2013 Taurus

2013 Ford Taurus

2013 Ford Taurus

4.5

Have You Driven the 2013 Ford Taurus?

Great Car - Critics - Read the Manual

by WielCoyoteSTMU from Texas on Thu Oct 31 2013

This car has positive press despite a surprising Consumer Report ranking (See final paragraph) This is a big car folks but it drives like a midsize. I have the SHO version with the performance package and it packs a punch. I wasn't looking for an STR8. I wanted something with good power and a quiet yet stylish cabin. The ride is good and the acceleration of the Twin Turbo 365Bhp V6 is impressive and exudes confidence. The brakes got an upgrade this year and give the car good stopping power. The rear window is a bit narrow and even more with a spoiler but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. The electronic blind spot notification on the mirrors is a great safety aid (not a replacement). For as big as this car is, it can take a highway turn like a car half its size; the AWD of the SHO makes this possible. I'm hooked on this car. The styling on the SHO is is great; those of us who own one know this and if you're considering one, go to a dealership and have a look at the different trim levels to see for yourself. The Taurus has been put on Consumer Reports 10 Worst cars. I subscribe to Consumer Reports but they are dead wrong when they dismiss a car because they find the electronics and telematics to complicated. Computer Engineers use the term RTFM which means sit down and read the manual. All new cars are coming out with high end electronics and they can be cumbersome. Please don't judge a Taurus because Consumer Reports didn't bother to take the time to learn how to use it and wrote the car off because of it. Does this remind anyone of the BMW iDrive debacle a few years ago? Mine works just fine. This car was voted Best Large Car for the Money by US News and World Report. Those two reviews couldn't be further apart. Forbes magazine was also critical of judging a car on one single thing. If you get this car, get the SHO - I can't stop driving it.

Outstanding car!

by Ford convert from on Sun May 13 2012

This is an excellent, innovating vehicle. For those who cannot seem to see out the rear window, there's always the rear-view camera. There is nothing this car lacks, or doesn't overcome. The SHO blows its competition out of the water in safety, comfort, mobility, and enjoyment. Who says a "family car" can't be fun?

smoothest ride of many cars tested. classy look

by Big bob trucker man from tulsa ok on Thu May 10 2012

I an6ft4in and weigh 340 and fit very nicely in the charcoal leather seats of my 2013 limited with the tuxedo black paint along with the 20 inch polished wheels ,and don't forget the very safe Michelin tires outstanding safety features along with sync system. Ready for one of many road trips.Job well done ford.

Best all around vehicle I have owened.

by Buddy from Windsor, Virginia on Thu Feb 20 2014

We specified everything we wanted and got even more. We love the comfort and gas mileage as well as all the amenities. We could not be more satisfied as of now. I think I have become a Ford owner for life.

modern muscle car

by bluedoggy from Barnet, Vermont on Wed May 15 2013

The 2013 Taurus SHO is a very sporty looking car with lots of ZOOM. 365 Horsepower will really let you pass with ease. The car has all wheel drive and many options we did not know existed. Automatic dimming headlights and automatic wipers are ioptioned on this along with Ford sync, navigation and park assist. The 20 inch chrome and black wheels are nice too. The car is very roomy with a huge trunk. We are very happy with this car.

great car........... 2013 sel............

by bob from so. california on Thu Feb 27 2014

just can't say enough about this car........... one of the best cars i have owned in my 70 years.... just a great "american" car.............. had this car for 17 months.....

Most Comfortable Car I've Owned

by Retired Charter Boat Captain/School Principal from Norton Shores, MI on Sat May 10 2014

Beautiful style; incredible electronics (still don't know it all); great responsiveness;and outstanding stereo system. This will probably be my last car and I am really enjoying it!

Sleek Styling

by Luxury Seeker from New Bedford, Ma on Tue Oct 30 2012

Beautiful Car, turns heads wherever I go! I bought the metallic black color with charcoal black interior. Didn't need leather, already plush. High slim windows like the Bat Mobile.

Family Car that is fun to drive

by family man from Milford, CT on Mon Mar 03 2014

I bought the 2013 Ford Taurus SHO in June 2012 as soon as the "refreshed" SHO came out, so I have driven it nearly 20 months and put over 27,000 miles on it. Love the car. We are a family of 4 who takes a couple trips of year of over 700 miles and this thing easily hauls all our luggage in it's huge trunk. It's been dependable, as I have only had to take it in for service one-time due to a turbo lag issue that I wanted checked. Turned out to be a couple hour repair and no issues since. AWD is helpful here in the NE, and the car flat-out hauls when you stomp the accelerator. One of the selling features of the car for me was the Sync system which I had in my previous car ('08 Fusion), so I wanted something I didn't need to relearn. Saw consumer reports bag on MyFord Touch system but don't find it anymore ridiculous to use than my '09 Caddy and I like hearing a professional voice vs my own (or worse yet, my wifes!)--like in GM cars when you enter phone numbers. I actually liked the car so much, I bought my wife a 2013 Explorer Sport which is the SUV version of the SHO... I think the folks at Consumber Reports forget that they sit in a couple hundred cars a year, so it's understandable they'd want a system easy to use the second you jump in it, but to rate a car on that isn't real world. Most people are going to lease or own a car at least 3 years, so maybe it takes them a week to figure out all of the controls then it's no issue. Couple things Ford could do better: The tilt-steering doesn't tilt down enough, I find I can't rest my right elbow on the armrest and hold the steering wheel while driving long distances. The rear interior lighting cluster isn't anchored very well or something, because after you use the sunroof, it seems the darn thing rattles around for a 10-15 miles before it finally settles back.

World Class Drive

by Me Drive You Long Time from Clayton, NC on Sat Oct 11 2014

Not enough superlatives to adequately describe the experience of driving this automobile. Handling. Power. Comfort. Tech. And, for the money, are you kidding me! With the Taurus, Ford presents a "World Class Drive," unmatched, dollar for dollar, by any automobile in the world. Keep your imports! I'll drive a Ford Taurus!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2013 Ford Taurus

The 2013 Ford Taurus boasts refined driving and good fuel efficiency, but two long-standing drawbacks remain — and unfortunately, now there’s a third.

Last redesigned for 2010, the Taurus this year boasts styling tweaks: a new turbo four-cylinder engine and a raft of interior updates. The turbo four is optional on front-wheel-drive SE, SEL and Limited trim levels, which otherwise get a lower-mileage V-6. The Taurus SHO, meanwhile, has last year’s turbocharged V-6 but visually is further differentiated from the base Taurus this year. (Ford markets both turbocharged engines with the EcoBoost name.) All-wheel drive is optional on the V-6 Taurus and standard on the SHO. Compare the trims... Read More