2012 Fiesta

2012 Ford Fiesta

2012 Ford Fiesta

3.7

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2012 Ford Fiesta?

Im having a FIESTA

by 202bates from on Sun Dec 18 2011

This Fiesta sedan is honestly the best car I ever had for real. I had an Infiniti, Hondas, and Toyotas and a couple of other imports and non of them don't compete with this Fiesta. It has more than enough interior room than you would expect in a small car like this. The car is very well designed and engineered. It drives and handles well. It has enough power whenever its needed. The ride is comfortable and quiet and the gas mileage is incredible. I get 37mpg mixed driving. I never had a car that even got more than 35mpg highway so I really do love this car. It fits my budget really well.

Horrible Transmission

by Amy from Florence, SC on Mon Jul 07 2014

I bought this car new in June 2012....I think it has been in the service area every month since then. I know the courtesy ride driver by name.... It went in at about 45,000 miles for severe slipping in the transmission and they replaced the transmission packs, I believe they called it, and told me it should be all fixed..... Now here I am at 65,000 miles and just dropped it back off this morning for the same transmission issue and a low idle. I just made a 10hr drive to Ohio over the holiday weekend and I literally wouldn't let my worst enemy buy this car. I thought I was going to die because you simply can't get on the interstate safely or make any turns at lights unless you have a turn light. It just won't go like you need it to. I absolutely loved it when I got it. It's the cool lime color and sweet little hatchback shape but I feel like it has been in the shop more than i've got to drive it. I want to tell them to give me another car since there is obviously something wrong with it but I know they'll probably laugh at that idea. Absolutely not happy with this car and would NOT recommend it to another living soul to buy, at least not with automatic transmission.

Very nice vehicle

by Mick from Durham, NC on Sat Aug 11 2012

Overall I'm very happy. Much better looking than the fit. Very little road sound, much like a much more expensive car. I like the leather seats. Two flaws. Due to car sloping forward, poor visibility over the right shoulder. The other: give other cars a lot of space because the acceleration is poor. Engine is pretty weak, but I never go over 75 anyway. But I really like the vehicle, and the fact that Ford didn't take our tax money clinched it.

Worst car I owned

by Jim from BC, Canada on Mon Mar 30 2015

Do not buy this car, the automatic model is terrible. The transmission is very noisy and slip often.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Car - Extremely reliable.

by Julio from New York - New Jersey on Tue Aug 09 2016

I bought my 2012 Fiesta Sedan S, 5 speed manual transmission, the basic basic model, just to take me to work. I have already put on 115000 mi and runs perfect, and believe me, I drive it a lot. Mountains, snow, off road, extreme heat, you name it. He has delivered great so far. Do not expect comfort but is extremely reliable. In winter I put on snow tires and is unstoppable.The engine is small, only 1.6 liters at 120 hp but the the manual shift gives it an edge. At almost 40 gpm I cannot complain.The only problem I have had so far was the fuse box malfunction, for some reason the engineers wrongly decided to install the box outside the cabin where it gets exposed to the climate. It was partially ruined and I had to replace it. Ford should make a recall and cover that expensive fix. The car looks small but you wouldn't believe how much staff you can put in, the trunk is rummy. I bought another car for my family, the Fiesta is not a family car, too small. With a couple of additions you can make it look aggressively sporty. I am taking the time to write this review to honor the car and the Engineers that designed it. Ford should consider changing the name, giving him a more aggressive name, like XTR S. The name Fiesta does not represent the capacity of the car, it diminishes it. Ford fiesta: simple and reliable.

BUY THIS CAR!

by CHEVY HATER from CINCINNATI-OHIO on Tue Jul 07 2015

GREAT CAR, VERY GOOD ON GAS, ENGINE IS A LITTLE SUB-POWER BUT OVER ALL GOOD CAR. DROVE IT THREW KY ON 1 TANK OF GAS!

good car for the money

by nightwatchewr from harrison, ohio on Wed Jul 09 2014

bought it at the dealers only has 49000 miles on it-car faxs says 1 owner, wanted something that gets good gas milage -over all am happy with it. btw-its my wifes car-she drives it 95% of the time!

First car I've ever earned running me for my money

by Brittnie M from Bear, DE on Fri Jun 23 2017

I've had this car for about 2 months now and the car ran great when I first got it. Recently my transmission starting acting up in me. When I got the error message about he transmission I took it to autozone. Long story short they told me that I need to get a picece replaced in the transmission that would cost me approximately $700 to replace. I honestly wouldn't recommend this car to anyone.

GREAT CAR

by Tahjine from Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia on Mon Feb 23 2015

I bought this little car new in August of 2013. I looked all over for the 5 speed manual trans. I have had no trouble at all! The only thing I changed is the oil and wiper blades. I have 38000 km on it now and really love it.

Fiesta 2012

by Skateboard from Bay Area, California on Tue Jul 09 2013

Bought the car with 6000 miles it is a ses with leather and other amenities. I like the car so far, had it about a week and just getting used to the sync and other features, Tha car rides very smooth and is comfortable to drive. I bought it as a commute car and currently getting @33mpg I drive about 120 a day. Cons are the sync controls do not have volume on the steering wheel. and the transmission is not the smoothest in certain scenario, other that that it is a nice car but its still new

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2012 Ford Fiesta

Ford resurrected an old name for its subcompact car when the Fiesta returned to the U.S. for the 2011 model year. Like David Hasselhoff, this tiny car is a big hit in Europe, where it's been on sale for years, but Americans' affection for subcompacts and permed '80s icons is a fickle thing. Does the Fiesta have what it takes to make it in the U.S.?

The 2012 Ford Fiesta has competitive pricing, great fuel economy and an upscale cabin, but those attributes don't trump its unrefined transmission, lack of cargo space and frustrating multimedia system.

The Fiesta is again available in hatchback and sedan body styles for 2012; we tested a hatchback model in a midlevel SE trim. Not much has changed since... Read More