2010 Journey

2010 Dodge Journey

2010 Dodge Journey

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2010 Dodge Journey?

Dodge Journey RT 2010

by HappyAndSad from Brampton on Thu May 05 2016

So family was growing we went decided time to get rid of our 1999 2500 Dodge Ram, quarter ton, life's, beat truck I ever owned bought it new, didn't have major problems till the end in 2014. So anyhow purchased Last year 2010 Dodge Journey RT addition with chrome and fully loaded, DVD, Nav, loaded as much as you can. Yea it was used, great Suv , had more room, comfort was awesome, it gives me better gas milage then the truck ever did. However had the engine light wouldn't stop coming on so I looked it up on internet and saw if I restarted the system or really tightened the gas cap it went off, No longer comes on all the time now just once in a while and I know how to fix that..... other two problems I have summer it won't stop over heating have to keep a real good eye on that cage, have replaced that 3 times now and this winter the power steering line broke 5 times cause of the pressure, mechanic said its going to happen every winter most likely. Well see. Other then those 2 problems I have no complaints its an awesome vehicle with coolers and all the gadgets you need to be on the road with your family and we road trip a lot and there is 5 of us. Actually came on here to see if Dodge had a recall on these problems or if others were having them.

Drives like a car

by DTW Expat from Chicagoland on Thu Jul 22 2010

Leased this instead of a minivan because I drive solo most all of the time. Even though it has room for 7 and pretty good cargo space, it drives like a sporty car and I like that. It is a true crossover - it won't replace a minivan for utility and people hauling, but it's roomier and more usable than a sedan or hatch. I have AWD and it's great in the snow. The V6 doesn't impress, but the 6 speed auto is nice. Seats are euro inspired (firm and uncomfortable for me on day long drives). Also, got the upgrade on instrument cluster lighting, and it was worth it. Had some warranty issues, but nothing significant. All in all I've called this the best car I've ever owned.

3.5 Years of pure enjoyment

by Viper Guy from Kansas City on Thu May 01 2014

We purchased this R/T AWD loaded with about every option imaginable just after the 2011s came out. We got the 3.5L V6 which is not quite as good as the newer 3.6 in the later models. However, it has been trouble free an gets 24 to 25 MPG on the highway. Overall average mileage is 19 MPG. We had a Mercedes E350 4Matic we traded in on this Journey only because we like the SUV/Crossover type vehicle for comfort, ease of entering and exiting, versatility, and visibility. Not much out there any better than the Journey. I feel sorry for those that have reported problems with theirs because this is one fine vehicle. In all our years of driving (have been driving since 1958) we've not enjoyed any vehicle more that this one and we've literally had hundreds. Before we bought the Journey, we considered the Ford Edge and the Mazda CX9. The Mazda was the closest but a bit larger and more expensive. Didn't fit in our garage as well. That's it in a nutshell and I won't be surprised if this is our last car we own.

Good value

by Swisone from WI on Thu Dec 15 2011

Bought this SUV two months ago. Needed something that is all wheel drive to get to work in the winter. It has all the features I want, is roomy and the gas mileage is pretty good...approx 26 mpg. It has minimal blind spots for a SUV. I feel safe when driving this vehicle.

journey on

by rrs490 from crawfordville, fl on Fri Aug 20 2010

I was impressed with the features that the journey has and also available plus lots of room for hauling items but the only draw back is the mileage varies on every tank, I have been getting 23.8 - 24 but has dropped to 22.9 - 23.5 so I don't know if this due to the unit still being new on what. the driving conditions haven't changed at all.

Great All-Around People Mover

by mistere213 from Lansing, MI on Wed Nov 01 2017

Functionally, this is a minivan, but without the stigma associated with the sliding doors. With seating for 7 and a ton of space inside, this vehicle was great on a 7000 mile road trip a few years back. Whether driving across the plains, or up in the Rockies, the V-6 in the R/T never left us disappointed. There are many surprise places to store this, that, and everything else. The only downside is the brakes needing replacement more frequently than the average vehicle. It turns out that Dodge put on rotors that are a bit too small for a vehicle of this size which leads to increased wear on the pads and rotors. On the plus side, I have now learned how to do my own brakes in just a couple hours and save a ton of money compared to taking it to a mechanic. All in all, it's a great and versatile vehicle.

