2018 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

Explore the 2018 Ford Explorer
Shop the 2018 Ford Explorer
1.0

Worst SUV on the planet!

I used to own a 2018 Ford Explorer XLT that was $36,000 And didn’t have not a single thing the competitors had, not even a good image. This car had the worst, most uncomfortable cloth seats you will ever sit in. The screen is smaller than the one on my iPhone XR, so this car to me brand new is only worth like $28,000 considering the lack of 1990s technology. Not joking, a CD player is an option, what is this the 90s. And if you’re a rear seat passenger, don’t even think about resting your arm anywhere, because yes a center armrest for the backseat is also an option. This car is also incredibly unreliable. The stupid thing started breaking down not a month after we owned it. Plastic pieces all over the car were falling off like they were made by fisher price. This car also got totaled cause a pickup truck rear ended it at like 40 mph. So it’s not very safe either. And last but not least, I have never owned a car that lost its value as alarmingly fast as this car, total waste of money. I wouldn’t wish a Ford Explorer on my worst enemies! This is coming from a Ford guy btw, it’s that bad!

Love my Explorer

I have wanted a vehicle that could handle my crew when taking them to and from the field and this is it! A gorgeous White Platinum Metallic paint that glistens in the sun, fully loaded, plenty of space.

Great Customer Service

Kendall was outstanding, he help me every step of the way. Customer service was outstanding. Could not ask for a better salesperson. Top Notch all the way. Thank you so much.

Road Trip Time

I’ve had my eye on this make and model for a while now and now that I bought one I’m looking forward for many years of enjoyment and many road trips with the family. This Ford Explorer offers all the modern comforts and conveniences that we look for .

Bought to tow trailer, works GREAT !

I looked extensively before my purchase. I love the Car, I am so comfortable driving, it handles great and the MPG amazed me being very good. A very positive purchase !

3.6

SmoothRide

Plenty of legroom and SUV I wanted, drives smooth over terrain of all types. I wish it was less expensive but I've been waiting so long and felt I deserved to treat myself for once.

First used car I’ve purchased from Weber Ford!

Seats 7 and roomy. Comfortable and fits in our garage. Bought this after we drove a 2020 for a week in N.M. Worked out a warranty that will cover us from bumper to bumper. This even includes tires and wheels if we ever scuff a wheel or pop a tire. No proration if tire ever needs to be replaced. Even nationwide key fob replacement

Great SUV to drive

The SUV met all of my expectations. I know I made an excellent choice with the SUV I purchased. I am still learning the features I have never had on the previous SUV's.

3.9

It better be reliable

Love the vehicle. Problems: 1. Came with a hole in the oil filter==>low oil w/o indicator. 2. Lane-keeping quit working at about 1 year. 2. Sync3 is messed up, and dealers know little about system.

Explorers are great SUV’s

This is the third explorer that I have owned. I currently has some minor issues that will be fixed when can get it back in for service but love it overall.