2012 GMC Acadia consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Acadia GMC
Explore the 2012 GMC Acadia
Shop the 2012 GMC Acadia

Fabulous car

I had a dodge caravan and it had to go. This has been a fabulous car. No problems, smooth, easy ride. Plenty of room for my three sons and two large dogs.

Best car we have owned

Excellent family vehicle! Room of a minivan, with style. Fold flat seats allow for added space to haul as needed. DVD system keeps the kids entertained during short or long travel. Sun roof for the parents, moonroof for the kids.

3.0

It's a Lemon

I love the design and comfort of my 2012 Acadia Denali but it has less than 100,000 miles and has cost us mega $ to repair and it only goes to a GMC dealership for maintenance and repair. My mother loved the look of my car so much when I got it that she bought one too. We live close together and one of us always has their car in the shop. I drive this car apprx 20 miles a day. I live within 10 miles of my work. It was a one owner when we purchased it so it was covered under warranty. It's a money pit as soon as the warranty goes out. For a 60K vehicle I expected to make it to 100,000 miles before it needed major repairs. Don't waste your money.

2.9

Transmissions are very unreliable

I bought this car with less than 100000 miles. Almost immediately l discovered strange fluctuations in the rpms while driving. After seeing reviews on utube l became aware of major problems other owners were having with their vehicle. Sure enough l was having the same issue. The transmissions in these vehicles apparently are failing in the 100000 mile range at the tone of $3500 to replace. Basically a complete rebuild of the transmission is necessary if you plan to keep the vehicle and no warranty to help cover the cost. Needless to say l no longer own that piece of unreliable junk even though the rest of the vehicle did ok.

Acadia Denali

This is my 1st GMC vehicle. It has great features but a few flaws. It has great storage room & enough room for my kids (2 boys).

Purchased Used six years old

This car has a third row which I was looking for, the car is very spacious and comfortable. It has leg room and the middle row is split so easy to access the third row of seats. Great for hauling the teenagers and friends to their games. Perfect for my needs.

Comfortably seats our family of six

We were looking for a car to transport our family of 6 comfortably. We were tired of the van of 15+ years but still needed room. This was the perfect vehicle for us because we didn?t want a huge SUV. The Denali package is beautiful and we are happy with the features.

Amazing drive

Handled great. Fit three adults and three kids comfortably for a 17 hr trip down south, and all of luggage! The WiFi feature kept the kids entertained. Handled amazing through a flash flood situation in the highway, and SO easy to navigate in city driving, too! The GPS is ON POINT; the best I?ve ever used! I have the Denali version, so we have all the bells and whistles! Was considering an Infinity, but for the price, the Acadia just offers SO much at such a reasonable price!

Stylish, Spacious and Practical

As a busy mom of three, this car suited all of my needs and I felt stylish driving it at the same time. I truly loved driving it for four years! My only complaint would be that the V6 engine lacked some pep and pick-up, but overall a nice smooth ride and very reliable vehicle.

Excellent Service Great Team 5 stars on all

My Wife and I love the 2012 Acadia. Thank you Rene Prado for helping with new customers. Luna Car Center has Quality Vehicles. You can also get a 30 percent discount on maintenance of your vehicle! Awesome