2013 Journey

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

AWESOME AND AMAZING CAR WITH A GREAT PRICE

by MOM2ONE from COOLIDGE, TEXAS on November 18, 2012

THIS IS ONE AMAZING VEHICLE. I HAVE THE 2013 AND IT IS SO SAFETY ORIENTED THAT WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING SOME FEATURES ARE DISABLED SO YOU KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD. I HAVE A TEEN WHO LOVES DRIVING IT ALSO. THE CAR IS STYLISH AND HAS SO MANY NEAT FEATURES THAT YOU JUST WOULD HAVE TO SEE TO BELIEVE. THE CAR HANDLES LIKE A DREAM HAS PLENTY OF ROOM AND COMFORTABLE WITH PLENTY OF LEG ROOM FRONT AND BACK. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!

First time Canadian Chrysler buyer

by Still a great car from Ontario on September 8, 2015

As promised in my April 27, 2014 post, I am providing an update. The car is now two years old and has 25,000 miles on it. Our car has the 3.6 Petastar, 3?rd row seating, 8.4 inch Uconnect system, roof racks, premium sound system, DVD player, rear air conditioning, push button start, heated seats and steering wheel, back up camera and is front wheel drive only. I?ve had three problems since I bought the car. All were fixed promptly under the 3 year 36,000 mile basic warranty. The first issue was that the one of the rear floor storage compartments leaked. The dealership resealed the unit and I have not had a problem with it since. The second and third issues were with the front end. At around 20,000 miles I noticed noises from the front end when going over small bumps. The dealership replaced the struts and lower control arms and realigned the car. This fixed my front end noise problems. As noticed in other comments the transmission shifts can be a bit rough. However, I had read a number of blogs and watched a number of reviews on you tube before I bought this car and virtually every one of them said that the transmission was a little rough. So, this was expected. I did mention the rough shifts to the dealership and they reset the transmission control module back to factory settings. This did not help much. All in all I find the vehicle very comfortable and easy to drive. The 3.6 Pentastar has all the power you would ever need. The Uconnect (infotainment system) is still by far the very best I?ve seen in any vehicle. In my opinion, great value for the money, I?d recommend this car to anyone.

Just what I was looking for

by Journeyowner from Maryland on April 15, 2013

I did research beyond belief for atleast a year before making a decision on a car to buy. I went back and forth from SUVs to cars, and this is definitely the best of both worlds! Roomy enough to handle vacations and shopping trips but without the feeling of driving something huge. Also Love the extra storage areas! Great family vehicle!

2013 Journey Excellent Choice

by brathjens from Charlevoix, MI on June 5, 2013

We just purchased a 2013 Dodge Journey SXT last week and absolutely LOVE IT. Initially we were going for a Chevy Equinox and had also test drove a Chevy Traverse. So glad that we ended up test driving the Journey because hands down the Journey beats the Equinox in every category (comfort, pricing, style, third bench seat, etc.) The only thing our Journey did not have that the Equinox did was a rear camera. However, that didn't matter to me after driving it and seeing all that it did have and how it felt behind the wheel. So happy with our Journey and I know you would be too if you tried it out.

3rd Journey

by Rob from Aiken, SC on August 5, 2015

My 2013 is my 3rd Journey. Had a 2010 and 2011 before trading up for the 2013. Has 55k miles on it now and only issues so far is the heater was turning itself on constantly. Took it in for a 'software update' and been fine since. Engine light also came on and the code was for fuel cap leak which went away on its own. Love the look of the Journey and the features in the R/T specifically.

Good SUV

by Kyle from Mesa, AZ on June 18, 2013

I bought this vehicle last month. I drove it off the lot with 18 miles on it. At first, it wasn't getting the gas mileage that is said it would on the sticker, but after 1200 miles on it and a road trip to California, its getting close. I did the math and it was at 24.5 mpg, not 26 like it said, but good enough. And that was driving 80mph through the Arizona desert, with 4 adults and 2 kids in it, and luggage! The car handles great, was comfy with 4 adults and 2 kids riding it in for 6 hours. I would totally recommend the car. Very nice car.

Affordable!!!

by Shelby from maryland on October 25, 2012

I was driving a 94 Toyota that I paid a $1,000 for. After two years it was finally time to upgrade to something nicer and big enough for a family I plan to have in the near future. I went with the Journey because it was affordable! I looked at every make/model/year of all the different car brands. The closest in price I found was the 2013 Equinox! However, my sister in law had the Equinox and had nothing but issues!! I am very happy with my purchase... I have three complaints... the back seats when adding a car seat doesn't have much room. I wish the back window was as big as it appears from the outside and I am sick of people thinking its a van !!!!

QUIETEST SUV I'VE EVER DRIVEN

by BETTER THAN MY CRV from BELLEFONTAINE, OH on September 17, 2013

HAD A HONDA CRV, ACTUALLY HAD 2 OF THEM, AND LOVED THE CAR BUT THEY WERE NOISEY. THEY RODE DECENT, BUT WERE JUST A LITTLE CHEAP AND FLIMSY. SO I BOUGHT A NEW DODGE JOURNEY LUX AWD V6. YOU CAN ACTUALLY WHISPER TO SOMEONE AT 60 MPH AND THEY CAN HEAR YOU. THE DOOR PANELS ARE NICE QUALITY AND THE SEAT LEATHER IS NICE. LOVE THE INFORMATION CENTER THIS IS TOP NOTCH. ONLY COMPLAINTS ARE NEED THE FRONT OF THE BUCKETS TO HAVE AN INDIVIDUAL HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT. THE BRAKES HAD TO BE REPLACED AT 50K AND THE ALTERNATOR WENT OUT AT 51K BUT THEY DID A 50-50 WITH ME ON THAT AND I WAS "OK" WITH THAT. I GET ABOUT 25 HIGHWAY AND ABOUT 21 COMBINED. HAD A BUICK RAINER THAT GOT ONLY 16 SO I'M HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. I HAVE BEEN A CAR SALESMAN FOR 34 YEARS( MOSTLY TOYOTA AND HONDA) SO I KNOW CARS AND THIS IS A NICE RIDE FOR THE MONEY.

reliable suv

by peace4lauren from kenosha,wi on March 4, 2013

Brought 2013 dodge journey sxt model. Love it. I have the v6 engine and awd. With third row. The drive is very comfortable and it has lots of storage. The only thing i don't like its not captain seats. So if you have two carseats in 2nd row. Its hard to get to third row. But other than that its roomy also i like the separate heat for each row and lights for each row. I like the built in blue tooth as well. So there no distracting holding a phone.for the price its very good.

So Far So Good

by First Time Chrysler Buyer from Canada on April 27, 2014

I bought a 2013 Ddoge Journey for my wife. Her previous two cars were Vovlos. She wanted a vehicle where she sat a little higher and had a 3rd row seat for the grandchildren. I did a fair amount of research and test drove most of the popular SUV's with my wife and she decided on the Journey. In our minds the Journey was the best value for the moneyy. We have put just over 6,000 miles on it and have had no problems. The fuel consumption was a little heavy at the beggining but is getting better. We have the 6 cylinder Pentastar engine. The Uconnect system in the Journey was the easiest one to use of all the SUVs we tested. I'll report back at 10,000 miles

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8