NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2013 Journey

2013 Dodge Journey

2013 Dodge Journey

4.4

Have You Driven the 2013 Dodge Journey?

Just what I was looking for

by Journeyowner from Maryland on Mon Apr 15 2013

I did research beyond belief for atleast a year before making a decision on a car to buy. I went back and forth from SUVs to cars, and this is definitely the best of both worlds! Roomy enough to handle vacations and shopping trips but without the feeling of driving something huge. Also Love the extra storage areas! Great family vehicle!

2013 Journey Excellent Choice

by brathjens from Charlevoix, MI on Wed Jun 05 2013

We just purchased a 2013 Dodge Journey SXT last week and absolutely LOVE IT. Initially we were going for a Chevy Equinox and had also test drove a Chevy Traverse. So glad that we ended up test driving the Journey because hands down the Journey beats the Equinox in every category (comfort, pricing, style, third bench seat, etc.) The only thing our Journey did not have that the Equinox did was a rear camera. However, that didn't matter to me after driving it and seeing all that it did have and how it felt behind the wheel. So happy with our Journey and I know you would be too if you tried it out.

QUIETEST SUV I'VE EVER DRIVEN

by BETTER THAN MY CRV from BELLEFONTAINE, OH on Tue Sep 17 2013

HAD A HONDA CRV, ACTUALLY HAD 2 OF THEM, AND LOVED THE CAR BUT THEY WERE NOISEY. THEY RODE DECENT, BUT WERE JUST A LITTLE CHEAP AND FLIMSY. SO I BOUGHT A NEW DODGE JOURNEY LUX AWD V6. YOU CAN ACTUALLY WHISPER TO SOMEONE AT 60 MPH AND THEY CAN HEAR YOU. THE DOOR PANELS ARE NICE QUALITY AND THE SEAT LEATHER IS NICE. LOVE THE INFORMATION CENTER THIS IS TOP NOTCH. ONLY COMPLAINTS ARE NEED THE FRONT OF THE BUCKETS TO HAVE AN INDIVIDUAL HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. THE BRAKES HAD TO BE REPLACED AT 50K AND THE ALTERNATOR WENT OUT AT 51K BUT THEY DID A 50-50 WITH ME ON THAT AND I WAS "OK" WITH THAT. I GET ABOUT 25 HIGHWAY AND ABOUT 21 COMBINED. HAD A BUICK RAINER THAT GOT ONLY 16 SO I'M HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. I HAVE BEEN A CAR SALESMAN FOR 34 YEARS( MOSTLY TOYOTA AND HONDA) SO I KNOW CARS AND THIS IS A NICE RIDE FOR THE MONEY.

So Far So Good

by First Time Chrysler Buyer from Canada on Sun Apr 27 2014

I bought a 2013 Ddoge Journey for my wife. Her previous two cars were Vovlos. She wanted a vehicle where she sat a little higher and had a 3rd row seat for the grandchildren. I did a fair amount of research and test drove most of the popular SUV's with my wife and she decided on the Journey. In our minds the Journey was the best value for the moneyy. We have put just over 6,000 miles on it and have had no problems. The fuel consumption was a little heavy at the beggining but is getting better. We have the 6 cylinder Pentastar engine. The Uconnect system in the Journey was the easiest one to use of all the SUVs we tested. I'll report back at 10,000 miles

OK except for battery drain while parked

by Mark D from Southern Indiana on Mon Jul 17 2017

The Dodge Journey has been known to have a problem with the battery discharging while parked. I regret that I did not check the internet before purchase. There are hundreds of reviews that address this glitch. I wish a recall would be issued addressing this fault.

Does not recommend this car!!

reliable suv

by peace4lauren from kenosha,wi on Mon Mar 04 2013

Brought 2013 dodge journey sxt model. Love it. I have the v6 engine and awd. With third row. The drive is very comfortable and it has lots of storage. The only thing i don't like its not captain seats. So if you have two carseats in 2nd row. Its hard to get to third row. But other than that its roomy also i like the separate heat for each row and lights for each row. I like the built in blue tooth as well. So there no distracting holding a phone.for the price its very good.

The right car for us....

by YellowDuck from Guelph ON Canada on Mon Jan 27 2014

We wanted something with decent luggage space, AWD, some towing capacity, and preferably with occasional-use 3rd row seating. We weren't really considering Dodge because of the poor interiors in past models, but then we drove a Fiat Freemont (same car as the Journey) in Italy and were impressed. We were also cross-shopping the Nissan Pathfinder but ultimately got put off by all of the reports of issues with the CVT. I see the Dodge Journey as kind of a poor-man's XC-70. Our Journey is loaded and we just love all of the features - keyless entry, remote start, automatic lights, automatic dual zone climate control, rearview camera, satellite radio, nav, rear DVD - just every gizmo imaginable and easy to use through the 8.4" screen with UConnect. Heated leather seats (and steering wheel!) are nice and the car is very quiet. Too bad they can't replicate Nissan's massive sunroof - the one in the Journey is a bit small. All optioned up this car after discounts was in the $36k range (Canada, before tax) so that is not cheap, but you sure get a lot for that money. We only have 1000 km on it so far so reliability is an unknown, but it sure is doing well getting us through this very snowy winter. Perfect car for us! Only real complaint is that the fancy optional "pearl white" paint is not well colour-matched - the plastic bumper covers are very noticeably darker than the rest of the car. Doesn't bother me much but some folks might be annoyed by that. Order a different colour if you are fussy about such things.

Great track record!

by FM430 from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Fri Mar 09 2018

I have nothing to complain about! Great looking inside & out, all the bells and whistles, and a monster in snow!! Great mechanical record, no issues, all original parts except for 2 sets of tires!

toyota camry

by mr.car driver from Ms on Wed Jun 26 2013

Great crossover...its bigger than it looks...but I like the fact that it doesn"t look its size... like the paint color... blue pearl

Practical ride

by Ryanjd13 from Cloquet, MN on Tue Mar 14 2017

Great car. Not ideal for big families. Not much space in third. My wife loves the vehicle. Would be better if second row was bucket seats rather than bench for easier access to third row. Reliable, haven't had any trouble with the vehicle performance.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2013 Dodge Journey

The 2013 Dodge Journey is an aging but competitive midsize crossover representing significant value, but the trade-off of more space for worse gas mileage may be too much for more frugal shoppers.

When it was first introduced in 2008 as a 2009 model, the Dodge Journey didn’t really impress, but big changes were made for the 2011 model year that got buyers’ attention. Gone was the hideous dashboard, replaced by a far better one-piece design made of soft plastics and high-quality buttons. Gone was the outdated audio and navigation system, replaced by Chrysler’s excellent Uconnect system, which we’ve praised in other models. The buzzy old 3.7-liter V-6 engine was punted in... Read More