2002 Dodge Ram 1500

I test drove this truck

by from Decatur, Alabama on September 18, 2017

this truck had everything i wanted on the inside just had the wrong motor for what i wanted. smooth running, plenty of leg room, nice cold air.
Not Rated Reliability

Best truck I have ever owned

by from Franklinton, NC on September 11, 2017

The truck meets all my needs. The interior is comfortable and roomy. The 8foot bed makes carrying 8foot plywood easy. Even my wife likes to drive it. We bought it to use around the 1 acre lot to draw brush,leaves and branches to the landfill and carry mulch and fertilizer for our yard.

Uses car for Havingfun

Work Truck

by from Iowa on September 11, 2017

Good ol work truck. 5.9 engine strong transmission. This was the last year before some major changes(Hemi). I consider this truck to be heavier duty than the following years. I would like to have the more powerful Hemi but don't feel the 4x4 or tranny is as strong with newer models. On the down side they get better gas mileage, mine is poor.

The best truck I've ever had with no issues.

by from Holton, Kansas on July 7, 2017

I never expected this truck to last this long without any mechanical issues. I received this vehicle 100,000 miles ago and I love using it but at this point I'm wanting to just save it in this condition.

One of the best trucks I have

by from Oklahoma on July 1, 2017

The truck pulls trailers really well. The paint hasn't faded. The bed of the truck is very sturdy and doesn't dent easy. Hardly anything has gone wrong with it. The dashboard is the only thing that is really fragile.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Trusted truck

by from South Jersey on May 6, 2017

True to form pick up that is able to put muscle where it's needed and when. Only issue with the early 2000 models are the possible rear differential will go bad.

Great vehicle at a great price.

by from Montrose, MO on April 30, 2017

Exactly what I was looking for. I needed a vehicle that could pull my camper. This Dodge Ram will more than do the job.

Uses car for Towing

Good runner

by from on March 27, 2017

Got a great deal on a used 2002 Dodge Ram from Big John's Ford in Minden, NE. Great mileage & shape for an older truck.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 slt quad cab

by from Ireton,iowa on November 6, 2016

I would be happier with it if it would shift right and stop acting like it don't want to shift and I can't stand it

As Good As It Gets

by from Ropesville, TX on January 12, 2016

I bought this truck over 5 years with 75k miles and have put over 100k more on it since then. It is the full-size half ton 5-Speed Manual trans with the 4.7L V8 engine rear-wheel drive model. I have pulled, hauled, over-hauled, mudded, and vacationed in this vehicle and it hasn't let me down a single time. There are some common cosmetic, heating, and electrical issues, but nothing that shouldn't be expected with nearly 200k miles on it. Definitely recommend!

Our Expert Review: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500