2014 Dodge Journey

All Reviews

by from Brooklyn Park, MN on June 25, 2014

The choice to purchase this vehicle was excellent!!! 2014 Dodge Journey Limited AWD w/ 3rd row seat Stylish/Comfort/Technology/Roominess/Performance/Storage Elegant Tan Leather Seating/Heated Seats & Steering Wheel/Sound and Cruise controls convenient/Extra storage in floors of passenger and cargo area. The only thing it lacked when purchased was trailer towing pkg., Got a class three with instillation & wiring $ 400.00. This vehicle out-shined Ford, Buick, GM and Chevrolet Combined Rebates and Discounts $ 8,000.00 Chevrolet/GMC/Buick could not even be driven because of recalls... Dealer couldn't allow test drv. Ford Grossly Over Priced... My Dodge Journey out performs all of them and far less money than the others. Only negative is fuel economy, but the others were the same...

by from on April 4, 2015

I bought my new 2014 Dodge Journey last August. I have the stx, 2.4 liter, five passenger and front wheel drive model. I have put 5,900 miles on it so far and have had zero problems whatsoever. This was not my first choice of car as I wanted something sportier but my Dodge Journey has been more than I had hoped for in a car. It drives so very smoothly with one exception. If I drive with JUST the back windows open, the inside rattles and there is a very loud, fast continuous thumping sound. It goes away if you have only the front windows down or all four windows down. That is the ONLY fault I have found. My Journey is the best deal for a new car that I have found. The interior is incredible. Sure there are two speedometers, one digital and one regular which seems an overkill but the touch screen and sound system are fantastic. It took me some time to get used to the push button starter but even that has become nice to have. If you are looking for a new SUV or crossover, the Dodge Journey is worth a test drive.

by from Gallatin, TN on April 4, 2014

I bought my new Journey in December of 2013 - had it less than a week before I had to take it back to the dealer because of an issue with the brakes. They took about 10 days to fix it (dropped it off on NYE). Since getting it back I haven't had an issue. I've taken it on 2 long road trips - it is comfortable and I LOVE the way it looks. It's not great on gas, but I am getting better mileage than expected. I'm averaging 24 city/27 hwy. It doesn't accelerate well when the air is running - it tends to hesitate a bit, as if asking, "are you sure you want to do that?!" but I suppose that's expected with any large 4 cylinder. Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle.

by from Baton Rouge, LA on December 12, 2013

I've had my car for two weeks now and I'm enjoy driving it every mintue.I feel like I'm in heaven seen I drove my last car for thirteen years.

by from Mexico on October 29, 2013

Real 7 passenger seating, all the gadgets, superb pentastar V6 286hp and the best brakes ever (compared with other chrysler/dodge/jeep cars I've owned). Yes, maybe not the best design SUV in the market. Reliable, sporty and budget.

by from Sparta, Tennessee on February 9, 2015

So Far I absolutely love Journey. I have had it for about 3 months. I went from a Grand Caravan and Grand Am to the Journey. Don't miss the Grand am at all and only miss the little extra room in the Caravan. Has plenty of Power with the 3.6 6 speed Auto with manual. If something where to happen to it I would go get another one. very pleased and I am very picky very picky!! when it comes to a car.

by from Donna, TX on December 6, 2013

Comfort is OK. Smooth ride; pickup of speed is a little hesitant. Exterior design is beautiful. Interior design is a bit skimped on. The visors are a bit small and provide a little protection from the sun while driving. The dividing accessory box in the middle of the driver and passenger is too, too compact; just too small. The third row of seats are better left down because the head sets inhibit the rear view.

by from Chicago,IL on June 12, 2017

This car would be a good car for the money if the extras you paid extra for would work. This car has 40, 000 miles and the GPS has broken twice. No the Altenator just fried our battery. For they money you expect the car to last more than 40, 000 before it leaves you stranded on the side of the highway. First time in owning a car/truck I had to get it towed to get fixed.

by from Akron ohio on October 29, 2013

Handleing is very good, inside controls are easy to use. The 4 cylinder has some fairly good pickup for a 2.4, but dont expect a Hemi. The color & coating are very beautiful.It is comfortable but seems a little stiff.

by from Aberdeen N.C on July 21, 2014

I traded my saturn in at the dodge dealer expecting to get a dodge ram truck. But I test drove some other vehicles and the journey was great for the grandchildren, And the comfort is really nice. The vehicle is very tight know noice very smooth ride. This journey has the 4 cylinder has alot of power I dont gun it and race like my younger years. I have about 300 miles on it at this time I am very pleased with the journey so far.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Dodge Journey