2009 Escape

2009 Ford Escape

2009 Ford Escape

4.4

Have you driven the 2009 Ford Escape?

Great Value for the $$

by pricklypear from Fort Wayne, IN. on Mon Nov 29 2010

Purchased the car used with 30K miles- only warranty issue was a squeaky liftgate, and noise from the front disc brake promptly fixed by the local dealer under the remaining warranty. Drove 2500 miles across the country and the mileage averaged 27.0 with the car fully loaded. Very comfortable, and great mileage. Next will be some low-intensity off-roading in the Arizona desert to check out the 4WD.

5thford

by iluvfords from HINES,OREGON on Wed Jun 22 2011

I HAD CASH TO BUY A NEW CAR, I HAVE ALWAYS OWNED FORDS. I CHOSE THE ESCAPE, BECAUSE IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SUV. IT IS SO COMFORTABLE TO RIDE AND DRIVE. NOT TO MENTION THE FUEL ECONOMY IS GREAT! I WOULD BUY ANOTHER ONE TOMORROW! THE ONLY THING I HAVE FOUND THAT IS A PAIN, THE TRUNK HAS IT'S OWN ELECTRIC MOTOR AND IS THE ONLY WAY TO OPEN THE TRUNK. MINE BURNT OUT BECAUSE THE PLASTIC FROM MANUFACTURER WAS WRAPPED IN MOTOR SO IT WAS RUNNING CONSTANTLY AND IT BLEW THE LITTLE MOTOR> OTHERWISE I AM A PROUD ESCAPE OWNER!

most impressive

by Leisurely lady from Phoenix, AZ on Tue Feb 14 2012

I have been extremely impressed with this vehicle. The only thing I have noticed is that it takes a second to respond when you try to accellerate so I don't take chances. Very comfortable, I didn't get the loaded version but still very nice. The axle seal did need to be replaced under warranty, and I had no problem after that. Very satisfied

Good Small SUV

by Baron from GA on Wed Dec 31 2008

I recently purchased a '09 Limited w/ AWD/4WD. On mile 130, my check engine light came on. I returned it to the dealership and they said I had a vacuum hose come off. So, it is fixed. I've put on about 300 miles since and I've had no problems. I judge cars pretty tightly. Nothing is perfect, so I don't give perfect grades or perfect stars to easily. Everything about the car has a good feel to it. The interior design is pretty good. A little thing that I noticed is that the middle console arm rest is a little bit hard and the elbow will get sore a lot faster than say an armrest with leather covering would. I drive long distances and it is just something I noticed. I got the v6, at 240 hp, the little SUV responds well. I have not got the chance to really use the AWD/4wd, but I hope to soon in the snow. The lighting option (8 different colors at your feet, cup holders (front/back), and shelf are pretty youthful and neat. Helps you see where your stuff is at night too. (Reduce spills.) I'm getting around 21 in the city and about 25 on the highway. The handling is very responsive and feels like a car. I did not feel much body lean in a higher speed curve and the car did not feel top heavy during this maneuver either. Overall, this is a solid car for its price.

160,000 fantastic miles

by Fyrtrks from Binghamton on Sat Mar 25 2017

I bought this car in 2010 I have put on well over 160,000 miles with only MINOR problems. I'm sad that they changed it dramatically.

I deserved this

by Escapee Bob from Western MA on Mon Jun 04 2012

I bought a 09 Escape Limited with a V6 and AWD. It was a great decision, I absolutely love it. There are so many little extras to make my time in the car enjoyable. I work hard and it was nice to get a few creature comforts for just me. It has more than ample power, handles exceptional and I'm getting 23.8 MPG in mixed commuting. One drawback would be the steps necessary to drop the rear seats, but how often do you do that right? Overall, it's a winner!

Wow!

by David from Texas on Thu Mar 05 2009

I have only owned this car for a few weeks. Ford put $3000 rebates on it and I was able to purchase it for $16,950. Compared to other vehicles I looked at (e.g. Nissan Rogue - best price was $21,000), this was a steal. So far, I am very impressed. Quite economical (I get 28 mpg driving to work every day - I carpool with wife). comfortable, and has a lot of space. The 4 cylinder engine with the six speed transmission is quite good. It gives you good performance with good economy. very smooth. Nice vehicle.

Got exactly what i wanted

by ford man from VA on Mon Aug 18 2008

this car is simply the best, the second row has enough room, you can haul lots of things in it and theres a 3500 lbs towing rating so we can haul our ATV with out a problem, the new V6 is ready to delevier its power, the 6 spd is smooth, then seats are comfortable and the center stack is perfect......and its the most tough looking of all new small SUVs

Good Car

by GrilleMan from Rockford, MI on Tue Jun 06 2017

My escape has served its purpose that i needed it for. Got decent fuel mileage, enough room for me and my daughter, and luggage. However i didn't like the fact that you had to remove the entire front end of the car to replace a head light bulb (Front bumper, Center Grille section, and then the headlight itself!). Loved the Sync System and remote start that it came with

NICE RIDE!!!

by J.O.V. "ROOKIE DRIVER!!!" from N.Y on Mon Jan 09 2017

My wife and I just purchased a used 2009 Ford Escape XLT 4WD. It's the 6 cy. 24 valve model. Extremely solid and very comfortable ride. Roads not plowed??? NO PROBLEM!!! The day we bought it, we drove it up a local seasonal road, (not plowed in the winter.) It didn't even hesitate in about ten inches of untouched snow all the way to the top, (about 3\4 mile.) FIVE STARS All The Way!! Great Ride!!!!! Definitely would recommend this vehicle to Anyone.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2009 Ford Escape

The Escape has been one of the best-selling compact SUVs for close to a decade, along with the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4. Though it has some shortcomings, incremental improvements make it more attractive every year. The 2008 model year brought interior and exterior styling upgrades and a quieter cabin, and 2009 brings two long-overdue milestones: improved drivetrains and higher crash-test ratings. Despite the increase in power from the four- and six-cylinder engines, the Escape gets better mileage. The most efficient Escape is a hybrid version, which is detailed in a separate review. (See a side-by-side comparison with the 2008 model).

I drove two Escape XLTs: a four-cylinder with front-wheel drive... Read More