2012 Escape

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

Back to the Future

by UAW/ GM Retiree from God's Country in NE Wisconsin on April 5, 2012

As former owners of both Fords and Chevys (We loved and wore out 2 different S10 blazers in the past) I must say this time the Escape got it right. While looking for a comparable suv/crossover we found that most offered too many options in too large a vehicle. These options added to the overall price rendering our GM employee discount almost useless.There are just enough features to feel comfortable but not overwhelmed by technology. We were impressed by it's handling and small turning radius. Escape has the right combination of smallar size for better MPG yet lots of interior room for comfort. It is reminiscent of the peppy yet fuel efficent '65,'66 &'67Mustangs we once owned. About the only negative comment I have is that our dealer was unable to find our first color choice. After searching various dealers inventory on the internet myself I realized they were indeed becoming harder to find. Perhaps it's increasing sales and scarcity is it's best reccommendation. For us it feels like we have gone back to the future and will be able to stay ahead of the increasing gas prices.

Good SUV

by Ohiodale from Dayton, OH on November 2, 2012

The 6 cyclinder has plenty of power. I do not race SUVs and 240 HP is actually more than enough. This is a true SUV so it has a high profile so you cannot corner as fast as some of the newer stationwagon looking SUVs. The interior looks great on the Limited I cannot speak to the lesser models.

Great car

by Rut from Philadelphia area on January 23, 2013

My second Escape. Love the small truck performance, styling, 4 WD, everything. Dependable and reliable. will keep forever or until Ford goes back to SUV style. 2013 model is a sissy car--little mini van.

First Vehicle I've ever loved

by Love my Green Escape from IL on June 4, 2012

I've never had a car I've ever really loved until now and this is my 8th car I've owned. I have a Lime Squeeze Metallic 4 Cylinder Ford Escape XLT. Cons are the cheesy interior and stereo (but I bought the lower end) and no storage beneath the seats. So far, that's it. It's got plenty of pick up and it's the first 4 cylinder I've ever owned. Love the 27 mpg I get. Love the drive, love getting in and out of it, love walking up to it, love the moon roof, love the sync system, love the color, love the amount of storage for a smaller SUV. It feels so compact yet so roomy. I traded in an Explorer with 197,000 miles.

Great SUV

by Outdoor Enthusiast from Fort Ann NY on January 18, 2012

This is my second Escape & went from the 2010 XLT to the 2012 Limited Escape. The vehicle performs just as good as my last Escape, but with the added features of the Limited it make's this Escape much more pleasurable to drive. My only complaint would be, the car could be more quiet, road noise, and the gas mileage could be better.

First SUV

by Wentworth and Gone from on May 16, 2013

This is my first SUV and I've got to say that I'm impressed with this vehicle. It has a comfortable ride and, surprisingly, it gets pretty good gas mileage for a AWD 6 CYL vehicle. It came with a lot of bells and whistles and they're fun to find.

Great car for teenage drivers

by Car for teens from Dallas on June 24, 2013

This is the second Ford Escape we bought for teenage drivers. They're reliable and practical, just the right size, with great visibility and safety features. Nothing compares at the price, especially if you get the on-demand 4-wheel drive option

Good SUV

by Adi from Roseville, CA on January 2, 2012

I have had this for little over a month. The vehicle performs very well. I have a stick shift and I am getting about 30MPG average both city/hwy combined. The vehicle has performed well so far. The I4 engine has more pep than I had anticipated. The interior could have been designed little better. eg., the storage bin between the passenger seat and driver seat makes shifting the gear little awkward. The SUV is built high and getting in out is not as easy as my previous Saturn. Lots of electronics, eg., There is a lot of information about the performance of the vehicle displayed.

Happy with Escape

by Likes to sit Tall from New Orleans, LA on March 12, 2012

After trying 10 small cars + 3 others--all with intrusive headrests (in order to sit up as opposed to laying back while driving) or limited visibility, I was drawn to the comfort of the Escape. The Escape's windows are generous, the mirrors include a blind spot corner (I can see a car behind me from far off until it is in front of me all in the mirrors), and the lowest trim comes without the darkly tinted windows (which were unavoidable with most dealerships/makes). The headrest is pretty good in standard position and can be put in backwards, if desired. Transmission is slow compared to my former V6 engine (Escape is 4-cylinder) and a bit loud, but once at the desired speed, the vehicle is quiet and smooth.

Very Sleek, Up to date Car

by Extreme Commuter from Livonia, MI on July 5, 2012

Going from a 2003 Grand Am to a Limited 2012 Escape was a nice luxery. It is very spacious with a lot of great upgrades. The Sync is a great feature along with the sunroof and ambient lighting. The gas mileage isn't bad, I average over the 28 mpg they said I would get (I drive freeway about 95% of the time). Going from a car to an SUV was quite a change, I feel much safer and have so much more room! I've fallen in love with my Escape and will most likely purchase after my lease. I'd recommend to anyone! The only drawback was the engine performing loudly- I even had it serviced in fear something was wrong but it checked out just fine.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13