2014 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

Explore the 2014 Ford Explorer
Shop the 2014 Ford Explorer
4.0

Nice and reliable

Moon roof does not work. Waiting for dealer response about what I need to do to get it fixed. Otherwise I have no issues with the car.

4.4

Nicest car I have owned

The SUV is incredible to drive. It's comfort level is above par, it is a smooth quiet ride. Gas mileage could be better but it is a huge upgrade from our Chevy.

3.6

It’s stylish but lacks in control of things

I like the way the car looks from outside The seats are comfortable, but sits to low. To me driving the new explorer feels like driving a car (low seating). Also seams the interior of the car is designed for wider people, I can barely lean on drivers door while I’m driving. I like the push to start feature and smart 4wd.

Loaded Explorer with every option.

This Explorer is loaded! Reliable, comfortable, and very well maintained with every option available. The Tuxedo Black exterior really pops. We have maintained this vehicle at a single auto shop that has kept meticulous records. Front brakes just replaced and under warranty. This is a single owner/single family vehicle.

Very good on gas

When going on family trips or even when I make big grocery store trips. There is more than enough room for everyone to be comfortable. Six children two adults plus groceries in the trunk. And it's great on gas

Sport model with 365 HP of fun.

Leased it for 3 years and had fun & enjoyed having it. Car had a great look with ample 7 passenger seating. Not the best interior fit and finish, but all worked great. Primarily front wheel drive with vectoring to rear wheels so some torque steering when hitting the gas. Was fun though feeling the car just pull.

Total Reliability. Never let me down.

Good looking and good ride. Many nice features. Good seats and excellent electronics. Handles well locally and on the x-way. I Would buy it again.

Very reliable car

Love this vehicle except for the paint bubbling up and flaking off the hood. Have seen so many complaints on this, yet Ford refuses to recall & repaint, therefore I am looking for a Chevy Suburban.

Most reliable car I've owed.

This car will meet all the standards. It runs really smoothly and it very reliable. The maintenance has been kept up. It is in excellent condition.

Our perfect vehicle

Wife needed SUV for hauling stuff to craft shows. Found this Explorer used at local dealer. Fell in love with it at first sight. Drove it, bought it, no regrets. Perfect size, handles and rides great, looks great. Will update if something makes me change my mind.