2017 Ford Focus consumer reviews

Explore the 2017 Ford Focus
Shop the 2017 Ford Focus
1.0

2017 Ford Focus Titanium model failures

My 2017 ford focus continues to just die over night after I shut it off. When I go into the vehicle to restart the next day it’s dead. I have to call road side service for a jump to start the car. This is ridiculous. I’m 73 years old with major health issues, and I need a reliable car. I’m so upset that the dealership can’t fix this repeat problem. This is not a reliable car, company, nor responsive to a customers car issues. Ford motors does not stand by their products at all.

2.6

Do not buy this car multiple issues

4 years in and this car is toast. Multiple computer issues expensive repairs no wonder they quit making it 😡 I will never buy another Ford

4.0

Newest Car i've ever owned

This car is exactly what i needed when i limped my old ponitac into the dealer. Unlike my previous car this one is great on gas. It handles smoothly in my opinion. THe only downside i can think of is the trunk is small. even with the seats down in the sedan like i got.

Just purchased and happy so far

Just purchased for a replacement to a 300,000 mile escape, it’s the sel model so creature comforts are few but for the price it is optioned pretty well, the 4 cylinder was averaging 37 mpg on my 2 hour drive home with plenty of power, plenty of room inside do a small car for 2 people and maybe smaller kids in the back seat but it is a smooth ride for the small package. I will use it as a work vehicle to commute the 3 to 4 hours each way to work

It has the majority of features I wanted!

I've only owned this car for a couple of weeks, but I love it! Right from the start, I felt very comfortable driving it (a lot of cars take a while to "fit"). My only complaint is that the hatch area is small, but then this car is a lot smaller than what I usually drive. I just have to get used to that. I love that it has automatic lights & high beams, GPS navigation, a backup camera and a way to sync my phone easily.

4.3

Transmission shudders. Good EXCEPT transmission.

Poor transmission. Shudders sometimes or skips. Other than transmission I like my Focus. Comfort is good as is styling. I love everything about my Focus EXCEPT transmission.

2.0

Not a reliable car

Have had trouble with this car since I bought it new and still having trouble .I would never buy another one.transmission has never been right and was fixed once, cpv valve on recall list and dealership refuses to acknoyit and charged me 300 to fix it .

4.4

my continued adventure with a Focus

This is my fourth Ford Focus over the years and I will probably stay with that model as long as I can get a decent used one (not being made in U.S. any longer). I had a 2013 Focus that was in a collision in early 2020 and totaled. Got a different one for the time being. I found this 2017 in January 2021 and purchased it. It's my first time with a Focus hatchback and I like it. It handles nicely, has good power for my needs, and gets very good gas mileage (averages 34-40 mpg on the highway, depending on speed and wind). For the first time ever, I have heated seats and a heated steering wheel. I really appreciated the heated steering wheel this winter! The heated seat is a bit of a concern for me. There are 3 almost-burn/melted spots on the driver's seat and I think this was caused by operating the heated seat too high for too long. I haven't needed to use this feature yet, but will run it on LOW only and see what happens... The back-up camera on the vehicle is great and usable. The climate controls have gone digital (from the turn knobs on my 2013) and I feel a bit off from them. There is not as exact control on where the air is directed with the digital and I must take a quick peek at the control panel if I want to change something while I am driving. (I had learned to change the knob controls without looking at them so as to not take my eyes off the road.) However, the unit performs just fine. Cruise control arrangement on the steering wheel is different from the 2013 model as well. I'm still trying to get used to the positions, but must glance down just a bit to get the correct button. I think I will get used to this--I hope so. The hatchback has a rear window wiper/washer; it is great in rainy/snowy weather and I appreciate this feature. Overall, this Focus meets all my needs and expectations and i hope to keep it for a long, long time.

It is the nicest car I've driven in a while !

This car met all my needs plenty of leg room and so quiet inside I would recommend this car to everyone I know ,The heated seats and steering wheel are very nice on these cold days

Great first car

Size, handling, fuel efficiency all very good for a first car. The style is young enough for a teenager and also for a senior driver.