2002 Dodge Ram 1500

very dependable after 100,000 miles

by from alabama on November 21, 2007

I bought my truck with 100 thousand plus miles already on it. I could not believe the power the engine has and the comfort of the ride. The stereo system, power seats and extra storage space beneath the back seats made it perfect for those long rides to the job site. The next full size truck I own will definitely be a Dodge.

2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

by from on October 9, 2009

Very powerful and comfortable! Surprised by the smooth ride of a 4X4...Gas mileage wasn't a plus but definitely wasn't an issue when it came to hauling.

great truck

by from bristol,in on December 15, 2011

great truck has been great to me have not had any problems at all i have owned mine for a year now and it has over 175000 miles on it the onley bad is i onley get 11 mpg but a good sacerfice for being abale to tow anything and have good get up when towing

Uses car for Towing

good value

by from ca on May 12, 2011

Most reliable vehicle with the fewest repairs I have ever owned. It drives and handles like a sedan but gives you the availability of a pickup.

GREAT TRUCK for the money

by from Kansas on September 20, 2013

Bought mine new in 2002. 5.9 standard cab SLT and IT IS LOADED! To buy this truck new today would cost $35,000. Mine still looks & runs like I bought new again. These RAMS new were incredible, and if you can find a used one that's been taken care, you will be impressed. Gas mileage is always the hot button with trucks. Sure a new truck might get a couple extra miles per gallon, but again, I can buy A LOT OF GAS with that $35,000 price difference. I plan to keep this truck for many years, or until someone can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Good Vehicle

by from Cleveland, OH on February 6, 2007

Bought my Dodge 2002 as a dealer demo in 2003 and have very few problems, except a leaky gas cap. Can't complain.

awesome truck

by from frostburg, md on January 16, 2012

i got a 2002 quad cab, 4WD. awesome truck. i wanted tons of power so i got the 5.9. it uses alot of gas but thats the price you pay for power. comfortable ride, 6 disc cd changer, A/C. power windows, power locks. i love this truck its awesome

reliable as my fatherĀ“s 1979 Dodge D-100 club cab.

by from McAllen, TX on October 29, 2011

excelent gas consumption w the v8 magnum 4.7l , if you are a mecanic enthusiast, you can do all repairs by your self, it has some troubles w quality in plastics (interior), soft ride and plenty of space to drive comfty.

great truck

by from VT on September 3, 2013

I bought both of my 1500 rams with high mileage and had to do some work over the years, but nothing unexpected for the mileage. One was 270,000 when I sold it, some rust but still a reliable truck. The second 260,000 miles again rust repair, but ALWAYS got me where I wanted to go. Never stranded. I had regular maintenance and 1000 mile oil changes. I think it is how they are cared for. The rust is an issue with every truck I have seen.

i owned

by from pueblo colorado on October 31, 2013

The truck 182000mile. No oil leaks very good running . I Chang oil 7500 miles it get 22 highway 13 town . I had it for 7years. All I done is change the thermostat and plugs. Very good truck

Our Expert Review: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500