2011 Ford Explorer

My primary vehicle

by from Webster Springs, WV on August 21, 2017

I love my explorer. I like the way it rides and the looks of it as well as the roominess inside. I would recommend an Explorer for anyone looking for a good, dependable SUV.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Excellent All-Around Vehicle

by on August 17, 2017

I've been really happy with my Explorer overall. It gets decent gas mileage at about 21MPG, towed a 30ft camper well, seats my family of 6 comfortably and has been extremely reliable. We've put about 40k miles on it since we bought it 2 years ago and no problems at all. It's was a little pricey used, which seems to be a trend for these, so I rated it as such. I think you get a great vehicle for the price, but overall the prices seem inflated due to the "name/brand". Highly recommend.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great Mid-sized SUV

by from Louisville, KY on August 2, 2017

I bought this SUV around this time last year. It had about 70 thousand miles on it when I bought it so, I was a little nervous but, I only wanted to spend 15 thousand on a car and it needed to have ok gas mileage, be able to seat adults comfortably, and tow a 4000 pound boat. I stumbled upon a white limited explorer with a tow package and I bought it after a comfortable test drive. I've put about 25 thousand miles on it over the past year and it has been a very good car so far without any issues. I average around 22 mpg combined so, it does pretty well for my 40 mile round trip commute and I drive like an idiot. I bought a FWD version so, that makes things interesting when pulling a 4 thousand pound boat full of people and stuff out of the lake but, it does it, unhappily. Against my better judgement, I have had it up to 80 towing the same boat so, it has the power, which is nice. Mine has the dual sunroof and I think some wind noise results from that but, nothing terrible. All in, I am happy with it, especially for the price I paid. Also, make sure yours has the spare tire option because mine didn't and that was an annoying discovery at 11:30 pm on the way through the smoky mountains in the rain. I bought a spare time from a junk yard out of a wrecked explorer for 25 bucks and it fits perfectly. One neat thing is that I have been asked how well I like my range rover on more than one occasion so, apparently, to some, it looks like a range rover.

The most reliable car I've ever owned

by from Waco on July 14, 2017

Honestly, I like everything about this car. The only downside is that when I traded it in I was upside down and now I owe way more on it then it is worth.

Great Car

by from jacksboro, TX on June 15, 2017

I loved this car. It was great for me and my children. When I bought it my children were younger and being a single mother I needed something that I didn't have to call for help on all of the time. It was a great car. I only traded for space, the 3rd row only had 2 seats in the back and I needed a full 6 seats, and my boys have grown a lot and barely fit anymore. It is a great car.

Great Car

by from Miami, Florida on May 31, 2017

Great overall car. Drove Mercedes Benz before and this Explorer is on par as for performance, comfort, instrumentation, and feels great...all for a fraction of the price.

One of the best cars I have ever owned!

by from Wetumpka,Al on May 25, 2017

Love it! I have always wanted an Explorer and now I have one . It is a great drive, I feel very safe in it! A little bit of a gas hog but that comes with the territory of a SUV. Overall I am very satisfied this far!

Best SUV We've Owned

by from on May 3, 2017

Great vehicle. We had the Limited 4WD model. Fully loaded. Impressive features. Pros: Comfortable Ride, Quiet, Ford SYNC, Sound System, Styling, 4WD Cons: The A and B pillars are so large it creates a blind spot when turning. Felt under-powered at initial acceleration.

Second time Explorer owner

by from Catawba NC on April 26, 2017

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Excellent gas mileage, comfort and space for the kids. Currently looking for a newer model!

Great family car

by from Cedar Rapids IA on April 16, 2017

Needed a reliable SUV with a third row seat (not a vinivan person) for our growing family. Love the performance- I am 5'2" and this did not feel huge to me. The second row could use a little more room to accommodate car seats though without having to move the front seats up so much.

Our Expert Review: 2011 Ford Explorer