Great buy for the money

by Adam in NH from Hudson, NH on Wed Aug 10 2011

We got our Journey with 3000 miles on it. R/T, V6 AWD, all options except the DVD Nav/Entertainment and Sunroof. This is my wife's primary vehicle, and is the best Mom-mobile we could have asked for. Performance is peppy for the size, storage is excellent, and mileage is Ok. We average 17-22 depending on conditions. The only two complaints I have, and I have seen others mention are the brakes and the tires. If you are a hard braker, you run a good chance of warping the rotors, and causing a nice shake during future hard braking. The 19" tires on the R/T (optional on lower trims) are a size that is new on the market, and only made by one company. They are currently back ordered all over the country, and very difficult to source, especially with an AWD, when you should replace all four tires at the same time if you have more than 5k miles on the tires. The tires are also currently very expensive due to the supply and demand. I would recommend finding a set of 17" aftermarket rims, or ask your dealership to put the 17" wheels on before purchase. The AWD is awesome in the snow, traction control works perfectly, the "autostick" works perfectly, and the Journey can really handle the turns well!! The optional Lifetime Max Care warranty cannot be beat either. For a decent price, you get 100k coverage that is practically bumper to bumper with no deductible. After 100k, any repair has only a $100 deductible. It covers everything but wear items (brakes, exhaust, tires, rims, etc.) Overall, I would definitely recommend this vehicle to any family looking for a 7 passenger crossover. You won't find more bang for your buck in any other competing vehicle.

Converted GM Owner

by jimbob from Owatonna, MN on Mon Aug 15 2011

First off, I have to tell you that I have been a very satisfied GM owner for over 40 years.. I had been looking to replace my 2006 Buick Rendezvous, but just could not find anything that could match the ride or room that the Buick Produced. I test drove the new Chevrolet Equinox.. but it left me unimpressed. Just for kicks we drove through the local Dodge dealers lot and liked the looks of the 2010 Journey. We took a 30 minute test drive and was sold. The 2010 Dodge Journey was so smooth and QUIET !! We purchased a SXT model with front wheel drive.. it has all the bells and whistles, 19" chrome wheels, Nav, U connect, sunroof, ect. and at a bargin price. Everytime I get into our Journey and back out of the garage, I get a smile on my face. I never thought I would leave GM .. but the Journey did it for me.. If you haven't driven a Dodge/Chrysler product lately, you need to take a look. I'm sure glad I did !!

Great Value for your money

by Harman from Ontario on Tue Jun 29 2010

I am in automotive industry from last 12 years. Was not was a big fan of Chrysler-Dodge earlier. But if you compare the money you spend with respect to the features then this is the best value for your money. The exterior styling is great but interiors is an average. Too much plastic and old style dash. Other than that its fine. I got the 7 seater, 2.4 L Journey will almost all the options (except alloy wheels etc) with almost 4-5 thousand less than the competition. With same warranty of 5 years and 100K Km warranty I see as a great deal. Will recommend this vehicle to every one who is looking for a crossover and best value for your money.

Nice for a large family

by First time Dodge owner from South Bend, IN on Sat Jul 03 2010

My wife really like the seating for 7. The quite ride and rear comfort controls are great. Got a great deal on a 2010. Nice ride handles well

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2010 Dodge Journey

The Dodge Journey is the epitome of the term "mixed bag." It does some things pretty well and some not so well. I found the Journey to be weakest in the city — running short errands, ferrying one person or driving narrow streets. By comparison, it's at its best making grocery runs and cruising on the highway. But that's not to say it's a slam-dunk winner in either role.

City & Highway Acceleration
If you're considering buying this car, the most important thing you need to do is take it on a highway and pass someone. The Journey isn't great at accelerating at any speed, but going from 40 to 60 mph really took more time than I thought it should, including waiting for the engine to rev up and the... Read More