2011 Chevrolet Traverse

Nicest Chevy I've Owned

by from Leavenworth, KS on March 4, 2011

I purchased the Traverse because I wanted an AWD with comfort and towing capability. Although it doesn't get near the gas mileage they put on the sticker, it's a very comfortable ride, quiet and a fair MPG which is averaging 21 MGP at this time. I traded in a crossover which I loved, but it wasn't as good with traction as it should have been. This AWD Traverse hasn't been stopped by the many feet of snow we had this season. Haven't towed yet, but like the capablity as I'm sure I will in the near future. Someone looking for a comfortable ride, fair mileage and smart looking crossover - this is the car. I'll keep this car longer than my usual 4 years.

Correct decision for family 7-seat Crossover

by from Columbia, SC on August 26, 2011

Ups:Love the silent, smooth ride both city and highway. INCREDIBLE handling and response for the vehicle size. Beautiful, stylish exterior design. Lots of space and storage compartments. Nicest visual impact on any family car we've had. Goodbye to minivans forever. The Onstar system with integrated hands free phone is really cool (but costs extra after 6 months trial). Really gives over 25mpg on highway. Downs: Purchased the LS base trim, and had to accept not so nice interior upholstery, steering wheel not wrapped in leather (wished it had at least a more ergonomic grip). The mechanism to move second row seats to access back row is less than nice and smooth. City mpg is 13 to 14, not so good, but understandable for the car size. Overall, good value for the money. I'm happy with the purchase as I was able to negotiate a nice deal. The savings are worth the things I gave up on luxury in interior details.

Works 4 G-ma

by from Charlotte, NC on April 6, 2012

Did not want to do a minivan, so looked at the Traverse. I am totally pleased. Had to get used to blind spots, coming from a Camry. I love this car. Ride is good, fuel not bad at all for a large vehicle. Some tire noises on highway. Not real quiet, but I have not experienced anything that would stop me from getting another. I would get remote door lift and sunroof. Now I can take all my grands to the park, and still be "cool"

Family vehicle

by from Viborg, SD on March 7, 2012

The Traverse is an affordable family friendly vehicle. It offers my family the room that we need and yet is still stylish. We have had the vehicle since July of last year and have been very happy with it. I would recommend the Traverse to anybody who wants to upgrade from a mini van.

Not sure yet Traverse

by from N. Myrtle Beach SC on May 25, 2013

Have only had the car four weeks. Like the seating configuration. Wouldn't recommend the dealer Five Star Chev. in Florence SC due to once they have the deal that's it. They do not honor any of there verbal commitments. For example, bought the vehicle 108 miles one way from home, late evening Saturday to complete deal. Poring rain. Not detailed and told to bring back on Monday and they would detail. Husband drove 216 miles round trip, my 14 yr old could have done better. Still vacuuming cheerios out of seat slides. Also don't know how some of the systems work ie to add CDs because didn't get owner's manual as promised. Told we bought the vehicle used so they aren't required to provide it.

Good vehicle ,good value

by from Northwest Missouri on December 12, 2011

Good vehicle for thw money! A comfortable ride for 4 people on long trips. But crowded with 8 adults , but okay for a short ride.

Good deal for the money

by from New Haven, CT on April 17, 2013

We are very pleased with this car after 1 month of ownership. Excellent view through the large front glass. Huge amounts of cargo room. Smoother ride than our SUV of similar size. Second row captain's chairs are very comfortable and the gap between them is large enough so that anyone nimble enough to fit into the 3rd row seats can climb back there without needing to unlatch the 2nd row seats. This reminds me of our minivan but much sexier looking on the outside. One downside is many small buttons on the dashboard so it takes a while to figure out what each one does. But the flip side is that you have a discrete button for just about every function, and you do not have to wade through five levels of menus to change whatever you want to change.

Greatest Crossover EVER

by from Katy, TX on November 13, 2013

I purchased this vehicle for my wife Certified Pre-Owned as a replacement for her Pilot. She is in love with this car and it is a great replacement with more room and more amenities than our Pilot had...

Love my Chevy Traverse

by from North Canton, Ohio on September 19, 2014

I had such a great experience buying my car at Buck Chevrolet in Canal Fulton, Ohio. I absolutely love my Traverse and it has a accommodated my family of five very well!!! Thanks Ken Zietler

Great family car.

by from on May 1, 2017

This is a wonderful car for our family with two kids and two dogs. It is great on long trips. The seats are very comfortable. The Bose Sound System is outstanding.

Our Expert Review: 2011 Chevrolet Traverse