2018 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

$32,140–$34,290 MSRP range
side view of 2018 Explorer Ford
Explore the 2018 Ford Explorer
Shop the 2018 Ford Explorer

This vehicle has been outstanding .

The suv has been great and the family has plenty of room and the ride is great. The gas mileage is also great going to work and in town.

Love my new midsize SUV

This car met all my expectations. I test drove it and knew I wanted it. Moving from a car to a midsized SUV is amazing.

absolutely the vehicle i was looking for

fantastic, more than i needed but price was excellent and was in perfect shape, customer service was outstanding and the delivering of vehicle was on time and paperwork was prepared so it went very quick, i was very impressed with professionalism and kindness

Very nice auto

This is a super car. About the only thing I don’t care for is the front seat headrests. I’m thinking these were designed for NBA players that are taller than 7’ 2”. I get a neck ache every time we take 4 + hour trips. I’d just have preferred these were adjustable for 5’6” people - not giraffes.

An acceptable family vehicle with safety features

So far I am learning to like this vehicle. It is not my Toyota, but it is a fair replacement. I am surprised at the fuel mileage (up to 29 on highway) and with stop-go and idle times in the city it drops to18~20. These numbers are from the onboard computer and backed up by my log of manual calculations. The passenger comfort and headroom are very nice. The Explorer has large door openings and accommodates my limited neck movement from a rear end collision. Another reason I went with this vehicle. (I miss myToyota, most of the new models I test drove it seemed as if they lowered the head room and opening) The ride is acceptable for an SUV suspension. My daughter loves the spacious back seat, she can stretch and take a nap on trips. Or recline the second row seat. It has a spacious cargo area or using the third row seats, you still have a reasonable storage area. ThisExplorer has many safety devices, lane assist, adaptive cruise, collision avoidance, rear defrost and wiper, the high beam auto turns on and off for oncoming traffic. These are very nice features. Overall I am happy with the vehicle, but will it Be as reliable and cheap to keep as my Toyota was. This part remains to be discovered. It accommodates my neck injury from the rear end accident. And it is reasonably accommodates my military handicaps with my knee and hip injuries. I have owned this vehicle for about 6 months as of this post.

Fine auto purchased from questionable dealer

My wife likes fast cars with a great stereo. Our Explorer platinum meets her criterial. Some initial problems have now been handled by the Ford dealer in Huntersville - the also provided me with new 2020 explorers for both visit that were required to fix all issues. We purchased the Explorer from the Ford dealer in Gastonia but they were never prepared to provide us with a loner while they worked on our Explorer ( after two months they offered a loaner) I would never do business with the Gastonia dealer again.

2018 ford explorer

I love this car. It's very reliable and roomy. There is a very small ding by the gas tank from a stone hitting from a lawn mower while I was driving. Great in the weather and very accommodating

Great vehicle for great price.

Car has the much needed room to haul around our family. It is very comfortable and it was affordable for us. We are enjoying it.

4.3

Love the look

This is my 3rd Ford Explorer and In all 3 the transmission seems to bang when going from 1st to 2nd when driving in the city not sure why they can't get that fixed and on my new 2018 spot the roof racks keep flying off on the highway or in the car was they have "fixed" this problem for me 3 times now not sure what is going on but as you can imagine highway driving is difficult due to the fear of them coming off and hitting the car behind me again. But I do love the look of the car,it's snow profomance is great and the sound system in the sport is amazing.

2.7

Most Unreliable

Bought brand new, now at 8,000 miles noises coming from front end that our Ford Dealer nor Ford Engineers can remedy a fix. Their first attempt, replaced struts- Noise still there. Second attempt, replaced entire Axel- Noise still there, Now on 10-23-29 replacing Motor Mounts. Fixed?—- We will see....