2001 Ram 1500

4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Second Dodge Truck I've owned

by CT1069 from Miami Florida on February 12, 2013

I had never owned a truck and bought a 1994 Dodge Laramie 1500 to do a project. I expected to sell the truck when I was done. I loved it so much I kept it but alas, I was hit from behind and the insurance company would fix it so I went out looking for another Dodge. I was lucky fo find my 2001 Dodge Laramie Extended Cab with an 8 foot bed and pneumatic load levelers. I am the third owner of this truck and while it hasn't been babied it is very good condition. The interior is almost brand-new. The materials that they have chosen are far better than the older truck that I owned. The upholstery material has held up very well and there are no tears, particularly on the drivers seat where careless drivers don't lift their butts to get out of the vehicle. The cab is very well laid out and unlike the domestic pickups from Chevy and Ford, the fold up center console is a real usable desk. Mine is the extended cab version which has sufficient room to accommodate six people in the cab in a pinch. Of course the back seat's just a little bit crowded legroom wise. It folds up easily from either side and there are small compartments underneath it for storage of things like extension cords, basic tools, and the like. The exterior styling of the vehicle still is timeless. This is the last model year and beginning in 2002 they freshened design slightly but still the truck looks much the same. The engine starts and runs strongly, the transmission shifts smoothly and the truck has a great sound. The cabin is actually well insulated and quite quiet. Okay, now for all the bad stuff. It's been my experience in this truck and the last one that for a sun unprotected dashboard, you can expected to crack and disintegrate. Likewise the bezel around the instruments also tends to crack. On this truck I've removed the insturment bezels and coated the cracks with epoxy from the inside which seems to hold it together. You can buy aftermarket dash covers for about $150 and diecut carpet covers for under $50 which will protect the dash from the sun. In this sunny state, you can expect the exterior paint to become sunburned. I just had the truck painted and it looks like 1 million bucks. The long wheelbase version of this truck with the 8 foot bed makes making a U-turn quite difficult. You must have three lanes in order to effectively make a U-turn however I can haul a ton of stuff and with a bed mounted toolbox I have a mile of room for hauling tools and material. Talking about shortcomings on the interior, the map light switches on both lights no longer work properly and the sunglass holder class in the overhead console broke which I have repaired with epoxy. Comparing Chevy' design of the similar feature is superior. As everybody else has complained about the gas mileage (this truck has the 5.2 L, 318 in.? V-8 and I get about 12 miles around town and 17 On the hwy which I consider far superior to the 9 miles around town and 13 on the hwy. That I got with my 5.9 L in the 1994 Dodge truck I had before). But overall, I absolutely love this truck. I love the way it looks, I love the way it drives, I love the way it sounds, I love the way it rides and I love the amount of stuff that I can put in it and it's reliable and it doesn't complain.

best truck i ever owned my first 360 5.9liter

by dodgeramfan from on April 17, 2017

Ive got over 220,000 miles on my dodge ram .its the most reliable truck ive ever had trans and engine run smooth . plenty of room in frnt seat.

OFF ROAD edition

by Max from Colorado boonies on October 31, 2014

I have the original Off Road edition I bought new with all the cool stuff on it, this truck has never let me down. With 90k and I still have the original brakes on it, this truck is awesome.

Uses car for Off-roading

Loved this Truck So Much!

by bamawolfie from Manchester NH on July 1, 2017

I received my 2001 Dodge Ram as a gift in 2006. I drove this truck for 11 years. She carried me all over The South and northward to New England. She was reliable and loved. I did have to start replacing parts over the last year, but every part being replaced was a factory part... and she was WELL over 150K. She was at 201K when I traded her. Loved this truck!

Great Truck for Pulling

by Monte from San Diego, CA on February 12, 2008

2001 Diesel Sport Cuad Dodge truck. Very good truck and can pull anything. But not much room in rear seat. Too much plastic inside interior.

Allways broken, not tough enough.

by Max Fival from Grand Prairie Alberta on July 4, 2017

She was a good little truck but if you want s truck to use and grunt threw work look elsewhere. The 5.2 is gutless and the drive train is shabby. She can't take the cold the wet or the northern Canadian weather. I love to drive these trucks they are fun to own buy just don't work well after 200,000km. Be careful if you buy one and have if inspected befor purchase.

Does not recommend this car!!

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 5.9 4x4

by Marcus from Wisconsin on February 7, 2017

i love my Dodge Ram. Its a very reliability truck but i have had lots of problems with the truck. I'm the 3rd owner and the last 2 didn't take care of it. the truck has 130,000 miles and its still kicking just fine. i have only owned the truck for 9 months and i have replaced the fuel pump,water pump,ball joints lots of senors and many more parts. i have towed and off road with the truck and she does good. The Dodge has no problem towing and going through the mud or snow if its not to deep. It has been starting up it the winter even when the temperature is -10 out. The truck sits outside the whole year and always starts up for the most part. Like if the fuel pump goes out or a senor its not starting up. Over all i'm very happy with my truck and i plan on doing a lot of work to it.

Best truck I owned

by Goldie from San antonio,tx on April 16, 2016

I love the 2011 dodge ram 1500 with the hemi. .......I'll be back for the 2015 later in time......I like the way it drives it as alot of power which I like. .....it's very comfortable as well.......and must I say the sound system is awesome. ......

01 dodge ram 1500 laramie 5.2 lt.

by RoBert mateo from irving on August 21, 2017

I own this truck for about 10 years now the truck is amazing and it handles really good, the only major issue I had with it was and still is the dashboard face is impossible to find a good replacement for it. Is still a great Truck since it came out I felt in lo e with it and would not change it for any other

Great truck!

by Caleb on August 15, 2017

Great truck! Own the 2wd 5.9 magnum. awesome sound out of the v8 engine options. perfect for mopar chrysler fans out there. excellent truck to own as long as maintenance is done every little bit.

1 2 3 4