2014 Edge

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

I Bought A Second One

by Miss Sparkles from El Paso, TX on May 8, 2014

This is my second Ford Edge because my fist one was totaled with me and my husband in it. We were so amazed at all the safety features and how minimal our injuries were that we bought the second one. We drive our Edge with total confidence. The technology is awesome.l keep my eyes on the road and tell the computer to call my husband or change the temperature. I never get lost because of the navigation system. The seats are very comfortable and I'm able to take road trips with out having an aching back. I love it!

excellent buy

by tim from Tyler, Tx on February 22, 2016

Bought a 2007 ford edge in 07 for my wife, she liked it so well nothing else seemed right. Bought a 2014 Ford Edge and love it, reliable, low maintenance, smooth handling, and great value buying it a year old but still under factory warranty.

My new Ford Edge

by Dick from Baxter, Minn on August 26, 2014

The Edge neatly fills my need, as an older person, for simplicity and design features in a multi-purpose vehicle. Instrument panel visible, easy access, About 18 MPG around town, great climate control, Very comfortable seats and space front and back. Many very important safety features. Well planned opportunity to test drive vehicle and have personal tutorial about how all features operate. There were 2 personal follow-up calls from dealer rep to make sure things were OK. Many positive comments re color and appearance. Look forward to testlng it out in winter driving.

A Fantastic Car!!!

by mojokorn from Santa Cruz, CA on September 10, 2014

Overview: I've only had my 2014 Ford Edge for two weeks and really really like it! It has plenty of power and a smooth ride that rivals the Lexus 330 - that I had as a loaner car about 2 years ago. All at $15k less than the cost of the luxury SUVs. A great ride and a great value for sure. Two things are "must-haves" for me in a car... Leather Seats and a Big Engine. The Ford option packages allowed me to get them both without having to upgrade to a Limited packages - in turn saving about $10k compared to other SUVs in this class. Interior: The leather trim, roomy interior and touch screen console are fantastic. There are a lot of reviews saying the that the touch sense buttons are hard to use, but they are pretty easy to get used to - takes about a week to tune into the touch beeps instead of looking at the dash for confirmation. Exterior/Styling: I love the way this car looks. It has more class and styling that other SUVs which tend to be to either rounded or too boxy. The ultra wide stance, shortened front end and rear wheel placement on this car are down right cool. I know this comes down to personal taste, but the styling is what made me look at this car in the first place. The Consumer Reports reliability rating (Very Good) sealed the deal for me. The only bummer is the plastic chrome wheel covers - I much prefer the look of true alloy wheels. Of course after-market alloy wheels are always an option. Handling: As noted this beast has plenty of power with a 285 HP engine and it rides silky smooth on the highway. Some reviews note that it doesn't handle well in the turns, but basic physics will tell you that no SUV handles well in turns. If that's important to you, then you should be looking at sports cars instead of SUVs. The truth is that it handles very well in turns - just not as well as a sports car. One small thing to note is that the steering on the Front Wheel Drive version does pull and get a little squirlly when punching the accelerator. I'd bet the All Wheel Drive version doesn't do that. Reliability: Consumer Reports is the gold standard for reliability ratings and gave this car a 77 (Very Good) as compared to an 83 (Very Good) for the Toyota mid size SUVs and crossovers. Same same in my opinion - and $10k less. Nit-picky Stuff: As you can tell, I love this SUV. A few things that would be nice upgrades... - Self-latching rear hatch. My previous car had this and it always ensured that the rear hatch was completely closed. It is possible on the Edge to half close the hatch, so you have to give it a tug to ensure that it closed. - Door handles are on the inner part of the door. Putting them farther out would allow more torque when pulling them closed. Hence it takes a little more effort to close the doors. This is compensated with spring point that closes the door once pulled in a little. So in the end not too bad. - The back floor wheel cover could be a little heavier gauge material. They likely made it lighter for easy access to the spare tire, but there's probably a better sweet spot for this. If you're looking for a midsized SUV, the Ford Edge is worth a test drive and serious consideration.

Ford Edge SEL

by G-Muny from san diego, ca on August 16, 2014

Well, I'm new to owning this car, but I love it! The voice activated navigation, entertainment (iPod) and phone link will take a little getting used to, but I knew that going in. I would highly suggest the back-up camera with the large screen display, the windows in the back are swept up for style, and can make seeing everything you need to see while backing up, very difficult. Something else I knew going in. I did not want one with a moon-roof, because the head-liner seemed loose and likely to be a problem later. Other than that...I love my new car 100%!

Ford trucks and now the Edge.

by Ginger from Marietta, Ohio on September 22, 2014

I am very happy with everything on the Edge. What I would add is a handhold on the driver's side. I am 85 and could swing myself easier into the F150 Super Crew which I traded for the Edge. Also, for some reason the back window on the cargo area accumulates a lot of road dust. Overall, I really do like my Edge Limited and would recommend it to everyone.

I love the Ford edge

by diamondlindi from chehalis, wa. on June 6, 2014

This is my second Edge. I love this SUV !!! comfortable, reliable, great gas mileage for a SUV....wouldn't buy anything else!!! Thanks Ford!!!

Satisfied

by Deb from Lumberton on March 17, 2017

The only drawbacks are in didn't hold out and get navigation and there is absolutely no where within reach to place my cell phone.

Beautiful blend of power and refinement

by NomadicLyf from Gaithersburg on September 12, 2017

Plenty of space and power. Balanced power ratio in all gears. Fun to drive all round SUV. Comfortable seats, lot of legroom.

Lovin my Edge

by kream63 from on June 16, 2015

JUST BOUGHT MY FORD EDGE, AND I LOVE IT! The only draw back is that mines didnt come with sunroof nor rhe start up button. Over all im enjoying it!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12