2005 Crossfire

2005 Chrysler Crossfire

$535 - $17,407  MSRP Range
2005 Chrysler Crossfire

Have You Driven the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire?

A fun car to drive

by Fun Driving from Maumee, Ohio on Mon Oct 24 2011

Overall I really like this car. First I will list my DOWNSIDES: 1) Oil changes are very expensive. 2.) OK it's a real sports car, but I wish it had a spare tire, hard to do since it has different size wheels on the back 19 inch and 18 inch on the front, Oh well I can live with it. 3.) It has a joke for a cup holder, I would not have put one in if it had to be the one it's got. 4.) You really have to be aware of what is on the back sides of you because the visualibility is pretty poor out the back window with the convertable top up, but again it is a true sports roadster. 5.) You have to put premium gas in it. NOW the UPSIDES: 1.) Very fun to drive. 2.) The exterior style is execptional. 2.) It is a head turner. 3.) Fast out of the gate. 4.) I love the way the drop top works. 5.) The small roll bars behind each seat are very stylish. 5.) The Tires and wheels are cool along with the 19 inch in the back and 18 inch in the front. 6.) Did I say it is fun to drive? yes I did in my first point. 7.) I love it and I am very happy to own it.

Great car for the Money

by Sport Car Enthusiast from Indianapolis,Indiana on Tue May 01 2012

I bought this 2005 Chrysler Crossfire in April with 40,000 miles and I couldn't be more pleased with the overall quality of this car. I have the six speed convertible,what a head turner!! I really think that Chrysler should bring it back,they stop production in '08. I'm the second owner of this car and the original paperwork was in the glovebox, at $38,000 plus, I couldn't afford new but I found several great deals across the midwest.This is a true sportcar with great power and handling. DRIVE THIS CAR!!!

New attitude every day!

by Crossfire Kelly from Tucson, AZ on Thu Feb 10 2011

This is the first new car I've ever owned. I've never had any problems and it handles like a dream. I bought it while I was on vacation, while "killing time". I had no intention of buying one, but after driving it and letting the wind blow through my hair, I was hooked. I've had mine for over 5 years now and it still looks hot and makes me feel like a teenager. The only thing I'm not fond of however, is when the top is up, it has a bad blind spot. You have to really watch yourself and adjust your mirrors to avoid others. If I have a chance to buy another, I won't hesitate. (My family is already fighting over my car just in case something happens to me. haha)

Art Deco on the move!

by Bozz from St. Louis, Mo. on Sat Aug 30 2008

From the hood strakes to the dragon tail, this car screams for attention and gets it. It handles like it's on rails and gets 21 mpg on the highway (but not at 130 mph). Even the cupholder is a engineering work of art, to be looked at and admired but never used! The only thing I don't like is the cost of oil changes for the 3.2 L Mercedes engine @ $135.00. Very solid build (Karmann makes the car in Germany) and nice sounding 240 watt stereo. I think most people will like, no, will love this car!

Love this Car

by Olde Woodworker from centrel Pa. on Mon Apr 16 2012

I bought this Crossfire SRT6 in March, so I can't attest to reliability yet, but since it is built by Karmann, who also builds the M-B SLK, I would expect it to be pretty good. Although there are a few little quirks, overall, the car is very fast, with excellent handling. The best thing is the brakes, just phenomenal. Definitely an attention getter, probably because it is rare, only about 3,000 SRT6's built. Fairly well thought out interior, but I wasn't crazy about the silver dash panel, I purchased an aftermarket wood grain kit. I probably devalued the car a bit by doing this, but everyone likes it better, including me. Performance equal to or better than SLK of same era, and goes for 1/2 the price of used SLK, so I feel like this is a great deal. if you can find a clean used SRT6 with low mileage, go for it, you will not be disappointed.

FAST FUN CAR

by KEVINZ07 from hamilton n.j. on Sat Feb 02 2013

I bought the SRT-6 used it's a fun car to drive . I have the roadster model the top is fast and neat ,there is still enough room in trunk for weeekend bagage for two with the top down . Gas mileage is pretty good if you can keep your foot from flooring it (hard to do because fun factor ) car is great value used because new sticker price was 52,500.00 .Got mine for under 10,000.00 So for car runs great !

Outstanding unique sports car

by Gerry from Toronto on Sat Aug 12 2006

The Crossfire is a tremendous bargain. The car is an intimate ride for two, well equipped and tremendous on twisting roads or highway cruising. The Mercedes built six pulls strongly; the 6 speed manual wrings the best out of this tremendous engine. A note of caution regarding rearward visibility - it's very limited and reliance on correctly positioned mirrors is essential.

crossfire

by none from Lewiston, ME on Mon Feb 27 2012

the crossfire is by far the best sports car I have ever owned ( and I have had quite a few) great handeling, comfort love the looks. I just really don't have anything bad to say about it

fun in the sun

by ispy51 from Philadelphia,PA on Tue Mar 19 2013

"A fun good looking car with great accelleration and good gas milage. Seats are very comfortable, I wish it had a little more leg room and a usable cup holder. Otherwise I love the car.

Looking for another crossfire

by Loved my crossfire from Columbia, SC on Thu Oct 01 2015

I had a 2005 limited crossfire. I loved my car. I have hardly any problems with this car and it had 143,000 mile on it. I am now looking for another one since the insurance company totaled it due to a hit an run accident. I drove this car across country in comfort and with no worries of it breaking down. I have had other sports cars but the crossfire is by far the best. There is ample trunk space, not normal for a sport car of this type. Highly recommend this vechicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire

When you're wheeling Chrysler's Crossfire through the Midwestern countryside, it's easy to visualize you're cruising the back roads of Europe.

That's because the Crossfire has a German soul in spite of its American name. The German soul is even more pronounced in the high-performance SRT6.

Roughly 40 percent of the Crossfire's components, mainly the V-6 powertrain and axles, are from Mercedes-Benz. The 94.5-inch wheelbase, 51.4-inch height and 159.8-inch length are almost identical to the last-generation SLK.

The Crossfire squares off against sports cars such as the Audi TT, Porsche Boxster and Nissan 350 Z. The standard roadster starts at just under $35,000, while the SRT6 starts at $49,120. That's a... Read More