2018 Ford Edge consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Edge Ford
Explore the 2018 Ford Edge
Shop the 2018 Ford Edge
3.4

Fatal design flaw ruins car

Beware, every 2015-2018 Ford Edge with the 2.0 Ecoboost is susceptible to coolant intrusion in the cylinders due to an engineering design flaw in the cylinder wall. This failure can happen at any time and if it does the entire engine will have to be replaced. If the car is past its initial 5yr/60k mile warranty, you will have to pay upwards of $7,000 to get this done. The second the coolant level drops it's all over. Besides that it is a fine car, rides nice and is comfortable. I could just never enjoy owning it with this constantly at the back of my mind. As these start to pop up used with higher miles, pay close attention to the coolant on the 2.0's, though some dealers will top it off so that you don't notice the car needs an engine. If the one you are looking at has a record of getting its engine replaced, it is probably alright as they rarely fail twice. If it never has though, there was probably a reason it got traded.

3.0

Fatal design flaw

All 2015-2018 ford edges with the 2.0 Ecoboost are susceptible to coolant intrusion in the cylinders. This can happen at anytime completely randomly and requires a full replacement of the engine. If the car is past its 5yr/60,000k mile warranty, you will have to pay upwards of 6 grand to replace the engine. If the one you are shopping for has a record of getting the engine replaced, it should be fine, they rarely fail twice. But if it doesn’t have any records, steer clear. Many dealers will just fill the coolant up and say they never knew the car was drinking it.

Bought my used 2018 Ford Edge over a year ago

My wife and I test-drove a used 2018 Escape, Explorer and this Ford Edge before my purchase. This is the Platinum model with 20" tires and all the bells and whistles. I have to tell you that after driving this car for over a year it has far exceeded my expectations with regard to a quiet and smooth drive as well as comfort. I initially had some concern that the 2.0L 4cyl would be too small, but it provides all the pep and passing power I could ask for. Frankly, I have been amazed by this little engine. I have a towing pkg, but only use the hitch for a cargo carrier we purchased. If I could change one thing about the car it would be a rear tailgate window that opens. Unfortunately, there are few newer models (if any) that provide a rear window that opens. If I had it to do over again, I'd definitely buy this car without any hesitation! I traded my 2011 Ford Escape Limited on this car and am really impressed how far Ford has come with technology and refinement.

3.4

Recent transmission issues after 100,000 miles

Vehicle has had no issues until recently. I have 100,234 miles on my 2018 SEL. Now It is starting to have an occasional rough shift when climbing and descending on steep grades. Acts like the transmission is not keeping up with the engine.

Taillight condesation & cracking & egr problem

2018 edge titanium loved by wife, but...The hatchback taillight has been replaced twice for condensation & cracking. Replacing this for a third time soon. With 62K miles, the EGR needs repair. Cost about $500 at dealer.

MY DAUGHTERS 1ST CAR SHE PURCHASED

THE COLOR, INTERIOR, THE WAY IT RIDES SO SMOOTHE. I WOULD RECOMMEND A FORD EDGE TO ANYONE. SHE NEEDS A VEHICLE THAT GETS GOOD GAS MILEAGE.

Very pleasant surprise

I am very happy with this car, just wish there was more leg room for the back. Looking into trading it in for a 2021 model.

The Ford Edge Platinum checks all the boxes

I bought this used Ford Edge several weeks ago and we absolutely love it. When I test drove it, I thought it was a really nice car. However, after owning it for a while I have absolutely fallen in love with it. The Platinum has all the bells and whistles and this one has the 20" tires. It is like riding on a cloud! Quiet, smooth and great handling. I test drove the Escape and the Explorer and I liked this one the best!

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

My experience in driving Fords has been nothing but positive. The first Ford I owned was a 2005 Escape SEL. 11 years later I moved into a 2016 Edge SEL I4 which was also an excellent vehicle. 2 weeks ago I purchased a 2018 Ford Edge SEL I4 and I LOVE this SUV! It's peppy and fun to drive. It corners well and gets moving quick for passing cars and getting up-to-speed and into traffic. The exterior is sporty and classy while the interior is comfortable and quiet. I am an Edge fan!

Love my Edge

This car is awesome! It's a Titanium with all the bells and whistles. Comfort level is really good for a smaller vehicle. Performance has been excellent, and it's a very sharp-looking SUV. I'm not sure why anyone would purchase a "luxury-brand" vehicle when this is available.