NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2012 Escape

2012 Ford Escape

2012 Ford Escape

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Ford Escape?

First Vehicle I've ever loved

by Love my Green Escape from IL on Mon Jun 04 2012

I've never had a car I've ever really loved until now and this is my 8th car I've owned. I have a Lime Squeeze Metallic 4 Cylinder Ford Escape XLT. Cons are the cheesy interior and stereo (but I bought the lower end) and no storage beneath the seats. So far, that's it. It's got plenty of pick up and it's the first 4 cylinder I've ever owned. Love the 27 mpg I get. Love the drive, love getting in and out of it, love walking up to it, love the moon roof, love the sync system, love the color, love the amount of storage for a smaller SUV. It feels so compact yet so roomy. I traded in an Explorer with 197,000 miles.

Great SUV

by Outdoor Enthusiast from Fort Ann NY on Wed Jan 18 2012

This is my second Escape & went from the 2010 XLT to the 2012 Limited Escape. The vehicle performs just as good as my last Escape, but with the added features of the Limited it make's this Escape much more pleasurable to drive. My only complaint would be, the car could be more quiet, road noise, and the gas mileage could be better.

Happy with Escape

by Likes to sit Tall from New Orleans, LA on Mon Mar 12 2012

After trying 10 small cars + 3 others--all with intrusive headrests (in order to sit up as opposed to laying back while driving) or limited visibility, I was drawn to the comfort of the Escape. The Escape's windows are generous, the mirrors include a blind spot corner (I can see a car behind me from far off until it is in front of me all in the mirrors), and the lowest trim comes without the darkly tinted windows (which were unavoidable with most dealerships/makes). The headrest is pretty good in standard position and can be put in backwards, if desired. Transmission is slow compared to my former V6 engine (Escape is 4-cylinder) and a bit loud, but once at the desired speed, the vehicle is quiet and smooth.

First SUV

by Wentworth and Gone from on Thu May 16 2013

This is my first SUV and I've got to say that I'm impressed with this vehicle. It has a comfortable ride and, surprisingly, it gets pretty good gas mileage for a AWD 6 CYL vehicle. It came with a lot of bells and whistles and they're fun to find.

Not a Fan of Crossover designs, so...

by bulldoggieb from Bayville, NJ on Mon May 22 2017

I bought a 2012 Ford Escape Limited because that model year still looks like a truck. I did not like the trending new 2013+ crossover designs, in my opinion making all SUV's look pretty much alike and feminized- big turn off. But I was blinded by the 0% financing Ford offered in 2015, and traded it in- big mistake. In April 2017, I was lucky enough to find a 2012 Limited with only 18,900 miles and with the balance of an 84/100,000 warranty! It's reliable, has plenty of V6 power and has chrome rims and side steps. Rides like a much more expensive luxury SUV, it's well appointed with all the available options and she looks great! Rest assured, this time I'll never trade this baby in- I absolutely love it and I highly recommend it!

Great car for teenage drivers

by Car for teens from Dallas on Mon Jun 24 2013

This is the second Ford Escape we bought for teenage drivers. They're reliable and practical, just the right size, with great visibility and safety features. Nothing compares at the price, especially if you get the on-demand 4-wheel drive option

2012 Escape

by Lefty from Woodstock, Ga on Thu Aug 16 2012

Great versatile vehicle. This is the third one I've owned. I good 230K good performance miles on one and the other I'm still driving as a second car with 215K miles.

Good SUV

by Adi from Roseville, CA on Mon Jan 02 2012

I have had this for little over a month. The vehicle performs very well. I have a stick shift and I am getting about 30MPG average both city/hwy combined. The vehicle has performed well so far. The I4 engine has more pep than I had anticipated. The interior could have been designed little better. eg., the storage bin between the passenger seat and driver seat makes shifting the gear little awkward. The SUV is built high and getting in out is not as easy as my previous Saturn. Lots of electronics, eg., There is a lot of information about the performance of the vehicle displayed.

Great Mid-Size SUV!

by Escape from Norfolk, VA on Mon Jun 18 2012

Perfect size for small family. Roomy, but not too big on the road. The 4-cylinder, 2.5L engine does not have a whole lot of power, but does get much better gas mileage.

Good Value for the money

by Northern Guy from Northern Wisconsin on Fri Jun 29 2012

This is my first Escape purchase. I have owned (4)Ford F-150's. My current 2002 F-150 has 279,500 miles on it. Just routine maintenance. Best truck I have owned. So the Ford line has been goood to me. I am very happy with the Escape. Handling, power (3.0L), comfort. All good. I would like to have seen some different material for the cloth seats. It's like a blue jean material, so I hope it takes a beating. This will be a good vehicle our family. Dependable.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2012 Ford Escape

Editor’s note: This review was written in April 2011 about the 2011 Ford Escape. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Even in its aged state, the 2011 Ford Escape still hits a sweet spot in terms of ride comfort, but its drab interior and clumsy handling leave it behind the increasingly flashy competition.

Car shoppers expressed their love for small crossovers more than a decade ago, and the auto industry responded. Today’s market offers a wide range of choices, from glorified hatchbacks to those just big enough to shoehorn in an impossibly small third row... Read More