Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2005 Pacifica

2005 Chrysler Pacifica

$870 - $7,302  MSRP Range
2005 Chrysler Pacifica

4.4

Have You Driven the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica?

Solid, Safe, Reliable and comfortable for 7

by Mom from 50266 on Fri Sep 21 2012

ABS work great. Kids like to include their friends and have a separate row on long trips. I like the style instead of a minivan and feel safer because it does not move much with strong winds like a higher profile SUV or a minivan.

Great car.

by boobie from freeport,n.y. on Mon Sep 17 2012

This is one great suv,smooth ride like an car,very roomie,this car can compete with the best of them,If they start making them again,like many driver's have said I'll be the first in line to buy another one.

Better than a minivan!!

by Just a soccer mom from Nashville, Tn on Mon Oct 24 2011

I absolutely LOVE my Pacifica!!! It has all the perks of a minivan without being a minivan. I am not the minivan driving soccer mom, but I need the room of a mini van. I am a little disappointed in the mpg but I do a lot of driving and for the room it has 16.8 mpg isn't bad.

Will Buy Another

by Pacifica Owner 4 Life from Naperville, IL on Thu Aug 16 2012

When possible, I'll be buying a newer year of this car. It has been an exceptional car to own & drive.

Would buy another, if still available!

by Dwfalc from Frisco on Sat Jun 15 2013

I bought a Lt. Blue Pacifica Touring in October 2005 with 9 miles on it. 132,605 later, it's been the best vehicle ever! Factory original brake pads, spark plugs. It hasn't ever stranded me. I did suffer a broken engine mount, but it was a quick fix.It's otherwise been maintenance free for many years! Recently bought the navi update and it works flawlessly! I think the negatives are being driven by people who where taken by shady mechanics and some people don't know how to maintain a vehicle, or care to. This vehicle is far above Ford or GM products on a long term basis. Everything still works in mine! Not much maintenance!

Still Going Great

by Pittsburgh Jerry from Pittsburgh. PA on Thu Aug 12 2010

106,000 mile update. Read my other two reviews. No problems with car. Just service items Best car I have owned in 40 years of driving.

We love this car!

by Mom of two boys :) from Indianapolis on Tue Nov 16 2010

We own a 2006 and we love it. Our kids love the DVD Player and smooth ride. We love the way it looks and drives!! We love the room it has...can't wait to take a road trip in it!!

Went from a Escalade, to a Pacifica!

by twack from Durango CO on Thu Apr 15 2010

Had a 2003 Escalade, and loved it, but my payments were to high, and it got 13 mpg. My Pacifica, handles better, and is great on gas!! My Pacifica has even more options than my Escalade had. Including Nav, and a DVD. Kids LOVE it, and I LOVE it as well! Best car I have ever owned!!

Great ride, wished I could buy another

by Pacifica to work, CTS V afterwork from Oxford, CT on Tue Aug 23 2011

Great car, very dependable, very comfortable. Kids love DVD, 3rd row allows us to take the kids friends. Wemt to Charlotte and back and no one complained or had a sore coolie!

Great crossover, but large family misses minivan

by WoodLR from Coopersville, MI on Tue Jan 31 2017

Bought a used '05 Pacifica touring recently with nearly 170,000. It's very nice looking inside & out, esp for its age and amount of use, very comfortable. Love the low wide profile & big tires. Its AWD but mine doesn't work. Nevertheless it feels solid and secure on the road, is very fun to drive & has plenty of power. If my kids were grown but I still needed room for them occasionally, or if I had one less kid or maybe no dog, this would be a slam dunk. But as a single parent with 3 kids & a dog who likes to be included, & taking bi-monthly weekend trips 2 hours away, I am missing the space of a minivan. If you don't need the 3rd row frequently then you have a great amount of cargo space but if you need your 3rd row, you'll struggle to get even a decent sized load of groceries in the back. A removable shelf Like in the villager would help make better use of the limited space. Leg room in 2nd row is a ton, I actually wish those seats would slide further forward b/c 3rd row leg room not so much and the 3rd row is 2 seats side by side instead of a big bench, so you can't really lay across it nor can you fit 3 people. The console between the mid-row seats is nice for mid-row passengers, but it eliminates a pathway to the back seat so if you need to get back there without opening the doors and flipping up the seats, you have to crawl over the console. Not so nice in winter, with muddy shoes, or for large dog. The DVD player jammed and I've read this is a common problem with these Chrysler players. Right now I'm seriously considering going back to a minivan for the increased passenger and cargo space. Another factor is MPG. According to reviews, the Honda Odyssey gets up to 23 MPG with a ton of space inside while I'm averaging 17.5 with the Pacifica & that's mostly highway & country driving . I like the Odyssey b/c it has a similar wide low stance like the Pacifica, gets better MPG, and has more room inside. The back bench is huge, the cargo area with all seats up is huge, you can fit 7-8 people comfortably and get from the 1st row all the way to the back without climbing. The only thing making me indecisive is the stow and go offered by Chrysler Town and Country and the AWD option offered by Toyota Sienna. Trying to decide between the 3, will probably just have to go out and drive some. But back to Pacifica- if you only have a 3-4 member family or if you don't have a large dog you take along , this car is great. You are riding in luxury, it's a smooth, comfortable, enjoyable ride and drive. My biggest beef is not really the fault of the car, it's just not the best fit for my current situation/lifestyle. However I would point out the MPG , like many have said, is NOT as good as advertised. Pacifica is a great crossover but can't compare to the versatility & space of a minivan.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2005 Chrysler Pacifica

I have a theory that most minivan moms are cat people, while SUV moms are dog people. Now, that may be a gross generalization, but follow me on this for a minute: If the Pacifica can bridge the gap between SUVs and minivans, maybe it can also bridge the gap between dog and cat lovers. That, my fellow parents, could be a starting point for making the world a better place.

I admit my theory is a stretch, but one thing is certain: The 2005 Chrysler Pacifica flawlessly blends the practicality of a minivan with the sporty appearance of an SUV.

With roomy seating for six, the Pacifica has second-row captain's chairs and a 50/50-split folding third-row seat. Installing car seats in the second row is a piece... Read More