2013 Journey

2013 Dodge Journey

2013 Dodge Journey

4.4

Have you driven the 2013 Dodge Journey?

Just what I was looking for

by Journeyowner from Maryland on Mon Apr 15 2013

I did research beyond belief for atleast a year before making a decision on a car to buy. I went back and forth from SUVs to cars, and this is definitely the best of both worlds! Roomy enough to handle vacations and shopping trips but without the feeling of driving something huge. Also Love the extra storage areas! Great family vehicle!

3rd Journey

by Rob from Aiken, SC on Wed Aug 05 2015

My 2013 is my 3rd Journey. Had a 2010 and 2011 before trading up for the 2013. Has 55k miles on it now and only issues so far is the heater was turning itself on constantly. Took it in for a 'software update' and been fine since. Engine light also came on and the code was for fuel cap leak which went away on its own. Love the look of the Journey and the features in the R/T specifically.

2013 Journey Excellent Choice

by brathjens from Charlevoix, MI on Wed Jun 05 2013

We just purchased a 2013 Dodge Journey SXT last week and absolutely LOVE IT. Initially we were going for a Chevy Equinox and had also test drove a Chevy Traverse. So glad that we ended up test driving the Journey because hands down the Journey beats the Equinox in every category (comfort, pricing, style, third bench seat, etc.) The only thing our Journey did not have that the Equinox did was a rear camera. However, that didn't matter to me after driving it and seeing all that it did have and how it felt behind the wheel. So happy with our Journey and I know you would be too if you tried it out.

QUIETEST SUV I'VE EVER DRIVEN

by BETTER THAN MY CRV from BELLEFONTAINE, OH on Tue Sep 17 2013

HAD A HONDA CRV, ACTUALLY HAD 2 OF THEM, AND LOVED THE CAR BUT THEY WERE NOISEY. THEY RODE DECENT, BUT WERE JUST A LITTLE CHEAP AND FLIMSY. SO I BOUGHT A NEW DODGE JOURNEY LUX AWD V6. YOU CAN ACTUALLY WHISPER TO SOMEONE AT 60 MPH AND THEY CAN HEAR YOU. THE DOOR PANELS ARE NICE QUALITY AND THE SEAT LEATHER IS NICE. LOVE THE INFORMATION CENTER THIS IS TOP NOTCH. ONLY COMPLAINTS ARE NEED THE FRONT OF THE BUCKETS TO HAVE AN INDIVIDUAL HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. THE BRAKES HAD TO BE REPLACED AT 50K AND THE ALTERNATOR WENT OUT AT 51K BUT THEY DID A 50-50 WITH ME ON THAT AND I WAS "OK" WITH THAT. I GET ABOUT 25 HIGHWAY AND ABOUT 21 COMBINED. HAD A BUICK RAINER THAT GOT ONLY 16 SO I'M HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. I HAVE BEEN A CAR SALESMAN FOR 34 YEARS( MOSTLY TOYOTA AND HONDA) SO I KNOW CARS AND THIS IS A NICE RIDE FOR THE MONEY.

Good SUV

by Kyle from Mesa, AZ on Tue Jun 18 2013

I bought this vehicle last month. I drove it off the lot with 18 miles on it. At first, it wasn't getting the gas mileage that is said it would on the sticker, but after 1200 miles on it and a road trip to California, its getting close. I did the math and it was at 24.5 mpg, not 26 like it said, but good enough. And that was driving 80mph through the Arizona desert, with 4 adults and 2 kids in it, and luggage! The car handles great, was comfy with 4 adults and 2 kids riding it in for 6 hours. I would totally recommend the car. Very nice car.

Affordable!!!

by Shelby from maryland on Thu Oct 25 2012

I was driving a 94 Toyota that I paid a $1,000 for. After two years it was finally time to upgrade to something nicer and big enough for a family I plan to have in the near future. I went with the Journey because it was affordable! I looked at every make/model/year of all the different car brands. The closest in price I found was the 2013 Equinox! However, my sister in law had the Equinox and had nothing but issues!! I am very happy with my purchase... I have three complaints... the back seats when adding a car seat doesn't have much room. I wish the back window was as big as it appears from the outside and I am sick of people thinking its a van !!!!

reliable suv

by peace4lauren from kenosha,wi on Mon Mar 04 2013

Brought 2013 dodge journey sxt model. Love it. I have the v6 engine and awd. With third row. The drive is very comfortable and it has lots of storage. The only thing i don't like its not captain seats. So if you have two carseats in 2nd row. Its hard to get to third row. But other than that its roomy also i like the separate heat for each row and lights for each row. I like the built in blue tooth as well. So there no distracting holding a phone.for the price its very good.

So Far So Good

by First Time Chrysler Buyer from Canada on Sun Apr 27 2014

I bought a 2013 Ddoge Journey for my wife. Her previous two cars were Vovlos. She wanted a vehicle where she sat a little higher and had a 3rd row seat for the grandchildren. I did a fair amount of research and test drove most of the popular SUV's with my wife and she decided on the Journey. In our minds the Journey was the best value for the moneyy. We have put just over 6,000 miles on it and have had no problems. The fuel consumption was a little heavy at the beggining but is getting better. We have the 6 cylinder Pentastar engine. The Uconnect system in the Journey was the easiest one to use of all the SUVs we tested. I'll report back at 10,000 miles

The right car for us....

by YellowDuck from Guelph ON Canada on Mon Jan 27 2014

We wanted something with decent luggage space, AWD, some towing capacity, and preferably with occasional-use 3rd row seating. We weren't really considering Dodge because of the poor interiors in past models, but then we drove a Fiat Freemont (same car as the Journey) in Italy and were impressed. We were also cross-shopping the Nissan Pathfinder but ultimately got put off by all of the reports of issues with the CVT. I see the Dodge Journey as kind of a poor-man's XC-70. Our Journey is loaded and we just love all of the features - keyless entry, remote start, automatic lights, automatic dual zone climate control, rearview camera, satellite radio, nav, rear DVD - just every gizmo imaginable and easy to use through the 8.4" screen with UConnect. Heated leather seats (and steering wheel!) are nice and the car is very quiet. Too bad they can't replicate Nissan's massive sunroof - the one in the Journey is a bit small. All optioned up this car after discounts was in the $36k range (Canada, before tax) so that is not cheap, but you sure get a lot for that money. We only have 1000 km on it so far so reliability is an unknown, but it sure is doing well getting us through this very snowy winter. Perfect car for us! Only real complaint is that the fancy optional "pearl white" paint is not well colour-matched - the plastic bumper covers are very noticeably darker than the rest of the car. Doesn't bother me much but some folks might be annoyed by that. Order a different colour if you are fussy about such things.

Atutomobile with many facets

by Expert from Phoenix, AZ on Mon Feb 25 2013

Dodge Journey R/T, great handling, excellent performance, plenty of space and storage compartments. Good gas milage for the performance you get. Alpine sound system. Great all around vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2013 Dodge Journey

The 2013 Dodge Journey is an aging but competitive midsize crossover representing significant value, but the trade-off of more space for worse gas mileage may be too much for more frugal shoppers.

When it was first introduced in 2008 as a 2009 model, the Dodge Journey didn't really impress, but big changes were made for the 2011 model year that got buyers' attention. Gone was the hideous dashboard, replaced by a far better one-piece design made of soft plastics and high-quality buttons. Gone was the outdated audio and navigation system, replaced by Chrysler's excellent Uconnect system, which we've praised in other models. The buzzy old 3.7-liter V-6 engine was punted in favor... Read More