NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Edge

2014 Ford Edge

2014 Ford Edge

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Ford Edge?

My new Ford Edge

by Dick from Baxter, Minn on Tue Aug 26 2014

The Edge neatly fills my need, as an older person, for simplicity and design features in a multi-purpose vehicle. Instrument panel visible, easy access, About 18 MPG around town, great climate control, Very comfortable seats and space front and back. Many very important safety features. Well planned opportunity to test drive vehicle and have personal tutorial about how all features operate. There were 2 personal follow-up calls from dealer rep to make sure things were OK. Many positive comments re color and appearance. Look forward to testlng it out in winter driving.

A Fantastic Car!!!

by mojokorn from Santa Cruz, CA on Wed Sep 10 2014

Overview: I've only had my 2014 Ford Edge for two weeks and really really like it! It has plenty of power and a smooth ride that rivals the Lexus 330 - that I had as a loaner car about 2 years ago. All at $15k less than the cost of the luxury SUVs. A great ride and a great value for sure. Two things are "must-haves" for me in a car... Leather Seats and a Big Engine. The Ford option packages allowed me to get them both without having to upgrade to a Limited packages - in turn saving about $10k compared to other SUVs in this class. Interior: The leather trim, roomy interior and touch screen console are fantastic. There are a lot of reviews saying the that the touch sense buttons are hard to use, but they are pretty easy to get used to - takes about a week to tune into the touch beeps instead of looking at the dash for confirmation. Exterior/Styling: I love the way this car looks. It has more class and styling that other SUVs which tend to be to either rounded or too boxy. The ultra wide stance, shortened front end and rear wheel placement on this car are down right cool. I know this comes down to personal taste, but the styling is what made me look at this car in the first place. The Consumer Reports reliability rating (Very Good) sealed the deal for me. The only bummer is the plastic chrome wheel covers - I much prefer the look of true alloy wheels. Of course after-market alloy wheels are always an option. Handling: As noted this beast has plenty of power with a 285 HP engine and it rides silky smooth on the highway. Some reviews note that it doesn't handle well in the turns, but basic physics will tell you that no SUV handles well in turns. If that's important to you, then you should be looking at sports cars instead of SUVs. The truth is that it handles very well in turns - just not as well as a sports car. One small thing to note is that the steering on the Front Wheel Drive version does pull and get a little squirlly when punching the accelerator. I'd bet the All Wheel Drive version doesn't do that. Reliability: Consumer Reports is the gold standard for reliability ratings and gave this car a 77 (Very Good) as compared to an 83 (Very Good) for the Toyota mid size SUVs and crossovers. Same same in my opinion - and $10k less. Nit-picky Stuff: As you can tell, I love this SUV. A few things that would be nice upgrades... - Self-latching rear hatch. My previous car had this and it always ensured that the rear hatch was completely closed. It is possible on the Edge to half close the hatch, so you have to give it a tug to ensure that it closed. - Door handles are on the inner part of the door. Putting them farther out would allow more torque when pulling them closed. Hence it takes a little more effort to close the doors. This is compensated with spring point that closes the door once pulled in a little. So in the end not too bad. - The back floor wheel cover could be a little heavier gauge material. They likely made it lighter for easy access to the spare tire, but there's probably a better sweet spot for this. If you're looking for a midsized SUV, the Ford Edge is worth a test drive and serious consideration.

Ford trucks and now the Edge.

by Ginger from Marietta, Ohio on Mon Sep 22 2014

I am very happy with everything on the Edge. What I would add is a handhold on the driver's side. I am 85 and could swing myself easier into the F150 Super Crew which I traded for the Edge. Also, for some reason the back window on the cargo area accumulates a lot of road dust. Overall, I really do like my Edge Limited and would recommend it to everyone.

Ford Edge SEL

by G-Muny from san diego, ca on Sat Aug 16 2014

Well, I'm new to owning this car, but I love it! The voice activated navigation, entertainment (iPod) and phone link will take a little getting used to, but I knew that going in. I would highly suggest the back-up camera with the large screen display, the windows in the back are swept up for style, and can make seeing everything you need to see while backing up, very difficult. Something else I knew going in. I did not want one with a moon-roof, because the head-liner seemed loose and likely to be a problem later. Other than that...I love my new car 100%!

I love the Ford edge

by diamondlindi from chehalis, wa. on Fri Jun 06 2014

This is my second Edge. I love this SUV !!! comfortable, reliable, great gas mileage for a SUV....wouldn't buy anything else!!! Thanks Ford!!!

Great on so many levels

by Mari from Jacksonville, FL on Mon Aug 14 2017

I spend a lot of time in my car, because I live 50 miles from where I work. I drove Ford Explorers for years, and like them. Then I decided to get a sporty car, and drove an Audi A4 convertible, which was a nice change for a while. Recently, we decided to go back to an SUV for many reasons, including needing to be able to tow our boat. I didn't want a large SUV and I wanted better gas mileage. This Ford Edge fit the bill on all levels. Roomy and comfortable, even in the backseat. With the 6 cylinder engine and class II towing package, it tows up to 3,500 lbs. I get 25.7 miles to the gallon. It feels solid, handles well, and has a smooth ride. I am short, and the driver's seat adjusts to fit me without needing the adjustable pedals that come on Explorers. Can't speak to reliability yet, because I have only had it a month. But, I will say it is the most comfortable car I've owned in a long time and I really like driving it.

Lovin my Edge

by kream63 from on Tue Jun 16 2015

JUST BOUGHT MY FORD EDGE, AND I LOVE IT! The only draw back is that mines didnt come with sunroof nor rhe start up button. Over all im enjoying it!

Beautiful blend of power and refinement

by NomadicLyf from Gaithersburg on Tue Sep 12 2017

Plenty of space and power. Balanced power ratio in all gears. Fun to drive all round SUV. Comfortable seats, lot of legroom.

Nice Ride

by QueenB from Grapevine, TX on Thu Apr 27 2017

I think there price point is a bit high, but it is nice to know that they hold there resale value. It definitely feels worth the money. If buying used you might want to go with one around 50,000 miles to get the best deal. Certified offers 5 year, 100,000 mile warranty and price seems to drop significantly once it crosses the 50,000. As far as design, I personally like Ford better than GM. I feel Ford has a more forward thinking design as GM cars seem to be stuck in the same styling they have had for the past 30 years. This is definitely a contender in my used are search.

Love my Edge

by Kak5 from La Crosse, WI on Mon Apr 24 2017

Other than when my starter wouldn't work shortly after buying it, my Edge has been great vehicle to drive. It's sporty and fun. Only drawback I have is a high point in the floor of the vehicle on the driver's right where I rest my foot when using the cruise. I find this annoying. It probably wouldn't stop me from buying another but I would appreciate a change in design.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Our Take on the 2014 Ford Edge

Editor's note: This review was written in July 2013 about the 2013 Ford Edge. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2013 Ford Edge is a solid, if flawed, model in the highly competitive family SUV category. It rides and drives well, but is ultimately let down by the unreliability of its electronic gizmos.

Midsize SUVs are a common sight on American roads these days, having largely taken over for minivans as the top choice for family-hauling duties. In the Ford lineup, the five-seat Edge occupies the middle ground between the compact Escape and the larger Explorer and Flex. The... Read More