2012 GMC Acadia consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Acadia GMC
Explore the 2012 GMC Acadia
Shop the 2012 GMC Acadia
2.9

it just won’t run right!

The car is beautiful but it needed a lot of work. Taking to shop for the 6th time tomorrow and fishing out another $1,900 to fix the torque converter...

Just what I was looking for

Met my needs for my family. The vehicle is great but the fixing of problems was not. Personal in service didn't read computer as to what was wrong. Independent mechanic read computer and fixed it on first try.

Most spacious vehicle I’ve owned for my family.

I am so in love with this vehicle. I cannot be more happier with my purchase. I love the spacious room for my family and the details inside and out! My favorite vehicle I’ve owned thus far!!

Best 7 passenger car I’ve driven

This car met all my family’s needs and based on my budget it fell into our price range. I’ve driven a lot of gm products in my life and I keep coming back to them.

Never had problem with this Acadia or previous one

This car has been excellent for us but has is more than what we now need. The Acadia is very classy with lots of options. It has always run great as we have taken meticulous care of it, waxing, washing, and maintenance.

3.7

All lights expensive

I bought used , in 2 months spent $1800 fluids and seal leaks , main oil seal,,valve cover gaskets,,, high pressure steering hose and right side front strut... How do you think I feel???

4.4

Very comfortable

This vehicle meets most of my needs. Very comfortable and roomy. Everything is very close as far as controls. Smooth ride. Definitely would recommend this vehicle.

2.7

It’s a money pit I have to get another vehicle

I love everything about this vehicle, inside and out and this is why I bought it. But since it’s a money pit I need to get another vehicle. Right after 100.000 miles it leaks oil, the air conditioner has cost me a lot of money and it’s still not right. It has a tiny hole in the gas tank which causes issues. I was going to keep this car a long time. But no I have to buy another vehicle. I can only get 5000.00 for this vehicle and it’s in perfect shape inside and out. But because everyone but me knew this vehicle was junk. I will not ever buy a GMC again. I would of if this wasn’t a piece of junk. So sad

I'm in love!

Let me count the ways! 3rd row seating is sweet and I'm digging the second sunroof! Interior is sleek and awesome! I wouldn't change a thing. Performance is great. Overall, very pleased with my purchase. I love how big and bright the back lights are! Whoever designed this vehicle needs a raise! I wish I had a black one...but I'm happy with the silver. Overall....if you find one...GRAB IT! You'll love it. It's not like I'm driving a mini-van or a HUGE GAS GUSSELING SUV, but has most the options of the bigger SUV's but easier to drive and the interior is very roomy! LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE it!

1.0

Garbage Car

The basis of this review is simply the reliability - or complete lack of reliability, which is the case with us. We bought this used, we drove it for three months and it has been in the shop almost continuously since then with various, catastrophic ailments. The timing belts broke, which caused a bent rod and necessitated an engine replacement. Then the computer went out. Replaced that. Now it just stalls randomly. There's no rhyme or reason to the problems we're having. Avoid this vehicle at all costs.