2001 Dodge Ram 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2001 Ram 1500 Dodge
Explore the 2001 Ram 1500 Dodge
Shop the 2001 Ram 1500 Dodge
4.4

This is the toughest and most reliable engine.

This vehicle meets all my need and surpasses them I absolutely love my truck and would never ever get rid of it not even over My Dead body.

4.1

Best first truck

This truck is solid i am a 17 year old girl and I love this thing to death much rather this than any new truck have had little to no problems since purchase

3.7

Had some kick

This truck is great. I drove it everyday in high school. I will miss it. I don’t have anything else to say I’m just trying to reach the minimum.

3.6

Great truck, terrible gas mileage

Truck ride is really comfortable, very reliable in the sense that it starts all the time, heating system issues are a constant pain in the butt, and the gas mileage stinks. If you need a workhorse, something to pull trailer with or snow plowing, and this is your vehicle. For a daily commuting vehicle, this is not the one.

4.3

I think my airbag malfunction it crack my dash

And now my heater is not working properly had a white powder coming out the vents and it's not blowing out hea that is the airbag on the passenger side

second best truck i've ever had

I bought mine second hand for 600 dollars, three years ago, it had 180 thousand miles, looked a little beat up, but I have had no trouble at all with this truck, mine is the Magnum V8, it does everything I need it to and then some, I have kept the oil and filters changed, now I have 220 thousand miles and it still runs great, had to finally replace the heater core and the alternator, but that's it.

4.0

Great work truck

You never know how much you need a truck to do things until you don?t have one. This would a great local work truck or for your child?s first vehicle to help keep them safe.

1.7

150k is a death sentence for these pieces of s#!*

I've owned two of these trucks, a v6 and a v8. Both were nothing but trouble. Both ended up dead at around 150k. Disgusting gas mileage, horrible transmissions.. should've been recalled, craptastic on all fronts. Dont buy a dodge unless you need something to push off a cliff.

Bought my 2001, 1500 on 09/08/2000, 3.9 L engine,

Now at 414,00 miles original engine!!! Never took it to a mechanic, changed oil every 3,000 miles, but have replaced nearly every other part once, some twice, some three times. Chevy & Ford wish they were as reliable!

A Great Truck

Honestly has been one of the best trucks I have owned. Very reliable. Very little needed mechanically. Truly loved owning it. Powerful, sleek, and comfortable.