Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Journey

2014 Dodge Journey

2014 Dodge Journey

4.1

Have You Driven the 2014 Dodge Journey?

Extremely Happy with my 2014 Dodge Journey

by Frederick from Brooklyn Park, MN on Wed Jun 25 2014

The choice to purchase this vehicle was excellent!!! 2014 Dodge Journey Limited AWD w/ 3rd row seat Stylish/Comfort/Technology/Roominess/Performance/Storage Elegant Tan Leather Seating/Heated Seats & Steering Wheel/Sound and Cruise controls convenient/Extra storage in floors of passenger and cargo area. The only thing it lacked when purchased was trailer towing pkg., Got a class three with instillation & wiring $ 400.00. This vehicle out-shined Ford, Buick, GM and Chevrolet Combined Rebates and Discounts $ 8,000.00 Chevrolet/GMC/Buick could not even be driven because of recalls... Dealer couldn't allow test drv. Ford Grossly Over Priced... My Dodge Journey out performs all of them and far less money than the others. Only negative is fuel economy, but the others were the same...

Worth a Test Drive

by Happy in Michigan from on Sat Apr 04 2015

I bought my new 2014 Dodge Journey last August. I have the stx, 2.4 liter, five passenger and front wheel drive model. I have put 5,900 miles on it so far and have had zero problems whatsoever. This was not my first choice of car as I wanted something sportier but my Dodge Journey has been more than I had hoped for in a car. It drives so very smoothly with one exception. If I drive with JUST the back windows open, the inside rattles and there is a very loud, fast continuous thumping sound. It goes away if you have only the front windows down or all four windows down. That is the ONLY fault I have found. My Journey is the best deal for a new car that I have found. The interior is incredible. Sure there are two speedometers, one digital and one regular which seems an overkill but the touch screen and sound system are fantastic. It took me some time to get used to the push button starter but even that has become nice to have. If you are looking for a new SUV or crossover, the Dodge Journey is worth a test drive.

Surprisingly Good Vehicle!

by 1st Time Dodge Owner from Gallatin, TN on Fri Apr 04 2014

I bought my new Journey in December of 2013 - had it less than a week before I had to take it back to the dealer because of an issue with the brakes. They took about 10 days to fix it (dropped it off on NYE). Since getting it back I haven't had an issue. I've taken it on 2 long road trips - it is comfortable and I LOVE the way it looks. It's not great on gas, but I am getting better mileage than expected. I'm averaging 24 city/27 hwy. It doesn't accelerate well when the air is running - it tends to hesitate a bit, as if asking, "are you sure you want to do that?!" but I suppose that's expected with any large 4 cylinder. Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle.

The best option for your money

by mricoh from Mexico on Tue Oct 29 2013

Real 7 passenger seating, all the gadgets, superb pentastar V6 286hp and the best brakes ever (compared with other chrysler/dodge/jeep cars I've owned). Yes, maybe not the best design SUV in the market. Reliable, sporty and budget.

I love my Journey

by Traveler from Sparta, Tennessee on Mon Feb 09 2015

So Far I absolutely love Journey. I have had it for about 3 months. I went from a Grand Caravan and Grand Am to the Journey. Don't miss the Grand am at all and only miss the little extra room in the Caravan. Has plenty of Power with the 3.6 6 speed Auto with manual. If something where to happen to it I would go get another one. very pleased and I am very picky very picky!! when it comes to a car.

In 40,000 miles the Navigation has broke twice.

by Mr.PinkPancake from Chicago,IL on Mon Jun 12 2017

This car would be a good car for the money if the extras you paid extra for would work. This car has 40, 000 miles and the GPS has broken twice. No the Altenator just fried our battery. For they money you expect the car to last more than 40, 000 before it leaves you stranded on the side of the highway. First time in owning a car/truck I had to get it towed to get fixed.

Does not recommend this car!!

Dodge Journey review

by black cat moan from Akron ohio on Tue Oct 29 2013

Handleing is very good, inside controls are easy to use. The 4 cylinder has some fairly good pickup for a 2.4, but dont expect a Hemi. The color & coating are very beautiful.It is comfortable but seems a little stiff.

My Journey

by The Golfer from Aberdeen N.C on Mon Jul 21 2014

I traded my saturn in at the dodge dealer expecting to get a dodge ram truck. But I test drove some other vehicles and the journey was great for the grandchildren, And the comfort is really nice. The vehicle is very tight know noice very smooth ride. This journey has the 4 cylinder has alot of power I dont gun it and race like my younger years. I have about 300 miles on it at this time I am very pleased with the journey so far.

Journey Limited

by Prince McCropDuster from Chicago, IL on Thu Mar 23 2017

I recently bought a 2014 Journey Limited. When I went into the dealership I was going in to look at a different SUV but this guy caught my eye. Interior is cut to the finest and the exterior is the same. The one minor issue I have is that it could use a little more on the front end acceleration. The one major issue I have is the gas mileage is nothing to write home about. It does have the option for the E85 but that gas is a joke. I can't speak to the reliability because I have only had it for 2 and a half months but overall I am extremely satisfied.

Reliable

by Tsheri89 from Detroit,MI on Thu Apr 13 2017

If your looking for a no frills nothing fancy crossover then this is the car for you. I have the SXT and it's just very basic nothing really interesting. The third row comes in handy even though there's not much leg room. The sound system is nice people seem to think I have aftermarket speakers when I don't. I'm not a fan of the push button start, the car has been left running in my drive way over night more times then I can count by my teenage son. The keys have gotten lost in the car a few times too. If you take the key fob out of the car and it's running you can drive off with the car and it doesn't disable. Never had any major issues in the 3 years I've had it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2014 Dodge Journey

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2013 about the 2013 Dodge Journey. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2013 Dodge Journey is an aging but competitive midsize crossover representing significant value, but the trade-off of more space for worse gas mileage may be too much for more frugal shoppers.

When it was first introduced in 2008 as a 2009 model, the Dodge Journey didn't really impress, but big changes were made for the 2011 model year that got buyers' attention. Gone was the hideous dashboard, replaced by a far better one-piece design made of soft plastics and... Read More