2008 Avenger

2008 Dodge Avenger

2008 Dodge Avenger

4.2

Have You Driven the 2008 Dodge Avenger?

Looks great, surprisingly very gas friendly!

by Now a Dodge lover from Upstate NY on Fri Oct 19 2012

I bought my Used 2008 Avenger in the spring of 2010. I immediately was in love with the outside (I originally was thinking of a Charger). For a 4 cylinder it was powerful while still being gas friendly. Not only did I do city driving but I also took it on road trips from NY to VA several times and I never filled up more than twice, even with a uhaul trailer! I never ran into any problems with it except for whatever things happened with me. (I ran over debris and it ended up puncturing ther vapor chamber, someone backed into me etc) It looks great, great gas economy, comfortable (ive driven 10+ hours in it) And it is Super safe! I would know because I got into an accident where someone ran a redlight and T-boned me. Despite a fairly serious accident (windows broken, frame damaged, and side & curatin airbags deployed) I only ended up with a bruise on my thigh. It was totaled out and now im on a hunt for another! :) I would buy this for my children one day!

Snazzy

by Ozzie from Plattsmouth,NE on Wed Apr 04 2012

I love my Dodge Avenger. It looks hot inside and out and it runs great. The only downfall for me are the blindspots. They're not too bad when changing lanes, but backing out of a parking spot can be really nerveracking.

Fun little Car - With a decent amount of room

by Surprised Avenger Fan from Detroit, MI on Mon Mar 26 2007

I was looking for a good size car that was sporty and I found it! I own the 2008 Dodge Avenger R\T (3.5 V6) and I love it. Its fun and peppy especially if you play with the Autostick. The interior is quiet, rides good...the R\T has a stiffer suspension and handles very well for a mid size sedan. The only nit-picks I have are....I wish the brakes were a little more reponsive and I wish there was less hard plastics on the interior. I am 6'3" and I can sit in the back seat comfortably....thats a big plus. I commute 260 miles a day at 75mph and am pulling down 25+ MPG! Can't Beat it!

Most reliable vehicle I've owned & economical

by Average Consumer from Rochester, New York on Tue Aug 09 2011

A great vehicle for traveling long distance. Great gas mileage. Comfortable and dependable on long distance driving.

Not What I expected to buy, but very satisfied!

by New Car Guy from Los Angeles, Ca on Thu Aug 01 2013

When I came on this website to search for a new car, this was not what i initially intended to be looking for. I previously owned a Lancer & was into other Lancer Evo's or Subaru's WRX.. Well, that all changed when I found my Avenger RT at a local dealership. Although its not as sporty as the cars I came here for, it offered me both a few other things I never considered. The Avenger RT gives me enough of the sporty look that I want, as well as the comfort of feeling like a luxury car. It also has tons of room in the cab & in the trunk. Kind of makes me feel like I'm finally maturing. :) All in all, its a great car with A LOT more interior features than I am accustomed to!

Excellent vehicle for price .

by TH45 from Fresno,Ca on Fri Apr 07 2017

96000 miles and have done nothing but regular maintenance on it . Other than our 2000 Dodge Durango the most reliable vehicle we've ever owned .

Most reliable car I owed is a Toyota Camry

by Dude2008 on Sun Aug 05 2018

This 2008 Dodge Avenger sxt is junk I bought it used from my local dodge dealership last year it keeps giving me problems now I got to put a radiator axel seals alternator and spark plugs plug wires and the lifters is knocking as well worse car I have ever owned it stays in the garage more then it does on the road stay away from dodge avengers if u got 1 get rid of it ASAP

Does not recommend this car!!

Still Going Strong!!

by AllenVa from Virginia on Sat Jul 14 2018

I?ve had this vehicle for over nine years. It has exceeded my expectations in terms of performance. I?ve never had a major issue with it. As a matter of fact, it?s so reliable that I purchased another one! I really wish Dodge had not discontinued the model.

Best first car I could have gotten

by BPM on Fri Feb 23 2018

It runs well and is reliable for getting from A to B. It also works well for getting my siblings different places as well.

Too many quirks

by Jennsdodge41 from FRANKFORT on Mon Jul 30 2018

The battery is in the worst place to access and many small shops won't replace it (walmart, valvoline, etc...) because of the location. UNDER THE WHEEL WELL! It has random electrical issues that stall the car at red lights or stop signs when it rains and there is no diagnostic that can find it. You're driving this car on God's good graces basically. All in all I'd say it performs well, when it works. I've spent way more repairing it than what its worth.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2008 Dodge Avenger

The Dodge Avenger is one of the few distinctive designs in the saturated midsize sedan market. Beyond the styling, a choice of all-wheel drive and a few slick convenience features, though, there is little that sets the Avenger apart from the herd. Further, I question whether its interior quality and equipment can keep the model relevant until its next redesign.

The
Dodge Avenger comes in SE, SXT and R/T trim levels.

Exterior & Styling
The Dodge Avenger's design is its greatest appeal. While its characteristically aggressive Dodge styling isn't for everyone, it definitely stands apart from many midsize competitors in what is arguably the most homogeneous passenger... Read More