehicle!

by schoolhopper from Lexington, KY on January 30, 2011

I've had my Traverse for three months. I really enjoy all of the comfort features and gadgets. The handling is firm and responsive, and I don't feel like I'm in a giant truck. It did take a bit of getting used to the view out the rear window. Access to the third row seats is surprisingly easy (from looking, I thought I'd have to strain my back, but don't). I was frustrated that the MP3 dock is only for Ipods (no other brands). The only performance issue I've had is that when you floor the accelerator, it has so much torque that you'll burn rubber. Probably cool for torque enthusiasts, but I just want the car to go. I still don't care for the cosmetic look of the tailgate, but other than that, I'm extremely satisfied with the vehicle. Gas mileage is about 17 for a daily commute with stoplights, up to 22 for a 5 hour highway trip.

Over the van - Got a great Crossover SUV

by TraverseMom from Denver, CO on September 19, 2011

I am a mom of three and tried the minivan thing for 3 years. It was okay but just was not ME. I found it impossible to keep clean and while the convenience was great, I hated the way it looked and was not a big fan of sitting so low and way in the front while I drove. I knew I wanted a cross-over SUV and we are a buy-American family. I had my eye on a Buick Enclave before we started officially shopping, but as we went along, I just couldn't justify the extra cost for not a whole lot of improvement. I bought a 2010 used vehicle. I really wanted leather and heated seats but it was next to impossible to find unless we went with the LTZ. Those were limited and often had more miles and I wasn't a big fan of the leather. We ended up getting the LT and the dealership worked with an auto detail shop to recover the seats with leather and heat the front seats as well as put in a dvd player. The cost was minimal and the leather ended up being GORGEOUS. I carpool all the time and the car is easy for the kids to get in and out of. I will say that with high backed boosters, the seat belts are pretty fussy -- they get stuck a lot. Very irritating. Other than that, it's been a wonderful car. I drive pretty far for work and we just took it on an 8 hour car trip recently. My dad rode in the passenger seat and kept commenting on how comfortable and quiet the ride was. I have had several people ask me about it -- I think it's a great looking vehicle. The one thing that I have found to be annoying is that the console between the front seats has the air/heat controls for the back 2 rows. It is VERY easy to get bumped and will turn off/on, get turned up/down by accident ALL. OF. THE. TIME. On our car trip, we had our child's car seat in the middle of the 2nd row and he was kicking that thing the entire time. We eventually had to rig some sort of blocking device under his feet. I will say that the cargo room is MUCH less than in the van because it sits up so much higher but it's still adequate, especially with the third row folded down. Overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Well thought out

by Tom from Western Colorado on January 28, 2010

Pluses - The Traverse is a very comfortable vehicle for a person who needs a lot of interior space. This SUV was well thought out with enough space in the third seat for adults and good access for those people to get to the rear seat. When the third seat is folded down there is a LOT of baggage space. - The Traverse is very quiet (I don't have the sun roof) even with a ski rack on top. - OnStar is a great bonus feature. This is my first vehicle with it and I would not be without it now. - It handles great in the snow. Minuses - I've only driven the Traverse for two months but lots of highway and local driving. The gas mileage has been a bit disappointing - 18 to 19 mpg with maybe 20 on the highway. - One gripe is that the car did not come with roof racks. The car looks like it has the front to rear rails but it is just a plastic trim piece. You have to order the hardware separately. - It would be a great feature to have the pushbutton ignition but I'm learning to live without it. - The pricetag was a bit high but competitive with similar vehicles.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best riding AWD crossover but poor mileage

by Commuter Jack from Pueblo, CO on April 28, 2011

I use this vehicle for a 1000 mile per week commute on rural 2 lane roads. I have been impressed with the stability and smooth ride on poor roads. The AWD, size, and vehicle weight help make it safe and reliable but the performance is mediocre. They say that the kinks have been worked out of the automatic 6 speed transmission but it still shifts poorly and hunts for gears in demanding acceleration and deceleration. The fit and finish is only fair as a Chevy should be but the front bucket seats need to be larger and more comfortable for long trips. My worst criticism is for the poor fuel mileage. It is rated at 23 mpg and the best I have ever achieved is 21 on the highway at 65 mph. And in the wind this big SUV wannabe never gets above the teens on the open road. That's the trade-off for having a large and safe AWD.

1 2 3 4 5 6